Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sell or Superbowl?

Reaper Skins

Sell or Superbowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Event Would You Celebrate More?

• Snyder Selling the Team
    • Snyder Hoisting the Lombardi Trophy

Winning a ring, it would require him making some changes i dont believe he's capable of, but if he does, and that happens, I can keep from being so angry that I can't be happy.

Jus because we get a new owner doesn't mean they'll be any better, it's still a good ol boys club.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Winning a ring, it would require him making some changes i dont believe he's capable of, but if he does, and that happens, I can keep from being so angry that I can't be happy.

Jus because we get a new owner doesn't mean they'll be any better, it's still a good ol boys club.

Yet most good ol boys run their clubs much better than ours.  I'll happily take our chances with a new one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SeatCushionGame said:

Yet most good ol boys run their clubs much better than ours.  I'll happily take our chances with a new one.

I remember going off on why we shouldn't hope for Bezos to buy the team, it could always be worse.  

I'd want a new owner too, but I want to emphasize that that doesn't mean we'll get a ring.  If I had a choice between a ring and new owner, im taking the ring all day.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Superbowl 10/10 times

Actually winning the superbowl would be achieving the goal many see as impossible under Snyder.

Getting a new owner would be taking the step many see as necessary in route to having just a chance at winning the superbowl.

A runner's goal is to win the race. If you ask said runner would he rather flat out win a race, or have a slightly better chance at winning the race, he'll take the W.

If the choice is getting a SB, or having a slightly better shot at an SB... I'll take the Lombardi.

• Like 3

With society devolving in ways and seeing how the Richie Riches hold everything to themselves because they believe they have more knowledge than us 'peasants', i'm not so sure that getting a new owner would be in the best interest of the organization, but moreso in the best interest of the new owner[s]. 

Simply, I see it this way; a new owner may want to cleanse the entire organization of everything, including the burgundy and gold. 

I may despise Snyder, but at least he is a fan of the team, the history, and everything that comes with it. 

I dunno about others, but to see a new owner change the colors to orange and green, or red and purple would completely turn me off of football altogether. 

Change is not always a good thing, keep that in mind...

Superbowl will solve everything. The email thing is the past still biting us. Winning cures all. 

Honestly the entire system is awful from the high school star beating up the smart kids and getting through free college without having to even read like an adult. Having frat parties ripe with rape and not caring about any of that stuff. 

It's easy to overlook so much. We basically kidnapped our cheerleaders and sold them. Look how many people think changing our racist name is absurd. It's just a ****ing sports team mascot. 

We love our gladiators and will overlook absolutely anything awful when they deliver and make us feel special and better.

If Dan can just be a fan and stay out of the mix and we become winners with a big checkbook, Dan will become endeared. Think im wrong all you want, but ****bag Goodall is keeping him safe. You will too if we start winning.

4 hours ago, JesseNeckred said:

Super Bowl for sure, I'd definitely question anyone's fandom who actually disliked it (I doubt any who voted the other would dislike a Super Bowl win)

It would feel like a Super Bowl if Dan sold the team, though.

As someone who would rather see Dan sell the team - it's not that I wouldn't like the team winning a SB, I just would like seeing Dan sell the team 100x more. 

• Thanks 1

The OPs question isn't would you rather Snyder sold the team, or WFT wins the Super Bowl. The question is which event would you celebrate more: Snyder selling the team, or Snyder hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. It's only a subtle difference in wording, but it makes a big difference to the answer.

The thought of a grinning Snyder, basking in the glory on the podium, holding the trophy above his head, makes me want to puke. There's no way I would celebrate that (even though I would obviously celebrate the actual winning of it).

Snyder selling the team would make me so happy that I would probably shed a tear or two.

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Snyder hoisting the SB trophy would mean Washington wins the super bowl, so I’d celebrate that wayy more, just for the sole fact that it means we won. 

7 hours ago, Csup said:

The only way i actively root for the team again  is if Synder sells it.   

So if (and that’s a HUGEEEE “if”) the team has a 13-4 or 12-5 season and wins a couple playoff games, you won’t be happy? Or you will be happy, but just not rooting for it to happen? 

I voted for the "sell the team".

As much as I'd love the team, even this one, win a Superbowl, I simply don't see that happening anytime soon. I would be glad for the players and coaches, but that's merely it.

Why?

Because Dan has done so many harms to this team that crap, I don't want this team win a Superbowl with him at the helm if he keeps own trashing the team.

Guy is such a moron that winning a Superbowl would makes him thinks he's right and entitle him to harm us even more.

So yeah, somehow, I'd celebrate Dan selling the team more than winning a Superbowl right now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I remember going off on why we shouldn't hope for Bezos to buy the team, it could always be worse.  

I'd want a new owner too, but I want to emphasize that that doesn't mean we'll get a ring.  If I had a choice between a ring and new owner, im taking the ring all day.

We already know what we have with Snyder, and it is bad- very bad.  I’d gladly take a chance on someone else.  You never know what could be unless you try

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, but you don’t. And we aren’t getting a Lombardi with Snyder… so…