Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

7 minutes ago, carex said:

I think we signed Jared Norris to the roster rather than just calling him up for the game so 52

Maybe, when it was reported it made it seem like he was just being promoted for that game. Officially he's listed as "Elevated LB Jared Norris from the practice squad" on the transaction ledger, along with all the other players from other teams that got elevated for last week's game. But yet the official roster lists him on the 53, not practice squad. So I'm not sure.

12 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

They must have seen something in Shurmur during the Bengals preseason game else they would have just brought back Montez.

possible they don't want to make a main roster move.  Montez is on the Lions PS.  To get him we'd have to sign him as an active player

• Like 1

I really wish we made a move to get Perryman or Milano. I realize Milano re-upped with Buffalo so that makes sense but Perryman looked pretty decent last night. As did KJ Wright. 

I'd feel much better about our backers with one of them + Jamin + Holcomb + Bostic as a backup.

There just seems to be this stubborn mindset with our backers that I don't understand.

Oh, and my favorite defensive player from the 2020 draft Isaiah Simmons is playing well. He stonewalled Derrick Henry on the goal line Sunday as well. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Gibson could be hurting more than they’re letting on.....

This is an alarming comment....I've looked and don't see anything about Gibson. He ran hard the other night and looked fine. Did you see something that I missed about Gibson? Maybe it's just insurance or doing due diligence on a potential diamond in the rough? Why not bring back Lamar Miller if they think Gibby is dinged? 

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This is an alarming comment....I've looked and don't see anything about Gibson. He ran hard the other night and looked fine. Did you see something that I missed about Gibson? Maybe it's just insurance or doing due diligence on a potential diamond in the rough? Why not bring back Lamar Miller if they think Gibby is dinged? 

Yeah, could just be insurance Incase Gibson’s shoulder starts to give him problems later in the season. 

1 hour ago, petey hodge said:

Is it me or are we starting a unusually large amount of rookies this year?  Almost all of the draft pics have been on the field and playing key roles... even Cheese!

It's all good for our youth movement, but I thought it was odd.

I wouldn't pretend to know if there's wisdom in that approach but one thing is for sure, with practices being turned into limited hitting pillow fights these youngins are going to get tough real quick or get benched, cut or kicked down to the PS.