Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

43 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Here's a list of FA RB's I found.....some big names on this list. 

• Todd Gurley, 27
  • Duke Johnson, 28
  • T.J. Yeldon, 28
  • Dion Lewis, 31
  • Chris Thompson, 31
  • LeSean McCoy, 33
  • Adrian Peterson, 36
  • Frank Gore, 38
  • Alfred Morris, 33
  • Tyler Ervin, 28
  • DeAndre Washington, 28
  • Le’Veon Bell, 29
  • Senorise Perry, 30
  • Kenyon Barner, 32
  • D’Onta Foreman, 25
  • Ito Smith, 26

Todd Gurley is only 27???

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The quote I was referring to was having the best QB in the  division is often enough.

And my point is you can have a top 3 QB in the league and it’s not always enough.  You need the rest of the team.

Brees was awesome.  And he was great for the team snd the city.  

but it takes more than just a QB.

Of course it does. But it's also obvious that the team with the best QB has a huge advantage. We see it every year in the playoffs.  The teams that advance tend to have the better QBs than the teams that go home early.  Personally I think Dallas is the team to beat in the East, I don't think we are nearly as good as most fans believe. I obviously hope I am wrong.  

21 minutes ago, terpfan said:

Todd Gurley is only 27???

Yeah but he's a shell of what he used to be.  RBs just don't have a long shelf life.  Duke Johnson probably has the least amount of wear and tear.  

I like Bowhunter's idea.  I wouldn't mind seeing the WFT go after a fullback who can also catch the ball; to make the offense a little less predictable.  

8 hours ago, Wyvern said:

I think the Jets might want to pick up Milne since he was a favorite receiver of the Jets new QB.

Maybe due to his connection to Wilson, but where would he fit on their 53?  Milne's primarily a slot guy and they already have a lot of guys that can do that.  The Jets problem, or one of their problems, last year was at outside WR because they didn't re-sign Robby Anderson, Mims got injured early and Perriman was bad.  So they went and got Corey Davis this offseason.  I'm sure they'd love Milne on their PS.   

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Agreed, but it came against 2nd stringers.

I know and I saw the tweets too at the time. However, they moved the ball against at least some of the Pats first stringers earlier in that game but he threw a pick in the red zone.   Their offense looked more fluid than our offense did against NE.  But again it was preseason.  And, I do think that game exposed that what Giants fans fear which is their O line failing is seriously in play again this season. 

I saw Daniel Jones as a marginal-bottom rung starter before the draft.  I didn't want him and I was passionate about the point.  I think more highly of him now but just a little higher.  It's not that I like him.  But I see him as sort of 20-25 type QB.  He's marginally better than what i thought he'd be, I compared him to a mobile Keenum caliber wise before that draft -- I think he's slightly better than that.  Yet i still wouldn't want him.  I hope he does just enough this season for the Giants to keep riding the experiment.  I don't love the idea of them shopping for QBs with us at the same time in the off season with them having two first round picks and more additoonal draft change than we do to trade with.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shakazullo21 said:

Any truth to the rumor that we are looking at KJ Wright?  Someone posted a youtube video with cutups of Wright and it says Washington reportedly to sign him immediately.  

Came here to post the exact same thing. That is the only place I’ve read that.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Of course it does. But it's also obvious that the team with the best QB has a huge advantage. We see it every year in the playoffs.  The teams that advance tend to have the better QBs than the teams that go home early.  Personally I think Dallas is the team to beat in the East, I don't think we are nearly as good as most fans believe. I obviously hope I am wrong.  

Yeah Dallas is so scary good 😌.  They’ve even looked horrible in preseason.  People that are fans of this franchise love praising Dallas.  It makes no sense especially when they don’t deserve it.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Came here to post the exact same thing. That is the only place I’ve read that.

I have seen reports that we are interested in him for months now.  But this was like "imminent" but no one else is reporting it.  We need a guy like this our LB's are young and dumb.

If his toe is indeed hurt badly, Casey may be worth an IR stash.  His SPARQ numbers were the highest of any true edge defender at the combine. He won several Community Service awards, the William V Campbell trophy, and was one of the hardest workers at Stanford.  Sounds like a Rivera (me too) type of player.  May be potential there down the road. 

image.thumb.png.e47495d8dd6ef471b274a42af2d9ab1e.png

Edited by Riggo'sRangers

If we were gonna bring in Wright why wait until the season is almost upon us?

We've had no injuries and the coaches have known what they have at linebacker since the draft ended.

If they thought an upgrade was needed they should have done it 5 months ago so Wright could get acclimated. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Yeah Dallas is so scary good 😌.  They’ve even looked horrible in preseason.  People that are fans of this franchise love praising Dallas.  It makes no sense especially when they don’t deserve it.

I don’t think anyone loves it, and yes they are usually overhyped despite not making deep playoffs runs. But they’ve been consistently more successful than us for literally decades, with higher highs, higher lows, and more star blue chip franchise players especially at QB. It’s not confusing why people give them more credit than they deserve.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

If we were gonna bring in Wright why wait until the season is almost upon us?

We've had no injuries and the coaches have known what they have at linebacker since the draft ended.

If they thought an upgrade was needed they should have done it 5 months ago so Wright could get acclimated. 

I agree totally, but I would still like it.  He is the only "Top 100" player left unsigned.  He would help us, even if down the road a bit. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Yeah but he's a shell of what he used to be.  RBs just don't have a long shelf life.  Duke Johnson probably has the least amount of wear and tear.  

I like Bowhunter's idea.  I wouldn't mind seeing the WFT go after a fullback who can also catch the ball; to make the offense a little less predictable.  

Duke johnson is a poor man’s mckissic. we’re looking for a backup to AG, this is not the guy for the job.

Agree about gurley, the guy has proven to be the furthest thing from durable. I feel for the guy, he was looking like something special.

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don’t think anyone loves it, and yes they are usually overhyped despite not making deep playoffs runs. But they’ve been consistently more successful than us for literally decades, with higher highs, lower lows, and more star blue chip franchise players especially at QB. It’s not confusing why people give them more credit than they deserve.

Yeah but ZERO name changes.  ZERO.  Do you hear me?!  ZERO

• Haha 7

The KJ Wright thing is interesting. I’m guessing he was holding out waiting for an injury to get more money. If we’re willing to give him what he wants because our current LB situation is so concerning… I could see it happening. Would feel a lot more confident with Wright, Holcomb and Davis in base, with Bostic as a backup to all positions. 

Also the problem with Gurley at this point isn’t even durability, it’s that he’s got arthritis in his knees and can’t play anymore. Sad story, but at least he got paid before his body betrayed him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

What’s impressive is our Sam Cosmi is the only starter of that group of four and has consistently faced off with other teams’ starters. Patriots and Packers depth charts have Newman and Stevenson listed as 3rd stringers and Carolina has Marshal as a 2nd stringer. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

Monday morning Debbie downer here. We won the division at 7-9. It’s a bit much for some here to dismiss the other teams like we’re the obvious top dogs. We’re not.

the way I see it, each time is .500ish, so this will be a fun division race. 

eagles are a crapshoot, giants get saquan back, cowboys get dak back, bolstered the D and brought in a really good DC. 

we can win the division, but it’s imperative that Turner be MUCH better. Absolutely hated him last year, but he gets a pass because he had awful qbs to work with. 

• Like 4

If Apke makes the team as a ST player I pray he doesn't ever have to see the field as a DB. After his performance in that last preseason game he will be picked on mercilessly.

KJ Wright would be an improvement imo but I agree the timing would be very odd.  I think the last game tape could have pushed the matter?

• Thanks 1