Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Chiefs Prediction Thread: The 'Used To Be's' vs the ' Has Beens '

skins island connection

When: Sunday October 17th 2021

Where: Fed Ex Field a.k.a. 'th' Dump { or enter your own name }

This Sunday, the WFT welcomes in the Kansas City Chiefs.

Oh boy!

*  { edit }  Almost forgot; the Chiefs are 9-1 against this team, or the former team, whichever way you prefer.

The last time the Redskins beat the Chiefs, Ronald Reagan was president; IN HIS 1ST TERM!!  September 18th 19-friggin 83 to be precise. We made Reagan so proud he decided to invade Grenada the following month...

And lets not forget the slightly depressing game back in 2013 when there were about 27 fans in the stands.

There are a number of ways one could look at this game, a blow-out early, a surprising battle to the end, or a game where the WFT gives the Chiefs their 4th loss of the season.  Nah...

This past Sunday, we witnessed a game where the WFT were supposed to win, should have won, but instead we watched yet another debacle by the secondary, giving up yet once again wide open WRs easy toss-n-catch TDs, on their way to a 33-22 loss.

Offensively, the wonder child was squished like Wonder bread, and did not have a game he was proud of. His passes were a little more than off alot more than usual, and at times he seemed to press too much and telegraphed some of his passes. Now, TH was missing some key guys that would have definitely helped out, like Logan Thomas and a couple other WRs that he's developed some of a chemistry with, but he simply forced too many passes, in a game where numerous opportunities to take early command slipped away. 

But lets get to the problem that has plagued this team all season; the defense, or lack thereof. 

1 sack, and a few forced passes from Winston, but Kamara gave them fits, just as we thought. Once again, mis-communication, or maybe it is no communication, between secondary players, leaving wide open WRs yet again. I can understand a CB or safety having a bad week, a blown coverage every once in awhile, but not multiple times every game!  Yet it is still happening, and the DC Jack DelTaco, got eaten up again. 

At least the hate has calmed down a bit for the kicker Dustin Hopkins, as he did good, but the number of missed PATs this past Sunday was incredible! WOW! 

So, Andy Reid brings his Chiefs into town, and their luck isn't so good either. Currently they are also 2-3, and the league is all scratching their heads asking how? 

I can make a logical assumption that QB Patrick Mahomes wants to right his ship and get back into the winning column. Wr Tyreek Hill may end up having a career day vs this broken WFT secondary, and quite frankly the game could be over by mid-2nd qtr. The Chiefs defense is also struggling, really low in most all catagories, and rumor has it that Daniel Snyder is exercising an idea to file lawsuit against the Chiefs defense for copyright infringement! 

So, this will be a game, and yet it could possibly end up being an entertaining game; 2 struggling defenses, but sadly only one has a good enough offense to stand alone.

Will TH have a career day in rushing yds?

Will the WFT defense FINALLY get its act together and play a form of recognizable defense?

Will some of the WFT d-linemen want to jump ship to KC? 

We'll just have to wait and see.

Final score:

WFT 24

Chiefs 45

* I do have a new WFT cap for the first correct score prediction, as well as a new box of Kleenex to wipe the tears away.

Good luck !

Edited by skins island connection
  • Like 1

Kelce and Hill are both questionable, and Edwards-Helaire is out.  If Hill and/or Kelce miss the game, then we might have a shot.  Ah, who am I kidding, the Chiefs will destroy us.  It should be pointed out that their defense is pretty terrible as well.  

The Vegas angle gives me some slight hope here. It’s Chiefs -6.5. Seems far too low on paper. Public is pounding Chiefs as you’d expect. I’m gamble more than I should and my general philosophy is to side with the house. The house is knowingly setting a line here understanding the public will load up on KC. So far there is no line movement, which means the books either aren’t getting “sharp” money on KC or they don’t care and are willing to roll dice on WFT. 

They don’t give money away— this line looks like stealing. I’d advise to tread lightly. If the line shoots up to 8+ before kickoff that would be a bit of tell. 

35 minutes ago, Csup said:

I want to be a contrarian.  The Chiefs look very ordinary this year.  But this is Washington we are talking about.  

KC. 38

Washington 23

The Chiefs have looked like less of a juggernaut than they usually do, but they're still the Chiefs, he's still Mahomes, and our defense is still our defense. It's going to be a miracle if they don't drop a 40 burger on us. Our team isn't built to win shootouts.