Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sell or Superbowl?

Reaper Skins

Sell or Superbowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Event Would You Celebrate More?

• Snyder Selling the Team
    • Snyder Hoisting the Lombardi Trophy

I voted Snyder selling the team but more because of how the question was worded. I would celebrate the team winning a SB more than dan selling the team. But would not celebrate dan lifting the SB more than his selling it. 

Granted, if the team wins the SB then dan lifts it. But for me, they are still two different things, at least i can compartmentalize them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, London Kev said:

The OPs question isn't would you rather Snyder sold the team, or WFT wins the Super Bowl. The question is which event would you celebrate more: Snyder selling the team, or Snyder hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. It's only a subtle difference in wording, but it makes a big difference to the answer.

The thought of a grinning Snyder, basking in the glory on the podium, holding the trophy above his head, makes me want to puke. There's no way I would celebrate that (even though I would obviously celebrate the actual winning of it).

Snyder selling the team would make me so happy that I would probably shed a tear or two.

After reading your breakdown I wish I could change my vote

• Thumb up 1

Seeing Snyder hoist a Lombardi would take some of the enjoyment out of it for me, I'm not gonna lie.  IMO, to him that'll mean that everything he did to get him to that point was valid.

18 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I remember going off on why we shouldn't hope for Bezos to buy the team, it could always be worse.  

I'd want a new owner too, but I want to emphasize that that doesn't mean we'll get a ring.  If I had a choice between a ring and new owner, im taking the ring all day.

I hope like hell Bezos would buy this team.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Then we are hypocrite saying how embarrassed we are of Snyder.  What some people really want is winning again, could care less about the scandals if we were winning.  And that's jus sad.

Not really.  I don't care what happens at Amazon.  Quite frankly, it's a service that practically everyone uses.  Unless you're one of the very few people that hasn't purchased anything on Amazon before, you're just as hypocritical.  Never shop at Whole Foods?  Zappos?  Never look up anything on IMDB.com?  Never bought a copy of the WaPo?  

If all of us were so worried about the owners of the companies we buy products from, we'd probably all be homeless and naked.  I don't really see the difference between supporting someone like Bezos and having a pair of Nikes made in a sweatshop. 

You're assuming Bezos buying the team would automatically embroil the franchise in more scandals and more ****shows.  It's possible, but there's also the possibility that he could run a really clean program, spend a lot of money to get a new stadium back in DC and make this a first class organization again.  He'd spare no expense.

As far as the good old boys network that own the rest of the teams, he's the one guy in the world that could give them all the finger and do what he'd want to do anyway.

Yeah, I want winning again.  I really don't care who the owner is as long as it happens.  You're assuming the worst if Bezos buys the team, I'm assuming the best.  The reality is probably somewhere in the middle.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I want winning again.  I really don't care who the owner is as long as it happens.  You're assuming the worst if Bezos buys the team, I'm assuming the best.  The reality is probably somewhere in the middle.  

You are right that it is hard to get away from the assholes that run these corporations.  I remember boycotting Amazon, but ebay was giving me too much crap and couldn't afford that with kid on the way. 

I was reading WaPo faithfully before he bought it, another tough one.  But I've been off Facebook for over 2 years now and been actively getting people to join me, wife and I deleted our accounts on the same day.

Yes, it may be somewhere in the middle, but he's not the only person that can afford to buy this team.  Why take his baggage when we don't have to?  He is fn blue origin up right now, so its not like he's infallible businesswise. 

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, Renegade7 said:

You are right that it is hard to get away from the assholes that run these corporations.  I remember boycotting Amazon, but ebay was giving me too much crap and couldn't afford that with kid on the way. 

I was reading WaPo faithfully before he bought it, another tough one.  But I've been off Facebook for over 2 years now and been actively getting people to join me, wife and I deleted our accounts on the same day.

Yes, it may be somewhere in the middle, but he's not the only person that can afford to buy this team.  Why take his baggage when we don't have to?  He is fn blue origin right now, so its not like he's infallible businesswise. 

Congrats on being off facebook for over 2 years, it's been about 3 for me.  But I'm on Instagram all the time so it's whatever.

I agree, anyone else could buy this team, you just brought up Bezos.  I'm convinced there can't be anyone out there as bad as Snyder has been at owning this team.  He's got to be the worst owner in sports.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Yes, it may be somewhere in the middle, but he's not the only person that can afford to buy this team.  Why take his baggage when we don't have to?  He is fn blue origin up right now, so its not like he's infallible businesswise. 

I get what you are saying, I really do. But the point here really is we know how bad snyder is and while yes there is a small chance Bezos could be just as bad I would take my chances he would not be. For me I jsut want a new start and honestly I could care less who buys the team. We have no input to that process. But dan has been so bad I have a really hard time believing anyone could be worse. Will they be perfect? No. But as @Spaceman Spiff said if we turned our nose up at any large corporate owner who has a few skeletons in the closet, we would not get a new owner. 

And the last part we have zero choice just like we cant really get rid of snyder. I guess we could decide to not support the team. But at this point anyone who has not jumped ship by now probably is not. I honestly wish I could. I hate that I still care what happens on gameday. Now my level of anxiety when we lose has gone down tremendously just becasue I had to stay sane. But I can't jsut walk away. This team has been too big a art of my life for way too long. I jsut keep hoping it will finally turn it around. 

17 hours ago, goskins10 said:

. Will they be perfect? No. But as @Spaceman Spiff said if we turned our nose up at any large corporate owner who has a few skeletons in the closet, we would not get a new owner. 

I feel your pain, brother, I really do.

Having said that, Bezos doesn't have skeletons in his closet, he has a whole grave yard.  Id be uncomfortable AF with what comes with that, the target would still be on our back with him, and winning wouldn't change that because of everything else he's up to with his other endeavors. He's that unpopular and polarizing right now, hard pass.

Will any billionaire be perfect, good point, I agree the answer is no.  Can we do better the Bezos? Absolutely. 

Edited by Renegade7

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I feel your pain, brother, I really do.

Having said that, Bezos doesn't have skeletons in his closet, he has a whole grave yard.  Id be uncomfortable AF with what comes with that, the target would still be on our back with him, and winning wouldn't change that because of everything else he's up to with his other endeavors. He's that unpopular and polarizing right now, hard pass.

Will any billionaire be perfect, good point, I agree the answer is no.  Can we do better the Bezos? Absolutely. 

I get you hate Bezos. Fair enough. I realize he is no angel. I get he has done some shady ****. But no matter how much you hate bezos I promise you I hate dan ****ing weasel ass snyder 100 times worse. So I am pretty much down for almost anyone taking a shot at it. 

The real issue is in the end we have no control over who buys the team if dan even puts it up for sale. So in the end it does not matter who you or I like or want. And that is the true tragedy. So many of us have deep rooted memories from this teams past and yet we have zero control over who shepherds the team. All we can do is sit and hope the next POS is not as big a POS as the last one.