Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I hate that Rivera didn’t give Heinicke a chance to win this game…he gave the defense the chance to lose it when they’ve played poorly. 

And this is a defense that had shown that they had absolutely zero answers for the Chargers offense. None. It was a super conservative and stupid call for Rivera to make. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think it’s safe to say that Chase Young is nowhere in the stratosphere of a top pass rusher and it’s very unlikely he ever will be.  He’s healthy, in his second year, and still regularly pushed to the ground rushing the passer.  Reminds me a little bit of Arrington in that regard, great athlete but not a top tier  player.  

And the decision to re-sign Allen I just don’t understand.  Our interior line gets little to no push. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

What scares me the most about this game is how exposed we are on the coaching front.  Just out schemed all day long.  Matchups, matchups, matchups in today's NFL.  What's happening to this defense today is not a lack of talent, it's a scheme that doesn't have any attention to detail or matchups.  It's Joe Barry/LeCharles McDaniel stuff.

Feels like the talent deficit at LB kinda handcuffs Del Rio a little bit.  But your point is fair.

1 minute ago, GoDeep81 said:

Welp.. We've seen teams come out flat in game 1, then turn it around, but Im not seeing the ingredients for such here. Same ol' same ol'.. 

Was just about to post the similar.

Same old story. Same issues remain. 

Very disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1