Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

24 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Please...no...football already had a juice...and that didn't go well....

Don't you dare trash Naked Gun

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Agreed, that would be cool to see. Although can’t washington volunteer to be on hard knocks? Has the team for hard knocks been announced yet? 

We'd be the perfect team. Between Young and Fitz and Allen and Collins and that 92 we'd be a lot of fun.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Don't you dare trash Naked Gun

We'd be the perfect team. Between Young and Fitz and Allen and Collins and that 92 we'd be a lot of fun.

Not trashing that cinematic masterpiece...love those movies...

• Like 2

@Skinsinparadise I think we are on the same page as far as approach to wr.  I think we keep 6, and I also hope both Harmon and milne get a shot.  It might have to be the good ole "hey dax, I see your knee is really bothering you wink wink" and we IR / redshirt him for this year, thereby giving another young guy a shot.  Considering we are rich with speed w terry/CS/Dyami, id like Harmon to be given a shot as a big body / possession wr / red zone threat.  AGG may be the odd man out, and guys like Isaiah wright may get cut while being worthy of an NFL job, but having to cut quality/potential due to good depth is a great problem to have.  I personally am not losing any sleep if we part ways with Steve sims.

I'd like to see this as our wr unit:

Terry

CS

Humphries

Dyami

Cam sims (after reading the love from coaching staff this week)

Harmon

Milne on IR

I feel that's a good mix of slot and outside guys, speed and possession wrs, and they are all young and ascending players, with the exception of AH, who is great in the slot and has a rapport with Fitz so I'd keep him.  But if they went strictly for the long term vision and wanted to give AGG or wright a shot (knowing we have Gibson and mckissic who also contribute in the slot), I'm good with that too.

If another wr is working his tail off and earns a spot, and the coaching staff feel theyve earned it, I'm sure I'll buy into it too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing I'd add is he was putting up absolutely ridiculous numbers.  As late as after the Thanksgiving game he was among the top receivers in multiple categories.   He ended up with two high ankle sprains which contributed to a major decline towards the end of the season.  Also Alex is a really good game manager but isn't known for helping receivers put up big numbers.  If he stays healthy IMO the sky is the limit for this dude this season.  Will see.  

Is your argument he’s already elite? 

5 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Is your argument he’s already elite? 

I've made my argument pretty clear when the debate happened a few days back.  Not elite but he's a dude on the verge. 

My main argument was disagreeing with the thesis made here (from what I recall you agreed with that thesis) that WFT fans overrate Terry and he's not as good as we think he is.  

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with Sweat's hesitancy. But like some other's said, his explanation doesn't really make sense. If i recall correctly, the reason Sweat was available at the end of the first round was because of an apparent existing heart issue. I don't remember whether the heart thing was inaccurate or if it was just determined it wouldn't affect him. if he does have something, no matter how small, i can't blame him for being cautious

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mojo said:

Montez should have just kept his mouth shut. Now he’s going to be a media target even though just under half the team agree with him, he just expressed it poorly.

He will learn and it will blow over. I dont think hes the type to come out next week like YEA AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN

Montez also has another thing that will help it be forgotten: He plays good. Good players can get away with killing other people. Montez will easily get away with being a dumbass as long as he keeps his mouth shut from now on.

45 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

LOL!...🤣

It's not fierce enough, though...looks like the family pet who's staring at a bug in the corner lol.

I'm telling you, team plush toys. Opening day with the new name, hand out stuffed animals to the kids that come to the game. Fans for life.

Heck, Clifford the Big Redwolf Dog will be free advertising.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Montez also has another thing that will help it be forgotten: He plays good. Good players can get away with killing other people. Montez will easily get away with being a dumbass as long as he keeps his mouth shut from now on.

Or unless he tests positive and ends up passing it to other players on the team and they have to be quarantined for a week or however long it is. Being a really good but really stupid player gets negated when your stupidity keeps you (and others) off the field.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mojo said:

Montez should have just kept his mouth shut. Now he’s going to be a media target even though just under half the team agree with him, he just expressed it poorly.

No, he expressed it clearly.  He doesn't understand the concept of a vaccine.  The only other quote I saw from another player on the team mentioned talking to the expert helped.

That doesn't sound like agreement for the un-vaccinated.  Just under half the team hasn't gotten a vaccine yet, of the 2 quoted players out of 40(ish)...1 said they didn't understand the concept, the other implied it was helpful.  That's not enough to extrapolate anything from the 40 or so players that don't have it yet.  If we do though, that leaves 20 who don't understand what a vaccine does, and 20 who might be shifting towards getting a vaccine.

22 minutes ago, BALLz said:

I don't have a problem with Sweat's hesitancy. But like some other's said, his explanation doesn't really make sense. If i recall correctly, the reason Sweat was available at the end of the first round was because of an apparent existing heart issue. I don't remember whether the heart thing was inaccurate or if it was just determined it wouldn't affect him. if he does have something, no matter how small, i can't blame him for being cautious

I feel like you're giving him a bit too much credit here. I think this sort of nonsense probably has much more to do with reading stupid crap about vaccines on twitter and elsewhere and less to do with a player saying "Hm, I have this specific condition and I need to talk to doctors to see if the COVID vaccine poses a risk."

If that were the case he would have probably said that. Instead he just sort of incoherently rambled about not being a "fan" and not being sure if he'll get the vaccine, since he's never had COVID (that's not how vaccines work).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

No, he expressed it clearly.  He doesn't understand the concept of a vaccine.  The only other quote I saw from another player on the team mentioned talking to the expert helped.

That doesn't sound like agreement for the un-vaccinated.  Just under half the team hasn't gotten a vaccine yet, of the 2 quoted players out of 40(ish)...1 said they didn't understand the concept, the other implied it was helpful.  That's not enough to extrapolate anything from the 40 or so players that don't have it yet.  If we do though, that leaves 20 who don't understand what a vaccine does, and 20 who might be shifting towards getting a vaccine.

I feel like our PR team should make sure these vaccine discussions remain private.  People's opinions on the vaccine and whether they choose to get it or not shouldn't have to be aired for public examination. Players should have a company line when the media asks vaccine related questions to protect the players from extra unnecessary criticism and scrutiny.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

This vaccine ignorance just makes me angry.  How ironic that Columbus gets a day named after him for running into an immovable object and helping transport smallpox to the Americas in the bargain. But Edward Jenner,... who's he?  We really do a piss-poor job of educating kids!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I feel like our PR team should make sure these vaccine discussions remain private.  People's opinions on the vaccine and whether they choose to get it or not shouldn't have to be aired for public examination. Players should have a company line when the media asks vaccine related questions to protect the players from extra unnecessary criticism and scrutiny.

Off topic, but did you catch Gerritt Cole's response to media questions about illegal stuff on baseballs?  Ouch.  Like zero media prep.

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So what..I haven't gotten vaccinated either..most likely had covid continued to smoke and work...never got a flu shot why start now...sheesh some people 

None of us care if you and all of the people around you miss 2 weeks of work. 

All of us care if Montez Sweat and a bunch of his teammates miss 2 weeks of work. 

And look at Myles Garrett. COVID may have derailed a DPOY type season. Missed time and said he was not the same even after he was cleared to come back. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

This vaccine ignorance just makes me angry.  How ironic that Columbus gets a day named after him for running into an immovable object and helping transport smallpox to the Americas in the bargain. But Edward Jenner,... who's he?  We really do a piss-poor job of educating kids!

Don't you mean Katlyn? He changed genders, remember?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1