Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jaret Patterson, RB Buffalo

zCommander

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Any word on Patterson lately.....kinda rooting for him.

Looked good in OTA's.  Catches the ball better than they envisioned. Coaches high on him.  All signs pointing up. Next TC, pads, and preseason. If his trajectory continues he will be a lock. Not going (better not-see Zaven Collins) to hear much until TC. 

"Jordan said Patterson has an ability to make his team better because he's able to make runs and see things before they even happen."

Edited by Riggo'sRangers

Patterson making this team is contingent on Gibson being looked at as the sole short yardage back, Patterson replacing Barber in that situation.  Or Patterson replaces McKissic, which I cannot imagine is a possibility because JD balled out last year. 

edit: or they keep 4 RBs, which I guess can happen because of Gibson and Mckissic's position flex.  (lol) 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Patterson making this team is contingent on Gibson being looked at as the sole short yardage back, Patterson replacing Barber in that situation.  Or Patterson replaces McKissic, which I cannot imagine is a possibility because JD balled out last year. 

I think you are right. Patterson beats out Barber. JMO

I think Samuel is the 4th RB due to position flex.

Edited by mudhog
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Hope that Patterson will start. Think he would be really great. If given the chance.

Start?? Patterson is a good story and seems to have some potential to be an UDFA steal that can actually contribute. But let’s set our expectations in the realm of reality lol. Antonio Gibson is the starter. If he’s injured, sure, any RB could get the start just like many backup situations in the league. But he’s not gonna beat out Gibson to be the starter.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

He will be fun to watch in preseason(probably going to get the most reps), and its great to have fresh legs at RB given the violence of the position, but I don't see him making the roster. Good bet for PS tho and the eventual chance to get a few reps later in the year when our back get nicked up.

21 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

One of the coaches recently said they're penciling in only 3 RB's on the roster.  So both Patterson and Barber/Miller can't make the team.

Thanks.

I still say he's making the team. 

I haven't seen how Barber looks this year, but younger and faster is what we're seeing. Need the cap space for re-signing the core. 

• Like 1

Patterson makes the team.  Gibson and Samuel will do double duty (RB/WR and WR/RB respectively).  I don't see us having a guy who's just a short yardage back because there are only so many players we can have on the team.  Either Phatterson (heh) is the SYB or we find someone else who's already on the team to do it.  He just has to be able to take a hand-off, put a hurt on anyone in the way, and hold on to the ball.  Sans injury concerns, i'd give it to CY.  He may have the strongest mind-over-matter in the NFL.  Or, if he makes the team, the Chilean relleno.  You know he wants to hurt someone (but he might be too tall for the role).  Or S'iq Chuck if he doesn't start.  He's a former soccer goalie and he's got good feet.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 2:16 PM, GothSkinsFan said:

Patterson makes the team.  Gibson and Samuel will do double duty (RB/WR and WR/RB respectively).  I don't see us having a guy who's just a short yardage back because there are only so many players we can have on the team.  Either Phatterson (heh) is the SYB or we find someone else who's already on the team to do it.  He just has to be able to take a hand-off, put a hurt on anyone in the way, and hold on to the ball.  Sans injury concerns, i'd give it to CY.  He may have the strongest mind-over-matter in the NFL.  Or, if he makes the team, the Chilean relleno.  You know he wants to hurt someone (but he might be too tall for the role).  Or S'iq Chuck if he doesn't start.  He's a former soccer goalie and he's got good feet.

Totally agree that Phatterson makes the team. I like the idea of Sammis Reyes playing the TE/Caveman role of the former great Mike Sellers. He's got the body to bulk up like that.  Most folks forget that Sellers started with the team as a TE for years before moving to FB.

Phatterson is 2 inches shorter than Almo was, and 20lb lighter. But I think he's a much more polished back than Almo was in his first few years, and look what he did as a rookie. Over 1600 yards and 13 TDs. I think the sky is the limit for Jarret. 

If we ever have to cannibalize a lineman to run up the gut for short yardage, I want to see Sam Cosmi. That would be a true highlight!

I wouldn't be surprised if Patterson ends up on the PS. I think we can be almost positive that Gibson and McKissic will be 1 and 2. That would then leave the #3 spot to one of Barber/Patterson/Miller.

I hope Patterson makes the team, but remember how much this staff have praised Barber. To me it's pretty inexplicable, but it is what it is.

23 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Around the league is it more common to keep 3 or 4 RB's on the roster??

Last year we kept 4, but one of them was Bryce Love who the team had to know was in no physical condition to contribute in the short term. He was inactive on gameday for 3 weeks and then shut down on IR. We were pretty much running w/ 3 guys with the hope Love would get healthy enough to be the 4th in the event of someone else injury.

We would bring guys in (like Miller) to get us back to 4, but they would be inactive on gameday. I'd say this staff has basically shown it likes to carry 4, but it can be comfortable with only 3.

The wild card here is Curtis Samuel.

With him and Thomas able to get some reps in the run game, that 4th back gets really redundant.

Across a whole season, especially a longer one, you will need additional bodies for quick 1 week turnarounds in the event of injury, but that does not necessarily need a roster spot committed to it when you have Gibby, McK, Barber and can rotate Samuel and Thomas thru as well.

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, dyst said:

Man I remember Starter jackets and how “cool” they were to have as a kid back in the 80s/90s.

Still have mine. Got as a gift for being in my buddies wedding. It's a bit snug but I can still squeeze in it...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dyst said:

Man I remember Starter jackets and how “cool” they were to have as a kid back in the 80s/90s.

Yeah, except that picture is like 2005

Bet ya feel even older now huh!

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1