Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

Just now, GOATFrerotte said:

I fell for the hype. Even analysts all summer were talking about how we possibly have the best defense in the nfl. Crazy to be this wrong. But I only have myself to blame to believe in Washington for the hundredth time.

A lot of people here cautioned about the holes we have on D and many just ignored it to ride the hype train thinking our DL could cover a lot more for the rest of the D. And turns out the DL isn’t playing to their potential to begin with so it’s even worse than people feared 

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

The fix is in and I hate how much officiating ****s up games

I believe what I see with my own eyes. I have thought for a while the NFL is trying to control the outcome of these games with calls and no calls from the refs.  How else do you explain no calls on obvious offenses?  Then the most ticky tac stuff gets called out of nowhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You’d think this team would have been aggressive for a backer. I know they drafted Jamin. I’m not talking about him… but literally anyone with a success rate in the NFL would be a significant help for this defense. Instead they roll with Holcomb and Bostic. Amazing 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We need a younger, brighter mind at DC who understands how to combat modern offenses. Rivera found McDermott years ago as an example, he just needs to be able to admit failure with Del Rio and find the next guy.

Honestly they hadn’t worked together before he brought JDR here and JDR doesn’t seem like a particularly likable guy, so it shouldn’t be too hard to cut him loose if this continues, Rivera will need a scapegoat. Don’t we have a young stud DB coach, Harris, that allegedly has league buzz? What’s his deal, how aggressive might he scheme things up.

Its too easy to play us because we don't blitz.  Simple to game plan for a static D.  By not blitzing we don't have the OL a chance to ****up and blown an assignment, runover the non portis back, draw a hold etc.  We are too good up front to need to blitz my ass the game has changed defense is all about pressure and attacking

Just now, Peregrine said:

Well, the game has already been decided by the NFL, shocker.

You have 62-year old part time refs who spend the rest of their weeks letting their paralegals do their jobs at big law firms, and these guys with their old eyes and slow reflexes are supposed to measure the movement of these world-class athletes in motion by eyeballing it live?? The whole system is set up to be absolutely terrible 

• Like 1