Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What conspiracy theories do you (or did you) believe in?

Other than QAnon or voter fraud in the 2020 election, that is lol...that's discussed like a mf'er already.

However, with the whole QAnon thing (which I had no clue about until a year or so ago), thought I'd ask this question. Part of me believes everyone, at some point in their lives, believed a conspiracy theory. It's extremely rare for me to even slightly get caught up in any conspiracy theory--my take is that applying logic to a conspiracy theory pretty much destroys the theory...like "for this to be true, how many people would have to be in on it?"

Still, I've had two times where I bought the conspiracy: once when I was MUCH younger I bought the whole JFK assassination conspiracy. While I can still find questions to ask about it I haven't bought into it for decades. The other one involved some small software company back in the 80s I think that the guvmint stole their software and sold it to other countries, I think? And used it for...hell, I dunno. At any rate, an investigative journalist picked up on the story somehow and was exposing the facts when he was murdered in his hotel room while on a trip to get more evidence, I believe. The conspiracy connected the two things and the software theft was shown to be true years later in a congressional hearing, I think (my memory...damn lol). I don't think the murder of the journalist was ever solved, though--I first saw it on Unsolved Mysteries lol...so probably not.

Oh, and Area 51 was kinda sorta believed by me...the newspaper articles from the time made me willing to buy into it.

Anyway, do you believe in any conspiracy theories? Hoping we can have fun with this and not insult or ridicule each other if we do.

I don't buy it, but I really love watching the moon landing conspiracy theories because there are some interesting coincidences...

The older I get, the more I think there was more to the Kennedy assassination than just a disgruntled guy killing him. I don't know what is needed for it to truly be a conspiracy, but I don't think Oswald acted alone. 

• Like 2

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't buy it, but I really love watching the moon landing conspiracy theories because there are some interesting coincidences...

The older I get, the more I think there was more to the Kennedy assassination than just a disgruntled guy killing him. I don't know what is needed for it to truly be a conspiracy, but I don't think Oswald acted alone. 

I tend to agree, the older I get I don't think he acted alone.  I don't think he was that good of a shot to begin with.  He tried to shoot a retired general in earlier 1963 from like 100 feet away through a window and the bullet hit the window frame and he missed the guy.  I don't get how someone who was average/below average shot in the Marines and can't shoot someone through a window 100 feet away all of a sudden was able to rip off the shots that he did and be successful on a moving target.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gbear said:

The conspiracy is that he killed Nicole.  I mean he was found innocent...

Is it not a conspiracy theory if the majority of people (including me) believe it to be true.

Well there is a conspiracy theory that OJ's son Jason did it and OJ helped cover it up. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Well there is a conspiracy theory that OJ's son Jason did it and OJ helped cover it up. 

Oh yeah....that actually had some logic to it from what I remember.

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The NBA 1985 draft was fixed to allow the Knicks to get Patrick Ewing. 

The ol' "Card had a fold on the corner" theory lol...

Edited by Califan007

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The NBA 1985 draft was fixed to allow the Knicks to get Patrick Ewing. 

Got a couple more sports ones for you...

Gamblers got to UNLV players in 91 and they threw the Final Four game to Duke.

And, tin foil hat alert, Magic Johnson has never had HIV.

14 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Got a couple more sports ones for you...

Gamblers got to UNLV players in 91 and they threw the Final Four game to Duke.

And, tin foil hat alert, Magic Johnson has never had HIV.

You forgot the one where Jordan was suspended for drugs thus he went to play baseball for a few years. 😆

• Haha 1

OJ conspiracy?  Guess people didn't live through that.  Of course everyone knows he killed Ron Goldman and Nicole... in fact Goldman's dad won a civil suit.  

I am convinced based on other former conspiracy theorists that Oswald did act alone. All these people have looked into their concerns and do believe it is possible to take the shots he did.  Also, there are no breadcrumbs leading to anywhere else.  At this point someone would talk.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I am convinced based on other former conspiracy theorists that Oswald did act alone. All these people have looked into their concerns and do believe it is possible to take the shots he did.  Also, there are no breadcrumbs leading to anywhere else.  At this point someone would talk.  

Same. Oswald did that **** and acted alone.

My brother is still convinced LBJ was behind it. Apparently so did Jackie O. My best friends dad was one of Aristotle Onassis' pilots. Sad she absolutely believed LBJ was involved. 

I honestly don't believe in most conspiracy theories. Reason being people can't keep their mouths shut.

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1