Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

8 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

That's fine,  but you weren't really discussing draft picks, only claiming matter of factly that our front office and their picks are basically trash. I just wanted to know what your qualifications were for making this kind of judgment before any of the players we've drafted have played a down.  

I assume you must work in the business to have that kind of confidence. So, what front office do you work in? 

I don’t know whether to be sad or impressed that you managed to fully contradict yourself in your first sentence

My qualifications are:

- 1 full season of watching Jamin bloody Davis, a Ron Rivera special drafted around 5 rounds too high

- An understanding of the front office’s complete mishandling of the defensive tackle position leading to the overcompensating pick we’ve just made instead of taking Brisker or Dean and filling a genuine position of need with high ceiling quality

It’s a short resume, but it’s growing with every draft this Front Office heads up

Edited by BrentMeisterGeneral
  • Like 2

I think (hope) that they have a plan. I have to think that they have a couple of Free Agency deals already worked out that they can finalize after the draft. Maybe the Honey Badger and a LB. They may even have a trade deal done for Daron Payne to help to pay for those Free agents. Either something is up or they are just plain idiots. We shall see. 

Just now, SpacePenguin said:

I think Mathis would be a bit more well received if this FO hadn't gutted the DT depth this offseason.

He wouldn’t have been needed had they not needlessly gutted the DT position (soon to be more) and spent it on a real position of need.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, VaK9Trainer said:

I think (hope) that they have a plan. I have to think that they have a couple of Free Agency deals already worked out that they can finalize after the draft. Maybe the Honey Badger and a LB. They may even have a trade deal done for Daron Payne to help to pay for those Free agents. Either something is up or they are just plain idiots. We shall see. 

Hope you are right

• Like 2

How many people whining actually watched him play? Be honest.

I remember a time that people would beg us to stock up on linemen, “all the good organizations build the trenches and continue adding talent to the pipeline. We’d look at the giants and the eagles and be jealous they would do that every year. Baltimore does this. Pittsburgh does this. New England does this. Draft fat boys and continue doing so, it will always help in the long run. 

For the record, I didn’t do a very good job of following the draft this year and relied on this thread for all of my information (huge shout out to those that contribute as much as they do!) Do I don’t pretend to know if this guy is actually good or blows biscuits but from what I read he seems like someone who could become a good solid starter. Stopping the run is huge in our division too with the eagles. I’ll wait for more information to come out to see who and what they see in this guy and where they had him rated to really weigh in on my opinion. 

But this whole not trusting the direction of the FO thing seems a bit hyperbolic. I actually think they have done a pretty good job adding to the roster and can really be judged based off the Wentz move. We will know in a few years how these decisions pan out but I still think it’s too early to pull the plug on what this FO is doing. 

• Like 2

Just now, ntotoro said:

He wouldn’t have been needed had they not needlessly gutted the DT position (soon to be more) and spent it on a real position of need.

Probably not, but if they'd let Ionaiddis go and resigned Settle.....picking Mathis wouldn't look quite as much like reaching for need again.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I had to put the kids to bed.  

I assume we’re in full meltdown mode over taking a DT?  (I’m not going to go back and read the meltdown.  Im

just going to assume it happened and move on…)

Not any more so than on any given Sunday during the fall