Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

25 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I drafted Jordan Leggett TE, Clemson one year in the fourth round of the ES mock draft. Not sure if he’s even still alive. 

I thought the Jets got a steal with Christian Hackenberg in the second round.

We all make mistakes.  Of course, I don't really **** about what we do.  Except Haskins, I really didn't like that one.

19 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

The only thing that makes sense to me about the way we're operating is that the team is broke.  We have zero confidence in our ability to retain our players.

that's a matter of cap space, not actual cash.

Alright. back to the draft. Some notables left on my board:

Muma

Dean

Corral

Travis Jones

Daniel Faalele

Christian Harris

Zamir White

Channing Tindall

Isaiah Spiller

Greg Dulcich

Jeremy Ruckert

Still tons of good players out there. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ya you’re way off on the first sentence. Like not even in the hemisphere.

And Mathis is a better run stiffer than Settle. Much worse pass rusher.

I haven’t read Jack squat on d line this year but so I’ll defer to you and @Skinsinparadise but I keep seeing this sentiment so I’m just wondering where the 9 sacks came from if he’s terrible rushing the passer 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The new Phiddy Cent probably could catch balls better than Rod Gardner.

Oh this guy is a wrestler?  Cocaine and steroids, that explains everything.

Went with my kids to a show here and he stayed outside and shook everyone’s hands and took pictures with everyone. Gained a ton of respect for him. Calm, cool… 

1 minute ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I haven’t read Jack squat on d line this year but so I’ll defer to you and @Skinsinparadise but I keep seeing this sentiment so I’m just wondering where the 9 sacks came from if he’s terrible rushing the passer 

Pocket collapsing, QB trying to escape. Inferior competition. Combination. 

He’ll get a few of them just because of his punch and strength.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Did Phiddy actually say we reached on him. Or was he just tuned out watching hoops like Dot.

John Keim quoted him as saying he expected to go in the 3rd at the earliest. 

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, KDawg said:

Pocket collapsing, QB trying to escape. Inferior competition. Combination. 

He’ll get a few of them just because of his punch and strength.

Thanks and Fair enough I’m sure you can understand why there seems to be a little bit of a disconnect there haha 

5 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

He isnt terrible at it. But he isnt a quick twitch athletic pass rusher either. Most of his sacks come from the QB holding onto the ball because Bama's secondary is shutting down receivers. Or the QB steps up due to outside pressure right into him. His tape isnt horrible. But it isnt special either. 

Edit: Not to mention he had Will Anderson rushing from the outside.

Edited by clskinsfan

4 minutes ago, MrJL said:

that's a matter of cap space, not actual cash.

signing bonuses require cash on hand. That “up front” money you hear about is a check to cash. 

AJ Brown just got a 57million dollar check from the eagles. Dan can’t swing that anymore. 

of course I’m senile so I may be wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Tuned into the draft 10 minutes ago, reading through posts I’ve missed tonight. People hate the 2nd round pick that much? I know nothing about him so im willing to withhold judgement until i see him on the field, but to each their own :) 

Apparently the team is dead broke and can't afford salaries anymore, so you better sell some damn popcorn or something this season. I want to see knees to chest up and down those aisles

• Haha 3

Just now, Mrshadow008 said:

I admit I barely watched him.  The DT class I raced through ditto edge unlike other spots.

I am catching up on reading on him and I like him a bit more now than I did when they took him. I am not as shocked as some that they took a DT., But he wasn’t on my radar. I’ll watch him probably tomorrow morning.