Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What conspiracy theories do you (or did you) believe in?

1 hour ago, Bang said:

JFK.
There's no way the story we've heard of the lone gunman and the magic bullet is true.
I'm not sure which conspiracy killed Kennedy, but if I had to bet, i'd bank on a combination led by big money interests in big business to expand the Vietnam war and try to mitigate some of the tidal wave of 18 yr olds by sending a bunch of them off to war. The mob definitely didn't like him or his brother.

Not sure who.. but it sure as hell wasn't just Oswald.

Wasn't the Warren rep[ort supposed to be released a couple years ago and Trump sat on it? No reason at all to seal it for 50 years unless they wanted to be sure most if not all of them involved in the cover up had died by then.

~Bang

Warren Report online:

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report

Since we’re apparently never going to know and there’s no accountability, I guess it’s reduced to conspiracy theory at this point... 

Russian intelligence’s social media propaganda 100% swung the 2016 election. Donald Trump absolutely was (at minimum) aware of the Russian efforts to aid his campaign. And he absolutely was favorable to them while he was in office to repay them. Beyond that, if there was any dirt ahead of time or whatever, who knows. 

edit- a lot of the puzzle pieces out there are established fact, but the biggest one connecting Trump directly to the conspiracy only exists as part of people’s common sense assumptions given what we know about Manafort and Stone’s activities. But they wouldn’t talk, because they knew they were being pardoned. Shocking that this country let that play out right in front of our eyes and STILL almost re-elected him. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 6

Here's a fun one.  I kinda believed it as a teenager.  

https://www.loudersound.com/features/who-killed-jimi-hendrix

“I can remember this as if it were yesterday,” says Tappy today, sitting in London’s Groucho club, remembering the night that Jeffery apparently confessed to Hendrix’s murder. “As we are talking, Mike began to get very agitated and pale. ‘I had no bloody choice, I had to do it’. ‘What are you talking about?’ ‘You know exactly what I’m talking about. It was either that or I’d be broke or dead’. 

“I have to say that it did confirm suspicions that I had, that a lot of people had, only everybody was too scared to come forward and say anything. He was telling me, I didn’t ask and to be honest I really didn’t want to hear this.

”Mike gave away few details and Tappy didn’t press him further: “All he said was he got a few of his friends – I don’t know who they were, just some villains that Mike knew from up north and it was just booze down the windpipe. Like in that film Get Carter.

Barely a month later, Mike Jeffery was dead. Flying back from Majorca, his Iberian Airways DC-9 flight was in a mid-air collision over France. There were no survivors. Mike was terrified of flying and was in the habit of making several reservations at once and then choosing his flight at the last minute to escape the fates. But on 5th March 1973 his luck ran out and the full story behind his shocking confession died with him.

Tappy admits he sought no corroborative evidence then or since for Mike’s story: “Whoever else was involved was still out there and they might have thought Mike told me everything. So I kept my mouth shut, although I did tell my close friend, Bob Levine who was part of Jimi’s management team in New York. He told me to disappear.”

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Since we’re apparently never going to know and there’s no accountability, I guess it’s reduced to conspiracy theory at this point... 

Russian intelligence’s social media propaganda 100% swung the 2016 election. Donald Trump absolutely was (at minimum) aware of the Russian efforts to aid his campaign. And he absolutely was favorable to them while he was in office to repay them. Beyond that, if there was any dirt ahead of time or whatever, who knows. 

I don't know many people who say Russian shenanigans "100% swung the 2016 election," but it likely had some impact, especially in states where the margin of Trump's victory wasn't that large.  Paul Manafort still hasn't explained why he was sharing granular campaign polling data with Konstantin Kilimnik, his Russian contact who had ties to the Russian GRU.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I don't know many people who say Russian shenanigans "100% swung the 2016 election," but it likely had some impact, especially in states where the margin of Trump's victory wasn't that large.  Paul Manafort still hasn't explained why he was sharing granular campaign polling data with Konstantin Kilimnik, his Russian contact who had ties to the Russian GRU.

If it had any impact at all, it almost certainly swung the election given how tight the margin was. And judging by how half country lost their collective mind sometime between 2015 and now, I’m going to say it had a big impact. 

Re Kilimnik- I think the Mueller report hedged a little and stated he had “ties to the GRU,” while the Senate Intelligence report explicitly said he was a Russian intelligence officer. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bang said:

JFK.
There's no way the story we've heard of the lone gunman and the magic bullet is true.
I'm not sure which conspiracy killed Kennedy, but if I had to bet, i'd bank on a combination led by big money interests in big business to expand the Vietnam war and try to mitigate some of the tidal wave of 18 yr olds by sending a bunch of them off to war. The mob definitely didn't like him or his brother.

Not sure who.. but it sure as hell wasn't just Oswald.

Wasn't the Warren rep[ort supposed to be released a couple years ago and Trump sat on it? No reason at all to seal it for 50 years unless they wanted to be sure most if not all of them involved in the cover up had died by then.

~Bang

I read a book along time ago, like 20-ish years ago, called I Heard You Paint Houses.  It was really good and the mob guy claimed to have a part in the JFK killing.  

46 minutes ago, clietas said:

Finland doesn't exist. There's no landmass there just ocean. The Japanese and Soviets created "Finland" as a way to keep all the good fishing in that part of the world for themselves. They use the Trans Siberian Railroad to deliver the fish to Japan. 

