Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Colt Brennan

Spaceman Spiff

2 hours ago, Lovi said:

Oh no!  That's such terrible news.  RIP.  On the other hand is the Cult of Colt going to become a Necromancy group now?

Not condemning you but the Cult of Colt hasn't been a thing since forever, so you're really stretching for the joke.  And when you're stretching over someone's dead body to make the joke, perhaps it would have been best to keep it to yourself.

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

Anyone know what happened?  Very sad to hear.  I was never in the cult but that will live forever here on ES.

It's sad.  He was living in a rehab center.

https://www.kxan.com/sports/prolific-hawaii-quarterback-colt-brennan-dead-at-37-after-battle-with-alcohol-abuse/

Prolific Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan dead at 37 after battle with alcohol abuse

HONOLULU (AP) — Colt Brennan, a star quarterback at the University of Hawaii who finished third in the 2007 Heisman Trophy balloting, died early Tuesday, his father said. He was 37.

Brennan, who has had public struggles with alcohol, died at a hospital in California, his father, Terry Brennan, told The Associated Press.

“He just spent one too many times on the dark side of life, and it caught up with him,” Terry Brennan said of his son.

I'm not sure the Cult of Colt started as a joke. We really believed in it at first I think, even if it ended up like a joke.

Anyway, that was a shock to read about this and felt sad for the guy that got us excited years ago and his whole family.

RIP Colt and Thanks for the memories.

Ah the Cult of Colt.

At the height of Cult mania, I was at a party with my GF at the time at JMU with a bunch of her girlfriends. One of my boys hit me up that he was at a party with Colt Brennan. I ditched the GF and joined some other friends to head that way. My GF was very much confused by why I’d ditch her to go try and meet random guy who played football. She didn’t stay my GF much longer. 

Ended up playing pong with him though. Really nice guy. Legit thought I was playing with the potential future QB. Must have been 2009/2010 timeframe. Sad following his story over the years. 

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I'm not sure the Cult of Colt started as a joke. We really believed in it at first I think, even if it ended up like a joke.

Anyway, that was a shock to read about this and felt sad for the guy that got us excited years ago and his whole family.

RIP Colt and Thanks for the memories.

When Colt was drafted he also brought his dedicated followers here to ES. One of the follower is still my friend on Facebook. Anyway, too many threads were being started on Colt. TK created one single thread to contain the cult following. 

Archived