Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jaret Patterson, RB Buffalo

zCommander

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah count me among those who never really got the whole Barber thing.

Why not just have one of our OL grab Patterson and throw him over the pile on short yardage situations? Even that would have better YPC than Barber did.

I mean really in a goal line situation, line up with Patterson as a direct snap, with two big guys next to him. Snap, they grab and lift him and heave ho him while he simultaneously jumps off their hands. I would like to see this done at least once. 

Get Daron Payne and Matty I to throw him

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I mean really in a goal line situation, line up with Patterson as a direct snap, with two big guys next to him. Snap, they grab and lift him and heave ho him while he simultaneously jumps off their hands. I would like to see this done at least once. 

Get Daron Payne and Matty I to throw him

Call Scott Turner immediately, this is genius.

SECTION 13 - FORWARD PROGRESS

ARTICLE 1. FORWARD PROGRESS

The Forward Progress of a runner or airborne receiver is the point at which his advance toward his opponent’s goal ends and is the spot at which the ball is declared dead by rule, irrespective of the runner or receiver being pushed or carried backward by an opponent.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2021-nfl-rulebook/

I'm not seeing anything here saying forward progress can't happen from being thrown/carried by teammates.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Call Scott Turner immediately, this is genius.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2021-nfl-rulebook/

I'm not seeing anything here saying forward progress can't happen from being thrown/carried by teammates.

Rule 12, Article 4 covers this:

ARTICLE 4. ASSISTING THE RUNNER AND INTERLOCKING INTERFERENCE

No offensive player may:

1. pull a runner in any direction at any time;
  2. use interlocking interference, by grasping a teammate or by using his hands or arms to encircle the body of a teammate in an effort to block an opponent; or
  3. push or throw his body against a teammate to aid him in an attempt to obstruct an opponent or to recover a loose ball.

Penalty: For assisting the runner, interlocking interference, or illegal use of hands, arms, or body by the offense: Loss of 10 yards.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Rule 12, Article 4 covers this:

ARTICLE 4. ASSISTING THE RUNNER AND INTERLOCKING INTERFERENCE

No offensive player may:

1. pull a runner in any direction at any time;
  2. use interlocking interference, by grasping a teammate or by using his hands or arms to encircle the body of a teammate in an effort to block an opponent; or
  3. push or throw his body against a teammate to aid him in an attempt to obstruct an opponent or to recover a loose ball.

Penalty: For assisting the runner, interlocking interference, or illegal use of hands, arms, or body by the offense: Loss of 10 yards.

Huh...you know, I don't recall this penalty ever happening in a game.  But it sure does feel like it happens often right?  RB is in the middle of a big pile of guys and then some teammates push/pull the pile forwards for 5 more yards.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Huh...you know, I don't recall this penalty ever happening in a game.  But it sure does feel like it happens often right?  RB is in the middle of a big pile of guys and then some teammates push/pull the pile forwards for 5 more yards.

I am not responsible for inadequate referees!  I jutt read the rules.  🙂   Which to your point, they must not read themselves. I only recall maybe once or twice this getting called and it was a long time ago. 

This is similar to the using a teammate to jump up to block a kick. Happens a lot but not called very often. 

• Like 1

So @Morneblade Is the thumbs down becasue you don't like the rule? If not, why not? 

Same sort of question to @XxSpearheadxX  What is "sad" abotu the rule? 

Honest questions. I really do not see a problem with the rule but would also be OK if they removed it. I find it interesting they never call it yet we see it most games. If they are not going to call it then remove the rule. I seem to remember a PO game decided by a flag thrown for jumping on the back of a teammate to try and block a kick. That happens in virtually ever kick attempt yet it was only called at that critical point. Same sort of thing. 

image.thumb.png.365b260d694f4d8a25c927868f26eb69.png

I remember reading an article in the WP ages ago, probably late 60’s early 70’s, by a columnist who proposed a similar idea. He said to hire Andre the Giant, or the like, and a midget, and have the Giant toss the midget, with the ball, over the defensive line. Claimed it would be unstoppable. Said that only issue would be if defense had their own Giant and midget, then mid air collisions could be catastrophic. Can’t remember if it was Tony K or someone else. Made a young Skins fan laugh his ass off that morning though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I really don't feel like seeing if this was posted lol....

Ive been comparing Patterson to Barry Sanders since day 1....not because of their style of running, but because Patterson NEVER celebrates after a 1st down or touchdown. He gives the same reaction off a 80 yard touchdown run as he does a 1 yard run. Thats scary to me.....in a great way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Barry Sanders was ****ing nuts. There are so many "Holy ****" plays in this. Figure if we're going to connect Sanders to Patterson, might as well dream big :ols:

Best line is " I think John lynches jock strap is still on the 20".

The Buccaneer killer..............TIMELESS.............

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Haha 1

Barry Sanders was absolutely amazing to watch and the way he was able to cut and move was borderline superhuman. That being said, he was also the Brett Favre and Babe Ruth of running backs. He made jaw dropping plays but due to his style of bouncing it out and going backwards to make something else happen when there was no hole, he also had a crapload of plays where he ended up with negative yards.