Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Ain’ts Drew Brees

TK
Message added by TK,

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 4.17.58 PM.png

49 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

No one is refuting that but doesn’t mean they’re the only problem. He had opportunities in the first half which could have changed the complexion of the game and he couldn’t get the job done. If he needs elite weapons all around him in order to succeed well then he’s no different than any other QB that couldn’t cut it. 

You are right. TH had an opportunity to bat the ball down on that hail Mary and failed at the end of the 1st half. 

18 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

We were stupid and drafted a QB a year early. Should’ve waited for that loaded QB draft. And now we have to do it all over again. 

We were are not stupid. Everyone in this forum knew about the QB class of 2020. Dan's kid wanted his friend from HS to be the QB instead. They were the one who were stupid and the idiots behind that pick. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

It’s comments like this that discredit anything you say.

At least I don't blame everything on one player and how he should have done everything in the 1st half by himself. Don't know why you have a hard time looking at the total picture instead. 

Just now, zskins said:

At least I don't blame everything on one player and how he should have done everything in the 1st half by himself. Don't know why you have a hard time looking at the total picture instead. 

Find me ONE single example…. Just one where I blame everything on him. One. A single, solitary example. Uno. 

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Find me ONE single example…. Just one where I blame everything on him. One. A single, solitary example. Uno. 

So you didn't say he had the chance in 1st half but but couldn't get the job done and that changed the outcome of the game. Isn't that putting all the blame on him? The hail Mary changed the outcome. Let's put the blame where it needs to be. 

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

So you didn't say he had the chance in 1st half but but couldn't get the job done and that changed the outcome of the game. Isn't that putting all the blame on him? The hail Mary changed the outcome. Let's put the blame where it needs to be. 

Don’t twist it around. I said he had opportunities in the first half that could have changed the complexity of the game and couldn’t do it. The two turnovers leading to 3 points for example. For The first 29:55 of the game the defense for the most part didn’t their job. It was the offense that struggled. Hail Mary happened, we went three and out on the first drive of the second half and then the bottom completely fell out mostly due to the inefficiency of the defense. As I’ve said in this thread numerous times, everyone sucked.

Edited by PartyPosse

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So from what you saw Lattimore struggled?  I wasn't always paying attention to him.  i'll rewatch this game eventually.  And heck if Terry had a good game against Lattimore and I got it backwards, I'll be more than glad to backtrack.  But I am not taking anyone's word for it yet because this is my initial impression.  But my impressions sometimes change on rewatches. 

No, my impression is they played to somewhat of a tie.  But Terry was somewhat influenced by the fact he was open at time and the ball wasn’t delivered properly.  On the 3rd and 4th down sequence which resulted in 2 in-completes, Terry was open on both throws and the ball arrived late.

I think this was the most obvious display of TH’s lack of arm strength.  The Saints challenged him to throw into tight windows, and he couldn’t. 

At the end of the game, when they were down significantly, Taylor forced a number of balls to Terry.  I think at that point, Latimore had an advantage and covered him kindof like a blanket.

I put this more on situations and less on Terry. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No, my impression is they played to somewhat of a tie.  But Terry was somewhat influenced by the fact he was open at time and the ball wasn’t delivered properly.  On the 3rd and 4th down sequence which resulted in 2 in-completes, Terry was open on both throws and the ball arrived late.

I think this was the most obvious display of TH’s lack of arm strength.  The Saints challenged him to throw into tight windows, and he couldn’t. 

At the end of the game, when they were down significantly, Taylor forced a number of balls to Terry.  I think at that point, Latimore had an advantage and covered him kindof like a blanket.

I put this more on situations and less on Terry. 

I put this more on Latimore playing well than on Terry. And I think my point is getting lost in the sauce which seems to be a heaping of angst about Heinicke.  I get the angst and I don't have the energy anymore or even care to keep trying to seperate the matchup with Heinicke's play.   

8 minutes ago, zskins said:

Did you not see where TH turned the ball over? Once in the red zone, no points.  Once on the other end of the field giving the Saints the ball near the red zone.  Those are just the turnovers, not even getting into the failed drives where TH was just flat out inaccurate.  He had a bad game, it happens.  Not admitting that, and saying things like “he did enough to to win if the defense…” anything after that performance is outrageous.

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Did you not see where TH turned the ball over? Once in the red zone, no points.  Once on the other end of the field giving the Saints the ball near the red zone.  Those are just the turnovers, not even getting into the failed drives where TH was just flat out inaccurate.  He had a bad game, it happens.  Not admitting that, and saying things like “he did enough to to win if the defense…” anything after that performance is outrageous.

TH is essentially a rookie qb, and one that most likely won't be starting for us all next year. I don't care what he does as much as I care what we've invested all of our drafts and money into. I don't care that he gave up 2 turnovers in his like 5th start ever, I care about the D stopping the damn other team from scoring so much. We expected these pains from the offense, we knew it was going to be rough with them. The defense are the ones that are supposed to be keeping us in games so that mistakes can be mitigated. So yes, absolutely the defense did not do anywhere close to enough to help us win, and it's more on them and the coaches because that's where the damn talent is. It's 30+ points a game every game that this team allows. They are weighted differently by a mile for me, but sure, blame the specific loss on TH, that's ignoring a massively underachieving elephant in the room though.

Edited by DCF

18 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Need the cowboys to get some injuries........

Or just need better players who are coached better to beat a healthy Dallas team.  

yeah going to need Dak to go down to have a chance of even competing with Dallas. 

5 minutes ago, DCF said:

TH is essentially a rookie qb, and one that most likely won't be starting for us all next year. I don't care what he does as much as I care what we've invested all of our drafts and money into. I don't care that he gave up 2 turnovers in his like 5th start ever, I care about the D stopping the damn other team from scoring so much. We expected these pains from the offense, we knew it was going to be rough with them. The defense is the ones that are supposed to be keeping us in games so that mistakes can be mitigated. So yes, absolutely the defense did not do anywhere close to enough to help us win, and it's more on them and the coaches because that's where the damn talent is. It's 30+ points a game every game that this team allows. They are weighted differently by a mile for me, but sure, blame the specific loss on TH, that's ignoring a massively underachieving elephant in the room though.

You are free to care and not care about whatever you want.

That doesn’t escape the fact that any QB who goes 20-41, with 2 picks in incredibly costly territories, is a significant part of the reason a team lost.

I loathe the defense too.  They stink.  Awful to watch.  Give us no chance to win.  But neither did our QB this week.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree about this part of your post for sure. But Taylor throwing picks in his own territory isnt helping the defense win anything either. 

Joey Bosa is a so much more refined pass rusher than Chase Young. Young has a TON of work to do to get to that guys level. A TON. 

So why again did we draft him #2?  Aren’t guys who have a lot to work on drafted lower?  Was this not seen on college tape?  Our last 2 draft picks have not been worthy of their positions, period.  Jerry Jones’ gang may not be able to out a complete team together but their talent evaluation is far superior to ours.  Year after year.  

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You are free to care and not care about whatever you want.

That doesn’t escape the fact that any QB who goes 20-41, with 2 picks in incredibly costly territories, is a significant part of the reason a team lost.

I loathe the defense too.  They stink.  Awful to watch.  Give us no chance to win.  But neither did our QB this week.

My point is I grade them on a curve. So I'm expecting the defense to bail out 2 picks in costly territories, and therefore I don't assess that as a significant part of a the reason the team lost. The defense is where everything is stacked, they live up to their expectations and I think we win.