Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

Can I just say that even though 99.9% of these updates are from twitter and twitter was still available even though ES was not, I prefer getting my WFT updates FAAAAR more on here than doing the work and searching for them myself on twitter lol...Kudos to SIP for putting in all the necessary leg work so I can remain lazy yet informed, and to Wildbunny for keeping the news articles flowing in Bubba and Hap's Redskins Breaking News forum.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The second year for Gibson and Thomas is going to be huge. Our offense could really be special this year.

NFL game pass does occasional interviews with players who describe what they do and why they do it at their position.  And for some of these guys you can tell after watching those segments why they are great players.  Doug Baldwin for example was amazing when he did a segment.  He described in such detail how he does his releases, make sharp breaks, reads defenders on and on.  It's no shocker to me that he's now ironically training McLaurin this off season.   Baldwin came off as a technician, smart and thoughtful to the extent that his success made even more sense to me after watching game pass.

Logan Thomas in the interviews I've heard from him gives off a similar vibe.  Really erudite guy who can get into nuances of what he's trying to do and comes off like a sponge who keeps studying other TE's to take his game up a notch.  He comes off super classy, too.   Like all of us here, I've listened to hundreds of player interviews over the years and i'd say Thomas is up there as one of the more impressive ones.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if he climbs another peg higher this season.  He's a good athlete and he's smart. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

NFL game pass does occasional interviews with players who describe what they do and why they do it at their position.  And for some of these guys you can tell after watching those segments why they are great players.  Doug Baldwin for example was amazing when he did a segment.  He described in such detail how he does his releases, make sharp breaks, reads defenders on and on.  It's no shocker to me that he's now ironically training McLaurin this off season.   Baldwin came off as just as technician, smart and thoughtful that his success made even more sense to me after watching game pass.

Logan Thomas in the interviews I've heard from him gives off a similar vibe.  Really erudite guy who can get into nuances of what he's trying to do and comes off like a sponge who keeps studying other TE's to take his game up a notch.  He comes off super classy, too.   Like all of us here, I've listened to hundreds of player interviews over the years and i'd say Thomas is up there as one of the more impressive ones.  I wouldn't be suprised at all if he climbs another peg higher this season.  He's a good athlete and he's smart. 

That's great to hear. I love that so many of our players are into their craft so deeply. Everyone seems to just "want it". I can't remember the last time I really thought we were going to be a special team as much as I do now. 91 maybe? It's really exciting.

So nice to see us lacing up cleats, instead of flopping around in clown shoes.

From Haynesworth to Payne, we've completely turned this around.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Really erudite guy who can get into nuances of what he's trying to do and comes off like a sponge who keeps studying other TE's to take his game up a notch

That is the kind of guy you want our new untrained resident Monster TE hanging around

• Like 4

3) Washington Football Team

The Washington Football Team will return four of their five starters in 2021. The only change is the addition of Charles Leno Jr., who replaces Morgan Moses. Leno has an opportunity to be an upgrade on Moses, which would make this an impressive line all the way across.

At right tackle, Cornelius Lucas was impressive last season. He had just 8 blown blocks in over 500 snaps and was credited with just 2 sacks. In fact, the entire remainder of the line had a blown block rate below 2%. The quality of Brandon Scherff is well-known, while Chase Roullier has become one of the best centers in the league. Furthermore, Wes Schweitzer impressed in his first season in Washington, with just 16 blown blocks on 931 snaps.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Can I just say that even though 99.9% of these updates are from twitter and twitter was still available even though ES was not, I prefer getting my WFT updates FAAAAR more on here than doing the work and searching for them myself on twitter lol...Kudos to SIP for putting in al the necessary leg work so I can remain lazy yet informed, and to Wildbunny for keeping the news articles flowing in Bubba an Hap's Redskins Breaking News forum.

What's twitter?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, dyst said:

Thumbs down to the both of you

He didn't do anything special here, it was more so me posting to get the laughs lol

Also the huge fact that while Ron was in carolina he took him off his board due to his off the field issues, there is no way in hell that he comes back.

Edited by ZarG3
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

He didn't do anything special here, it was more so me posting to get the laughs lol

Also the huge fact that while Ron was in carolina he took him off his board due to his off the field issues, there is no way in hell that he comes back.

I think everybody is kidding about bringing him back. I’m any case, he probably hurt his knee walking into court. 

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Such a sad story. We were all so excited about the kid and had no idea about the negative parts of his past. At least not the DV stuff. He had a lot going against him and seemed to be fighting the good good. Thought he was an uplifting story.

I was really big on him in college.  He was super friendly in camp with fans.  Sadly, clearly he has/had issues.  Interesting that Carolina didn't even have him on their board according to Keim because of character concerns.  And I heard it wasn't just them.  So obviously teams were aware to an extent of Guice's issues in college.  Apparently, that didn't matter to our FO at the time.    

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Apparently, that didn't matter to our FO at the time.    

Bruce Allen with his finger on the "Draft" key, while being constantly 8 Coors Lights deep, probably didn't help.

Draft Room Dude: "Sir, we scouted this kid, and we really found concerning...."

Devil Allen: "aaannndd DRAFTED"

• Haha 5

We might have the top D in terms of talent this year but im not expecting it on the stat sheet or at least in total yards/points. 

I expect our offense to actually put up points this year which will change the gameflow a bit.

We should be a top unit in terms big plays though. (Fumbles/Ints/Sacks/Etc) 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mooka said:

We might have the top D in terms of talent this year but im not expecting it on the stat sheet or at least in total yards/points. 

I expect our offense to actually put up points this year which will change the gameflow a bit.

We should be a top unit in terms big plays though. (Fumbles/Ints/Sacks/Etc) 

Lots a good QBs on the schedule. Unlikely to dominate consistently.... but you’re right, they’ll just make key/big plays. 

Just win.

• Like 4