Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

3 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Carolina had what I'm expecting to be a pretty good draft.  I can see them being attractive to QB's destination wise.

Marshall looks the part. Robby Anderson just cracks me up man. Just kinda looks a little out there. I thinks it’s the sideshow bob hair cut lol.  But the dude continues to impress and just earned a nice extension. Too bad they sank their hopes on ship Darnold. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nerm said:

Not for nothing, but Dallas had finished with a record better than last year's NFC East champion WFT, four straight years before Dak was injured.  He is 7-1 against the reigning NFC East champs, and has a winning record against every other team in the division as well.  My guess is they will be talking about Dak's health if Dallas loses again.

**** the Cowboys.  I don’t worship or fear them.  And I don’t brag about their record when I’m a fan of their division rival.  I don’t like Dak either.  Sounds to me like you should switch teams.

4 hours ago, wit33 said:

Eeek… Bmitch and Finlay!? No go for me, but obviously that’s opinion. Don’t gain much information or knowledge from them.

Well your guy Sheehan doesn’t sound like he can nail down an opinion on much of anything from what I’m reading.  I won’t be listening to him.

Edited by Vanguard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nerm said:

Not for nothing, but Dallas had finished with a record better than last year's NFC East champion WFT, four straight years before Dak was injured.  He is 7-1 against the reigning NFC East champs, and has a winning record against every other team in the division as well.  My guess is they will be talking about Dak's health if Dallas loses again.

I guess you forget who started most of WFT games last year at QB..Haskins was rated as one of the worst QB's last year, and if WFT had just a middle of the pack QB they would of easily finished with a winning record..Your in for a rude awakening just like other Cowboys fans if you think your Offense is gonna march up and down the field on WFT's Defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

**** the Cowboys.  I don’t worship or fear them.  And I don’t brag about their record when I’m a fan of their division rival.  I don’t like Dak either.  Sounds to me like you should switch teams.

Well your guy Sheehan doesn’t sound like he can nail down an opinion on much of anything from what I’m reading.  I won’t be listening to him.

Haha… I listen to Bmitch and Findlay from time to time.  I’m not into player or coach interviews, which seems to be a big draw for those two. I’m actually veering away a bit more from Sheehan over the last many months. Bordering on being a free agent. I was drawn originally because of Cooley.

Edited by wit33

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Haha… I listen to Bmitch and Findlay from time to time.  I’m not into player interviews or coach interviews, which seems to be a big draw for those two. I’m actually veering away a bit more from Sheehan over the last many months. Bordering on being a free agent. I was drawn originally because of Cooley.

Galdi is still my favorite.  I listen every morning on my way to work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

I think Dallas is a mediocre team at best, though I can't switch teams, as I am already locked to the Cowboys.  I think Dallas has a less than 50% chance of winning  the NFC East, but I would not pick any other team in the East to be favorites over them.  If Dak is not OK, they are longshots.  If Dak is OK, they have the best QB in the division, and that is usually enough.  

I do not think Dallas should be feared or worshipped.  They are not even a good team.  But, I have to throw out some support for them when they are dismissed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

More like scat.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This kind of jazz ?

ba tss GIF

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just in case there's someone who didn't hear the story behind moondog's reference...

https://www.nfl.com/news/dwayne-haskins-performs-like-a-jazz-player-in-bid-to-earn-steelers-no-2-qb-job

Lol thank you MD, I should have put that in my original post, I just assumed most had already seen that and enjoyed the hell out of it like I did. Pretty telling what Tomlin really thinks of him when he’s not even playing Rudolph in this game. 

And after that jazz game I saw a couple articles talking about him replacing Rudolph as Ben’s backup and how they may have found their QB of the future as he fits perfectly into Pittsburgh’s system and has been doing all the right things, great attitude and work ethic, blah blah blah. Snap, back to reality lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Some people choose strange hills to die on. There are/were reputable posters on this forum who still believe in Dewey Haskins too.

I was a big Haskins supporter. Liked him coming out, was pleased we drafted him. I thought after the last two games of his rookie year when he played well that he had a real chance if he continued that progress. I always acknowledged though that there was more chance he would not make it than that he would. 

it was clear that he did not progress, in fact he went backwards. I was not sorry when we cut bait. You see the same footwork and mechanical issues now with the Steelers you saw here and some of his comments in interviews suggest he’s still got a lot of growing up to do. He’s someone else’s problem now.

• Like 10
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Some people choose strange hills to die on. There are/were reputable posters on this forum who still believe in Dewey Haskins too.

Ummm.....who here still believes in haskins? If you can find me one person here who believes in him, I’ll buy you a beer 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I don’t exactly disagree with you here, but Keim has been pretty adamant that Barber is making the team, and people have been making the argument that he fills a niche the other backs don’t/can’t… so it would be a surprise in that sense.  Not nearly as big a surprise as cutting Peterson for example though, so I get where you’re coming from.  Everett is a ST ace, was our next man up at FS last year, so I think a lot of people would be pretty surprised.  Maybe we should differentiate between ‘surprise’ and ‘shock’?

Keim is just one guy though, one who has no actual say in making the roster. I wouldn't take his word as gospel either, I mean he's been wrong before despite a solid track record. The Athletic had a pretty decent breakdown on Friday. They figured around 21 guys are fighting for the last 8 spots. It felt most of the rest of the roster was pretty locked in. It didn't go so far as to call the other 45 guys "locks". There's a few guys they admit could get cut, like Cam Sims, David Mayo, or even Jimmy Moreland. But that would be a surprise. The main point in bringing this up is that neither Barber or Everett is in those 45 safe spots. They're squarely on the bubble fighting for one the last 8 spots. And that's pretty much where they've always been. They're clearly in contention for being cut, even if they don't ultimately see the Turk. But both have been on the roster bubble throughout. I still maintain cutting someone like that is not a "surprise" or a "shock", but just normal.

Another factor to consider in constructing the roster is potentially trying to stash players on IR. They have to make the 53 first to be activated later in the season. But what about stashing a guy like Casey Toohill there? A way to create a temporary extra roster space is to cut from a weak position, say LB or RB. Barber doesn't have to clear waivers, so he could be one those guys that's cut and later brought back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

She took over day to day operations, for the time being. this shouldn’t be a surprise. 

Guess it is to me as I haven't kept up with the goings on of the ownership situation.  

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

this pains me some, Marshall was one of my favs, and when Shi Smith started dropping in the draft I wanted him, too.  But I do like our depth at WR.  

Unfortunately for them, they seem to actually believe in Darnold. 😵😵

13 hours ago, Vanguard said:

^^This. Totally. The only reason they’ve seemed to be a good team is playing in the NFC Least. To make matters worse for them, they’re being coached by McCarthy. He’s not awful but with a QB like Rogers, he should probably have three rings instead of one. The CowTurds have a fairly talented roster but not enough to overcome McCarthy like Rogers did. ...and yes, Dak is an Uncle Ruckus house negro. Rivalry is one thing but being a sellout makes me really, really dislike him. My hatred of the Turds never waned and he’s taken it to new heights. 

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1