And birds aren't real...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

edit- a lot of the puzzle pieces out there are established fact, but the biggest one connecting Trump directly to the conspiracy only exists as part of people’s common sense assumptions given what we know about Manafort and Stone’s activities. But they wouldn’t talk, because they knew they were being pardoned. Shocking that this country let that play out right in front of our eyes and STILL almost re-elected him. 

If that's a conspiracy theory, I guess I do buy that one. Too much evidence to suggest it. Too much of Trump's behavior during his presidency reinforced that relationship. There's a reason Trump treated Putin and Russia differently then every other friend, ally, or nation and since Trump's personality is almost entirely transactional (what's in it for me/how do I profit) then that degree of fawning, deference, and favoritism has to mean something.

But the conspiracy I most believe in is that some NFL games are manipulated. The imbalance and inconsistency of the refs to always tilt the field against certain teams and benefit others can't be coincidental. If they were just bad calls randomly applied then over a season or over five seasons they would balance out. I've seen way too many refs stare directly at an outrageous penalty and not throw a flag and then have seen that same ref throw a flag against the opposing team when camera replays show no infraction at all, sometimes not even physical contact.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Inside secret $54trillion company that 'owns America' dubbed 'real Illuminati'

Conspiracy theorists are convinced New York based financial institution, Cede and Company, consisting of a dozen directors and six employees, owns all of the wealth in the US

If you like a good conspiracy theory then you'll love the ones surrounding the tiny organisation that owns "all the wealth in the USA"

From Trading Places to Wall Street, Hollywood has long been fascinated with multi-billion dollar secret sleazy dealings.

But, despite their worth, New York-based financial institution Cede and Company has largely kept a relatively low profile with a dozen directors and no more than a half dozen employees.

However, despite its diminutive size the powerful organisation holds, according to some reports, as much as $54 trillion in assets.

This staggering figure has been reached because the firm actually owns 83% of all issued stocks in the United States.

Technically private investors DON'T own the stock they think they own, but rather have contractual rights that are part of a complex chain of rights ending up at Cede and Company.

A complex system of interlocking bodies, such as The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, the National Securities Clearing Corporation and the Fixed Income Clearing Corporation oversee all stock trading in the US. They all come under the umbrella of Cede.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

Just came across this. Think I saw “conspiracy theory”, and discarded it offhand.

So, don’t know if this has been said already (too lazy to read three pages of posts), but the conspiracy theory I used to believe was: “The more you whack off, the bigger your dick will get.”

Edited by Long n Left
  • Haha 2

There are all these commercials about the NFL being scripted, but I highly believe the NBA is actually rigged or scripted. It is essentially WWE, everything is faked and "sold".

This is why

- Doneghy actually admitted to certain teams getting calls just because there was a superstar, or the "league" favored one team. Then you try to tell me officials are impartial or unbiased, yet Dwayne Wade got "fouled" by Dallas despite not getting touched in the finals

- Another referee basically admitted it was rigged recently

- the Ewing frozen envelope theory will always stand...

On 4/12/2021 at 12:57 PM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Other than QAnon or voter fraud in the 2020 election, that is lol...that's discussed like a mf'er already.

However, with the whole QAnon thing (which I had no clue about until a year or so ago), thought I'd ask this question. Part of me believes everyone, at some point in their lives, believed a conspiracy theory. It's extremely rare for me to even slightly get caught up in any conspiracy theory--my take is that applying logic to a conspiracy theory pretty much destroys the theory...like "for this to be true, how many people would have to be in on it?"

Still, I've had two times where I bought the conspiracy: once when I was MUCH younger I bought the whole JFK assassination conspiracy. While I can still find questions to ask about it I haven't bought into it for decades. The other one involved some small software company back in the 80s I think that the guvmint stole their software and sold it to other countries, I think? And used it for...hell, I dunno. At any rate, an investigative journalist picked up on the story somehow and was exposing the facts when he was murdered in his hotel room while on a trip to get more evidence, I believe. The conspiracy connected the two things and the software theft was shown to be true years later in a congressional hearing, I think (my memory...damn lol). I don't think the murder of the journalist was ever solved, though--I first saw it on Unsolved Mysteries lol...so probably not.

Oh, and Area 51 was kinda sorta believed by me...the newspaper articles from the time made me willing to buy into it.

Anyway, do you believe in any conspiracy theories? Hoping we can have fun with this and not insult or ridicule each other if we do.

Going back in time this morning, I still kinda think JFK assassination is a conspiracy, so it remains in the back of my mind. If it's true and proof ever is exposed during my lifetime I'll be surprised. One thing that bothers me that in On the Trail of Assassins by Jim Garrison (the book that the movie JFK is based on) it mentions a Mr. George Bush that was in the CIA being involved. Since I read that, it made sense to me that Bush 41 was in the future the head of the CIA during his methodical career in politics. I still think about it obviously.

Secondly, I remember that software story and the murder of the journalist. Since I worked at one time for Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) I found this story fascinating. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 9:34 PM, China said:

And birds aren't real...

I dont think she's OJ's daughter, but she's somebody other than Robert's kid.  We know what OJ's mixed kids look like, Khloe doesn't even remotely look like her dad is OJ to me.  

On 4/12/2021 at 3:00 PM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I thought the conspiracy theory surrounding OJ was that racist cops were framing him?

I tend to believe both things were true.  OJ did it, but the racist cops also tried to manipulate things to ensure he got caught.