Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

This team has previously been very predictable I’d suggest. Different regime now clearly.

However, I think you’re missing the point. Based on your faith in Keim, we’re either sticking at #2 or trading back aren’t we - as the only thing he’s potentially discounted is the move up.

Would you be happy with a Baker/Howell 1-2 ?

Maybe.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to the PFF guys podcast. Sikkema and another guy.  It was about what they were hearing at the combine.  Some of it was...

A.  They echoed what Finlay, Tishler, Hoffman, Jeff Howe (Pats reporter) have said which is the talk there is Caleb is the clear #1.  Maye the clear #2.  Daniels the clear #3.  They were surprised a little (though those 2 like Maye better) that Daniels didn't have more momentum with personnel guys to go #2 referencing all the momentum he has with the draft media.

B.  They referenced talking to a bunch of people around teams and that Daniels only had 2 teams rated him ahead of Maye.  I gather from that comment they talked to a lot of people to say just 2.  And one of those 2 teams they hinted was the Raiders and the other was a team out of the top 10.

C.  They heard Washington is either picking 2 or trading up to 1, they aren't trading down.  They didn't rule out trading for Caleb and the Bears taking a Qb at #2, i am gathering Maye.  But they don't think the Bears will trade the pick but though Washington will likely give it a shot to trade up.

D.  Justin Fields will be traded.  And the trade market is dissappointing so far -- whatever that means

E.  They hear Bowers likely drops out of the top 10

F.  NE might trade down from 3

G.  Tampa likely secures their top FAs -- Evans and Mayfield

D. I would imagine that means no 2nd rounder is happening, and offers are probably limited to a 3rd and a day 3 pick.

E. I did see some stuff from twitter guys I trust that while they love Bowers, Bowers size is a legit issue. He is not a dominating physical specimen to go with his ridiculous production AND blocking skills, he's more on the average/smaller size for an elite TE prospect. Looks like he's basically a good 15-20 pounds lighter than recent guys like Pitts, Mayer, Kincaid and Laporta, and when standing next to Gronk, he looks like a 10 year old versus a 16 year old metaphorically speaking (Gronk is a good 2-3 inches taller, and 30-35 pounds heavier). 

I still think Bowers is gonna be great, but he's not physically imposing in the same way last years class was or Gronk for that matter or Pitts. 

F. I'm surprised at NE "maybe" and us going up "maybe".

A. Okay, Im officially almost not surprised at the Maye stuff. I heard like a month ago, that Maye and Daniels weren't close for NFL Personel guys, then the past month as most of the media draft guys reviewed tape and dove into the analytics, some of them really fell in love with Daniels, so I was getting worried that maybe the NFL Personel stuff was wrong, but it definitely appears to not be wrong. Only 1 team that didn't personally coach Daniels (the raider guy did at ASU), has him ahead of Maye. That is quite definitive. I also think part of this is probably the NFL guys are focused on '22 and '23, and most of the draft media guys are looking at 23 alone (which really lifts Daniels, and blunts Maye a bit). 

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

This team has previously been very predictable I’d suggest. Different regime now clearly.

However, I think you’re missing the point. Based on your faith in Keim, we’re either sticking at #2 or trading back aren’t we - as the only thing he’s potentially discounted is the move up.

There's a difference between being predictable and outright telling the world what we're doing.

And there have also been tweets saying that Washington is either trading up or staying put at 2.

Key takeaway? 99% of what we hear right now in general is BS and should only be taken for its entertainment value

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Let this be true…..sorry for stating my obvious response…:ols:

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

"Don't be surprised, but unlikely it happens"

Good grief man. I freaking hate Twitter or X or whatever the hell its turned into now

No offence but what are you expecting. We are all feeding off this BS, that’s the name of the game isn’t it ? Go with the flow….

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Daniels is closer to Mccarthy than he is to Williams/Maye. 

I kinda agree, but I kinda don't. I think his floor and risk versus Ceiling pushes him more there, but honestly I think whats genuinely obvious here is:

Tier 1A:

Williams

Tier 1B/2

Maye (I'm 1B's because of some alarming "time he takes to throw" info on Williams I heard today)

Tier 3:

Daniels

Tier 4:

JJ

Tier 4B:

Penix: DND for me because of age and injury history. 

Tier 5:

Nix

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

No offence but what are you expecting. We are all feeding off this BS, that’s the name of the game isn’t it ? Go with the flow….

Yeah true, but its just dumb. Its just unsubstantiated rumor prefaced with "unlikely to happen." Nobody is actually reporting anything.

Every "report" is just "team A could do this! but they probably wont. but they could!!"

Newsflash: I could have a three some with my wife and her super hot friend. I probably won't.  But its possible! But its unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah true, but its just dumb. Its just unsubstantiated rumor prefaced with "unlikely to happen." Nobody is actually reporting anything.

Every "report" is just "team A could do this! but they probably wont. but they could!!"

Newsflash: I could have a three some with my wife and her super hot friend. I probably won't.  But its possible! But its unlikely.

