Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The ATL Birds That Need A Bath Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1375467994_ScreenShot2021-10-03at4_25_38PM.thumb.png.d8354ef598aff9fab283fcbf28b084e4.png

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wish i had that game, instead of ravens broncos........

using reddit streams or sportsurge dot net (one word) on a Samsung phone is your friend! 

I'm out of market, and it's the only way I can watch the Skins without paying $400

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

What was the reason for RR calling a TO at the end to give the Falcons more time to think of their last play?

Falcons came out with their best play call.

You get to see it then call a TO.

Then the falcons either have to run it again after showing their hand, or move to their 2nd best play call. It is a good move by coach

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I couldn’t participate in this thread this week, but I’m quite certain without reading a single page that it was just as neurotic as last weeks, and the week before that, and the week before that lol.  I watched the game at work.  Some quick takes.…

Heinicke may legitimately be our QB of the future right now.  He is not perfect but he just seems to have the right stuff.  I think he is going to get even better.   

Our defense played better at times today, but they still gave up crucial third downs. They are not playing at anything close to what we thought or expected.  Not sure what the issue is.   

Scary Terry is an absolute beast.  Best player on our team right now.   

They are 2-2, which is infinitely better than 1-3.  They could also easily be 0-4.  I really feel like this is the modern NFL though.  A win is a win these days.  They still have a lot they can improve on and they will need to improve with the tough schedule coming up.     

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Sorry if this has been discussed but I wasn’t able to keep up with the thread

am I mistaken or did the falcons get a free play near the end because the clock never started?

i could have sworn the clock was at 23 seconds. The falcons ran a play and it was still at 23 seconds. Did anyone else see this or am I going crazy?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

am I mistaken or did the falcons get a free play near the end because the clock never started?

i could have sworn the clock was at 23 seconds. The falcons ran a play and it was still at 23 seconds. Did anyone else see this or am I going crazy?

I think that was when they used their final timeout. Although that might’ve been a play earlier, I’m not sure. 

22 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

I was there & screaming about it.  You're not crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think that was when they used their final timeout. Although that might’ve been a play earlier, I’m not sure. 

Yeah it was the play before the final timeout play.

Defense still looks extremely underwhelming....and that's being kinda nice.  

Terry, at this point, is the best player on this team -- by far.  Taylor,....I'm really impressed with him so far and really rooting for this kid.  If he can stay healthy and continue to slowly gain confidence, experience to elevate his game there is a slight change for him to the be "the guy" for the near term future.  Maybe even longer.  We'll see,...obviously. 

Edited by Probos

Just now, Probos said:

Defense still looks extremely underwhelming....and that's being kinda nice.  

Terry, at this point, is the best player on this team -- by far.  Taylor,....I'm really impressed with him so far and really rooting for this kid.  If he can stay healthy and continue to slowing gain confidence, experience to elevate his game there is a slight change for him to the be "the guy" for the near term future.  Maybe even longer.  We'll see,...obviously. 

Agreed. Terry, Taylor, and McKissic get the game balls. The defense needs to take a hard look in the mirror. Especially disappointed in the secondary play today. The corners have terrible technique and are playing scared. Bailing early and not staying in their peddle to drive on the football. They can't cover has been receivers at this point. We all know the LB's are struggling but the secondary is really regressing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Agreed. Terry, Taylor, and McKissic get the game balls. The defense needs to take a hard look in the mirror. Especially disappointed in the secondary play today. The corners have terrible technique and are playing scared. Bailing early and not staying in their peddle to drive on the football. They can't cover has been receivers at this point. We all know the LB's are struggling but the secondary is really regressing.

Carter totally deserves a game ball. I think that was our first KR TD since Sims's TD in 2019 and that catch during the last final drive was huge

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 3

I just can't get my head around the defense. I get that it can be complex, but unless I have to play all 11 positions at once, I don't see how it's rocket science? We have a gaping hole about 10-15 yards down the field.. 3rd and long, figure it out, please!!! Down's 1 and 2 I can deal with whatever they're doing, for the time being. But 3rd down (and over 5 yards) is simply killing us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I think the defense has been taking a hard look in the mirror. They just can't seem to change the way they look. I guess they have to take it one pimple at at time.

to me it's not the defensive personnel, it's the scheme. We need to be more aggressive and come after these QB's. JDR is giving these vets too much credit, if you're gonna give up 4 passing TD's to a guy then you may as well come at him full force. Falcons had a 33% third down conversion rate coming into todays game and we couldn't stop them. JDR is doing something very, very wrong based on this statistic alone. I hope RR calls him out and we get this **** figured out. This team is coached very poorly in my opinion....painfully poor. 

3 hours ago, VeroViper said:

I noticed that as well....all game. There must have been some bad feelings during his very brief stint here. His commentary was blatantly slanted against us. It was so bad I considered muting the sound a few times.

What exactly did he say. I didn’t hear anything that stood out. It’s not like he trashed the character of people (or maybe he did?)

If he criticized the performance then he is more than likely correct since we are underperforming this year and its been very disappointing.

Edited by dyst

1 hour ago, GoDeep81 said:

I just can't get my head around the defense. I get that it can be complex, but unless I have to play all 11 positions at once, I don't see how it's rocket science? We have a gaping hole about 10-15 yards down the field.. 3rd and long, figure it out, please!!! Down's 1 and 2 I can deal with whatever they're doing, for the time being. But 3rd down (and over 5 yards) is simply killing us. 

It really is inexplicible. Its like they all collectively got the yips. I mean I accept that they aren't as talented as we thought but they're legitimately one of if not the worst defenses in team history despite a lot invested into it. And its not like guys are just getting beat, guys are getting WIDE open.

I feel like something is going on in the locker room and it almost feels like guys are intentionally tanking because of Rivera's harsh criticism towards the anti vaxers. Prob completely BS but nothing makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

I'm hoping you all discussed it when it happened, but how the **** was there not a flag thrown for PI on McLaurin's late touchdown catch?  The officiating this year has just been abyssmal.

It looked like the ref started to pull the flag and decided against it once he saw Terry make the catch. Which is BS because they should always throw the flag and let the team decline it. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

I'd be cool giving JD a photocopy of his current deal.

2 yrs 3 mil is a steal for that guy

I think they see Patterson as his replacement but McKissic is just so much more dynamic.  He was very important last year and is proving to be very important this year as well. I'd go up to $2M-$3M/yr for him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'm hoping you all discussed it when it happened, but how the **** was there not a flag thrown for PI on McLaurin's late touchdown catch?  The officiating this year has just been abyssmal.

My only answer was it turned into a "let's wait and see if he catches it" call.