Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Dyami Brown WR, UNC

PCS

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ILikeBilly said:

What happened to Dyami?  I think I heard it is his knee.  I didn't see anything during the game.  I hope the kid is okay going forward.

Not sure; wondered if there was a good update on a few of our injured guys. 

I think with Dyami, we have to remember that every 3rd round WR isn’t McLaurin lol. I think he’ll be good with more time and seasoning. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So what happened last year? Why didn’t he have an impact?

I was watching an interview with him from last year and he was speaking to Santana Moss and DHall. He explained that at UNC he only played on the left side. They ran uptempo. With Washington, he was learning to play all of the WR spots.

I heard elsewhere he was having problems getting off the press but that he got a lot better by the end of the year in his work on special teams.

He has videos on YouTube with his off-season workouts and he’s definitely putting in the work to improve.

I think we will see a much better showing from him this year. He was a Dynamic deep threat, which should be helped this year with Wentz taking more deep shots.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its a concern that he simply does not get open. He's smelling like Doctson all over again. Its one thing to be raw and inconsistent, I get that, but at least get open. Every throw to him is a throw into super tight coverage. 

He will never smell as bad as Doctson, at least Brown can’t ever be tagged as an epic first round bust.

Can Wentz bring more out of Browns game, who knows. Damn I hope we are lucky enough to get real production from both Brown and Samuel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

He runs deep routes. He doesn’t actually get open. 

I think a major issue with that is with who was throwing him the ball.. it's hard to get open when the ball is constantly underthrown and doesn't have a lot of zip. Due to THs arm strength it made it easier for opposing DBs to break quicker on the ball, especially on deep/go routes. Combine that with a year 1 WR learning different WR spots compared to him only playing on the left side in college, he could have a break out year with how strong Carsons arm really is. Could being the keyword, so we will see.

I'll say this though, the kid is fast AF.

Edited by ZarG3
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its a concern that he simply does not get open. He's smelling like Doctson all over again. Its one thing to be raw and inconsistent, I get that, but at least get open. Every throw to him is a throw into super tight coverage. 

I was talking about this mid-year.  I truly hope he has learned how to get off the press.  

Everyone always falls in love with a WR with speed, thinking he's going to be the next D Jax.  However, speed means absolutely nothing if you can't get off the LOS consistently.  Luckily this can be learned.  I'm impressed that Brown is taking this seriously, is being candid and working his tail off.  But...I have a feeling that Brown is going to only be useful on a consistent basis (if he even reaches that level where he can be useful) by running Go routes and deep posts.  

As a guy drafted in the third, even if he can only do this and is relegated to taking the heat off of Terry and our other, better WRs, then this is a win.  But in no way, shape or form, if I'm Ron, do I count on growth at our WR position as my solution to our WR woes this offseason.  It's gotta be a stud prospect in Round 1 or 2.  You're paying Wentz a ton of money, traded picks for him.  Go give him every opportunity to succeed.  Get the man more weapons.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I was talking about this mid-year.  I truly hope he has learned how to get off the press.  

Everyone always falls in love with a WR with speed, thinking he's going to be the next D Jax.  However, speed means absolutely nothing if you can't get off the LOS consistently.  Luckily this can be learned.  I'm impressed that Brown is taking this seriously, is being candid and working his tail off.  But...I have a feeling that Brown is going to only be useful on a consistent basis (if he even reaches that level where he can be useful) by running Go routes and deep posts.  

As a guy drafted in the third, even if he can only do this and is relegated to taking the heat off of Terry and our other, better WRs, then this is a win.  But in no way, shape or form, if I'm Ron, do I count on growth at our WR position as my solution to our WR woes this offseason.  It's gotta be a stud prospect in Round 1 or 2.  You're paying Wentz a ton of money, traded picks for him.  Go give him every opportunity to succeed.  Get the man more weapons.

Agreed. If Brown becomes a decent situational deep threat utility weapon type, that's a win. But we absolutely can not bank on him as a top 3 receiver and nowadays you essentially need 3 starting caliber quality receivers.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Redwards said:

It's gotta be a stud prospect in Round 1 or 2.  You're paying Wentz a ton of money, traded picks for him.  Go give him every opportunity to succeed.  Get the man more weapons.

Yes, I agree completely. I will be quite disappointed if we go anything other than WR in the first round. In today’s  game, you have to be able to score points. Before the Wentz trade I was happy with a LB in Rd 1, but now that we have very little cap space left, we need to use the draft for offensive weapons.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Yes, I agree completely. I will be quite disappointed if we go anything other than WR in the first round. In today’s  game, you have to be able to score points. Before the Wentz trade I was happy with a LB in Rd 1, but now that we have very little cap space left, we need to use the draft for offensive weapons.

This is the same boat I'm in. Also we should be able to get a quality WR at 11 or even after a trade down.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Maybe year two will be different for him but he does not seem fast, nor shifty enough to juke defenders. I honestly don’t know what is wrong with this scouting department.

I'm sure he has good straight line speed but he doesn't look smooth when he runs. His acceleration isn't great(meaning it takes him too long to reach top speed). And you're right he appears to lack wiggle.

On 5/4/2021 at 6:57 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

That's one thing that kind of concerned me with Brown, he didn't seem to shake a lot of DBs loose and got caught from behind a lot. So many of his catches seemed like they were contested, but he has good body control. 

Hes an odd watch because if you throw on tape from someone like Aiyuk who runs a slower 40, he's almost never caught from behind running at full sprint. Brown? Seemed like any CB could catch him. His top end speed is not as advertised IMO, but his acceleration is awesome. 

On 5/4/2021 at 7:54 AM, RandyHolt said:

Spot on. I am glad to see someone else comment on the CBs on top of him his entire route.  Yep it appears he has that contested catch thing going on, able to adjust to the ball in the air, separate at the key moment, whatever it is. 

Even Dyami's college tape doesn't show much separation from the DBs. 

These posts were from last May after the draft. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He runs deep routes. He doesn’t actually get open. 

I think it can be argued that, that particular stat is saying he gets off the line pretty fast and gets to that depth faster than most. There can be multiple contributing factors to this but my point is it can be a positive....and likely is. 

That or I want it to be so thats how I see it. I dunno really. 

On 3/23/2022 at 10:55 PM, Warhead36 said:

This is the same boat I'm in. Also we should be able to get a quality WR at 11 or even after a trade down.

My only issue with a trade down is that you're likely giving the best WR to PHI. When WSH drafts the best WR at #11, they win 2x as they avoid having to account for that guy on defense.

Really killing 3 major factor by doing this:

1. Getting a Starting WR opposite McLaurin

2. Wentz is getting 3 legitimate targets

3. You don't have to defend against that guy twice a year (12% of your games for the next 5 years)

Eagles are going to get at least 1 of the top 3 WRs in the draft. Either you counter that with taking the best one or you have to draft a shutdown CB.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheShredder said:

My only issue with a trade down is that you're likely giving the best WR to PHI. When WSH drafts the best WR at #11, they win 2x as they avoid having to account for that guy on defense.

Really killing 3 major factor by doing this:

1. Getting a Starting WR opposite McLaurin

2. Wentz is getting 3 legitimate targets

3. You don't have to defend against that guy twice a year (12% of your games for the next 5 years)

Eagles are going to get at least 1 of the top 3 WRs in the draft. Either you counter that with taking the best one or you have to draft a shutdown CB.

I get the logic but at the end of the day you gotta do what's in your team's best interest.

Last year Dallas traded down WITH Philly. They still ended up with Micah effing Parsons, literally the best rookie of the entire class.