Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The ATL Birds That Need A Bath Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1375467994_ScreenShot2021-10-03at4_25_38PM.thumb.png.d8354ef598aff9fab283fcbf28b084e4.png

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

to me it's not the defensive personnel, it's the scheme. We need to be more aggressive and come after these QB's. JDR is giving these vets too much credit, if you're gonna give up 4 passing TD's to a guy then you may as well come at him full force. Falcons had a 33% third down conversion rate coming into todays game and we couldn't stop them. JDR is doing something very, very wrong based on this statistic alone. I hope RR calls him out and we get this **** figured out. This team is coached very poorly in my opinion....painfully poor. 

** sarcasm alert**

Oh, be careful talking about Jack Del Rio; he is a "veteran" coach and assistant, revered in this league, even though every single team he's been on sucked dog in his 2nd year and was completely out of coaching before finding his knee pads.

{ ok, the last half of the sentence was truthful }. 

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2021 at 3:37 PM, Florgon79 said:

He did a terrible job. He had a clear shot to tackle the qb and he ran right by him. Is wrapping up not a fundamental part of tackling?

Did you not see Ryan faking a throw? Chase did what was expected, try to knock the ball down. By doing that he wasn’t in the right position for a sack, he hit him in the shoulder. The Atlanta coaches started yapping and after a minute, they threw a flag. They should never be allowed to referee a game again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Did you not see Ryan faking a throw? Chase did what was expected, try to knock the ball down. By doing that he wasn’t in the right position for a sack, he hit him in the shoulder. The Atlanta coaches started yapping and after a minute, they threw a flag. They should never be allowed to referee a game again.

My sentiment has been echoed by many including former football players. I don’t care about the refs. They have and always will suck. What’s true for me is that Chase should’ve wrapped up that old fossil of a QB and he didn’t. I’ve moved on. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

My sentiment has been echoed by many including former football players. I don’t care about the refs. They have and always will suck. What’s true for me is that Chase should’ve wrapped up that old fossil of a QB and he didn’t. I’ve moved on. 

Never understood why people think the referees don’t matter. THEY DO!

I have seen some truly horrible calls made by referee’s AND held up on replay. The replay system of confirming a refs call and not caring if the call is right or wrong matters.

4 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Never understood why people think the referees don’t matter. THEY DO!

I have seen some truly horrible calls made by referee’s AND held up on replay. The replay system of confirming a refs call and not caring if the call is right or wrong matters.

I didn’t say they don’t matter. Please stop misconstruing my words. I don’t care about them messing up calls because it’s clearly beyond my, or the teams control. I used to get upset when they got calls wrong but what’s the point? They make bad calls on both sides of the ball every weekend for every team in the league.

What I do care about and the point I’ve been trying to make is about Chase Young’s decision during that play. That’s what I care about. Our players and their decisions, not the refs. I don’t watch football for the officiating, I watch it to root for the players. Get it? I want Chase Young to do a better job and not give the refs a reason to affect the outcome of the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2021 at 7:02 PM, Riggodrill44 said:

Agreed.  Aaron Donald just hit Russell Wilson in the shoulder much harder than Chase's 'hit' on Ryan and did not get flagged.  

40 minutes ago, FLAIR2000 said:

Agreed.  Aaron Donald just hit Russell Wilson in the shoulder much harder than Chase's 'hit' on Ryan and did not get flagged.  

Except Chase's hand slid and hit Ryan's chin and made him jerk his head back making it look like he was hit in the face instead.