Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Colt Brennan

Spaceman Spiff

2 hours ago, zskins said:

When Colt was drafted he also brought his dedicated followers here to ES. One of the follower is still my friend on Facebook. Anyway, too many threads were being started on Colt. TK created one single thread to contain the cult following. 

Yeah there was an element of the cult like we had with griffin - the college fans showed up one day and wanted to show us how smart they are

3 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Addiction is the worst. I have lived it first hand through the deaths, long ago, of my parents (both) due to it. It never stops or relents.  RIP Colt. 

Sorry to read that.  Very traumatic history.  Also was surprised about Colt's OD.  Hard to handle for the family left behind.  It takes a long time to grieve deep and honest.  Best wishes and sympathy for all in this space.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

Not condemning you but the Cult of Colt hasn't been a thing since forever, so you're really stretching for the joke.  And when you're stretching over someone's dead body to make the joke, perhaps it would have been best to keep it to yourself.

I didn't mean for it to be in bad taste, but I can see how it came across wrong.  You are right.  I loved the guy and was genuinely saddened by his passing.  Apologies to anyone this offended as it was not intended to come across that way.  

• Like 3

Colt was the quintessential embodiment of the intangible known as moxie.  Not to be confused with the more austere and steadfast intangibles, moxie has a magical, almost fairy-like quality to it.  It can appear miraculous at times and bewitch and dazzle its viewers but can also disappear in a flash leaving a cloud of smoke.   A double edged sword if there ever was one, but impressive nonetheless. I was lucky enough to be dazzled by Colt once before and it was a wonderful ride.   RIP Colt. 

• Like 2

I was a believer, and in some way, I'm still surprised Chase Daniel made a career as a backup while Colt disappeared.

The articles I read said that his struggle with addiction came on the hardest after a car accident. He himself said he was changed. RIP Colt, you had a fan in me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

I was a believer, and in some way, I'm still surprised Chase Daniel made a career as a backup while Colt disappeared.

I hated Shanny Jr. for cutting Colt and trading for Beck with the Ravens instead. That was really stupid trade and ended Colt's career. I really liked Colt as well and wanted to see what he could do but his football life was cut short as well. :(

5 hours ago, zskins said:

I hated Shanny Jr. for cutting Colt and trading for Beck with the Ravens instead. That was really stupid trade and ended Colt's career.

He went on to the Raiders, and was cut by them as well. And in fact, didn't latch on anywhere else after that.

Are you suggesting that us cutting him, led to his failure to hang on with the Raiders or anyone else, as well ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He went on to the Raiders, and was cut by them as well. And in fact, didn't latch on anywhere else after that.

Are you suggesting that us cutting him, led to his failure to hang on with the Raiders or anyone else, as well ?

Nope. Just saying he could have been better than Beck if given the chance. Totally forgot about the Raiders but the Raiders back then were a mess anyways. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NickyJ said:

The articles I read said that his struggle with addiction came on the hardest after a car accident. He himself said he was changed. RIP Colt, you had a fan in me.

From what I've read things really went downhill after he was in that major car accident. May have been traumatic brain injury.