The Bears moving on from Fields and then dropping to #2 isn’t that dumb. It’s probably the second most likely scenario in the draft, after them staying put and taking Williams.

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I'm 1B's because of some alarming "time he takes to throw" info on Williams I heard today

I wouldnt be too worried about that stat. He creates that time on his own by scrambling try to create big plays. Whichever team takes him will reign him in some and make him play more in structure. Which he is elite at when he does it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

The Bears moving on from Fields and then dropping to #2 isn’t that dumb. It’s probably the second most likely scenario in the draft, after them staying put and taking Williams.

I'm not saying the idea of it is dumb. I'm saying the people just spouting random stuff with no real substance is dumb.

9 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

D. I would imagine that means no 2nd rounder is happening, and offers are probably limited to a 3rd and a day 3 pick.

E. I did see some stuff from twitter guys I trust that while they love Bowers, Bowers size is a legit issue. He is not a dominating physical specimen to go with his ridiculous production AND blocking skills, he's more on the average/smaller size for an elite TE prospect. Looks like he's basically a good 15-20 pounds lighter than recent guys like Pitts, Mayer, Kincaid and Laporta, and when standing next to Gronk, he looks like a 10 year old versus a 16 year old metaphorically speaking (Gronk is a good 2-3 inches taller, and 30-35 pounds heavier). 

I still think Bowers is gonna be great, but he's not physically imposing in the same way last years class was or Gronk for that matter or Pitts. 

F. I'm surprised at NE "maybe" and us going up "maybe".

A. Okay, Im officially almost not surprised at the Maye stuff. I heard like a month ago, that Maye and Daniels weren't close for NFL Personel guys, then the past month as most of the media draft guys reviewed tape and dove into the analytics, some of them really fell in love with Daniels, so I was getting worried that maybe the NFL Personel stuff was wrong, but it definitely appears to not be wrong. Only 1 team that didn't personally coach Daniels (the raider guy did at ASU), has him ahead of Maye. That is quite definitive. I also think part of this is probably the NFL guys are focused on '22 and '23, and most of the draft media guys are looking at 23 alone (which really lifts Daniels, and blunts Maye a bit). 

Lol, McShay said he heard the opposite 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not saying the idea of it is dumb. I'm saying the people just spouting random stuff with no real substance is dumb.

And you’ve stuck around here long enough to accumulate nearly 50,000 posts. You must be immune to that by now :ols:

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

"Don't be surprised, but unlikely it happens"

Good grief man. I freaking hate Twitter or X or whatever the hell its turned into now

This is EVERY draft of course.  But we are in a rare drivers seat mode where all this stuff effects us more.  When we are setting outside the top 10 we don't give a rats behind about any rumors.

I recall one national reporter once said the League likes it when there are rampant rumors about the draft because its a way to stay relevant when the season is over

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

And you’ve stuck around here long enough to accumulate nearly 50,000 posts. You must be immune to that by now :ols:

I'm a masochist with no life.

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Only 7 more weeks of this circular discussion.

LETS GOOOO.

So I will say once we're done with FA and get closer to the draft, we'll get more concrete news and reports. Like last year, we started hearing from guys like Keim how interested the team was in Emmanuel Forbes in the last few days leading up to the draft.

If we sign a bunch of run blocking type OL then it might telegraph that we're leaning Daniels, for example.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Keim doesn't have a feel for what they do.  But I've said this every year.  He doesn't seem to have a feel until typically April -- seems like for 2 reasons:

1.  Teams typically are still deciding, longer data point

2.  Gives more time for things to leak

My point is we never know.  Teams just about never declare whether they are staying at a pick or trading down not even the night before the draft let alone now.  Its in their best interest to keep things foggy on purpose.  It goes with the turf.

Also Keim said this group on every major issue will kick the tires on everything and consider everything.  I gather most teams do so.  You got nothing to lose to spent time thinking about everything.  And if that fuels speculation even better. 

Only reason why Keim is going to bat on the Caleb stuff, trading up to #1 is he hears they feel that their draft capital right now is precious and they are excited to use it, so he doesn't feel like they want to get rid of that capital and the reporters he knows who cover the Bears say the are staying put and taking Caleb.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

What happens with Fields, Cousins and Mayfield really affects the rest of the draft. If Cousins leaves Minnesota, do the Vikings definitely trade up to get a QB? Does Justin Fields become a backup somewhere like Trey Lance?

44 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Different styles he knows how to get down. And just turning 21 plus still growing and looks like he has the frame too. Daniels is on the downside of growing at 24. 

Huh? It’s well known you really stop growing around 20. It’s science. If JJ can put on some lbs, so can Jayden. Can’t just change the rules for JJ’s small frame. 

Also, Jayden being closer to Jj than Caleb and Maye?  :lol: What? Jayden is in a different stratosphere from JJ. Jayden is a day 1 starter in the NFL whereas JJ likely won’t see the field for 1-2 seasons.

we all have our opinions though, to each their own. JJ is Daniel Jones 2.0, the similarities are all right there. Also when is the last time a game manager in college ever became elite in the NFL? It doesn’t happen. 

Edited by BayouBrave86