Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jaret Patterson, RB Buffalo

zCommander

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of potential.  Im really excited about Patterson.  A possible beautiful mix of MJD and Sproles.  A shifty player who can frustrate defenses across the league while becoming an un-drafted fan favorite.  I have high hopes for him playing game one.

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Morneblade said:

I honestly would like to see him in pass pro. If he could handle it, then I'd be looking at giving him a expanded role.

Honestly, don't you think he'd be pushed back, at the very least, if he tried to pass block ?

Not being mean, it just doesn't seem like a good fit for a role, for him.

But I would be interested in hearing your logic behind it.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Honestly, don't you think he'd be pushed back, at the very least, if he tried to pass block ?

Not being mean, it just doesn't seem like a good fit for a role, for him.

But I would be interested in hearing your logic behind it.

I don't know. Which is why I would like to see if he could do it or not. He has a low center of gravity, and looks to be pretty powerful. Those are advantages for him, because he's always going to win the leverage battle. But I don't know if he can, which is why I would like to see him put in that position. As to what I'm getting at.......

He looks good out of the backfield as a receiver. If he can be trusted to do that, and if need be stay in and block on a blitz, I'd say he's more valuable than McKissic. Because McKissic can't do that. And he gets the roster spot without using RB 4 spots to keep him on the 53.

Edited by Morneblade
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I don't know. Which is why I would like to see if he could do it or not. He has a low center of gravity, and looks to be pretty powerful. Those are advantages for him, because he's always going to win the leverage battle.

Unless defensive players adapted by doing the LaVar Leap over him ;)

14 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Keim loved making us squirm with his overconfident stance about barber making the team. 

I for one am disappointed we no longer have a running back on the roster with a 2.7 YPC average.

To replace Barber's production, I heard we are going to start handing off to Ereck Flowers in short yardage situations.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I for one am disappointed we no longer have a running back on the roster with a 2.7 YPC average.

To replace Barber's production, I heard we are going to start handing off to Ereck Flowers in short yardage situations.

I actually wonder why nobody tries to use an athletic DE as a short yardage Rb. 

The Bears used to use Refrigerator Perry as a goal line back at times and they had **** Sweetness as a RB, who could get you a yard no matter what.  

I mean, I wouldn’t do it all the time, but I bet Chase Young, Sweat or Allen could learn how to be a short yardage back in spot duty.