Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

9 hours ago, China said:

NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist National Poll: Abortion Rights, May, 2022

Nearly Two in Three Americans Oppose Overturning Roe v. Wade… Nearly Half of Americans More Likely to Vote in November Due to Potential SCOTUS Abortion Decision

64% of Americans do not think Roe v. Wade should be overturned, while 33% think it should. Similarly, a 2020 Kaiser Family Foundation Survey showed 27% supported overturning the ruling, and 69% opposed it. Current opinion falls along party lines, but even 34% of Republicans oppose overturning Roe v. Wade.

The pending controversial Supreme Court decision on abortion is likely to increase voter turnout in this year’s midterm elections. 49% of Americans, including half of voters, say it will make them more likely to vote in November. 25% say it will make no difference to their decision to vote, and only 4% say it will make them less likely to vote. 21% have not heard about the leak. Democrats (66%) are more likely than Republicans (40%) to say a redirection of SCOTUS on abortion will increase their likelihood to cast a ballot.

Click on the link for more

Whatever. Will believe it when I see it. and that means in States where they made it harder to vote. Women and Minorities are lined up before dawn at the limiting polling locations, pissing off the people who wanted fewer voting locations because now they have to wait hours to vote for some jagoff who wants to make it harder to vote. 

1 minute ago, China said:
I think he took a few to many shots to the head when he was playing.  CTE is no joke.

So many people ask "What should we do about Walker?". I've always said, put a microphone in front of his face...and his son's face...that dude is a massive douche.

Today's primary election day for both parties. I didn't early vote so went this afternoon. The Democrat ballot was pretty easy, any 4 positions on it with a choice between two people each. 

Paxton's people are running ads against George P. Bush for Republican candidate for attorney general. Paxton is the incumbent. These ads claim that Bush is a liberal. Trump endorsed Paxton. Bush is a Trumper. That ad is hilarious!

David Perdue, reacting to a Fox poll last week showing him down 32 to Brian Kemp, said "I can tell you I'm not behind by 30 damn points!"

With about half the vote in, Perdue is down fitty points!

Raffensberger also winning his SOS race easy. Trump getting spanked in GA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

So it appears the hardcore Trumpists are getting their clocks cleaned in the primaries just about  everywhere except Pennsylvania - I just hope they are sane and Mastriano gets reckt in the general.

And this could be a very bad sign for Trump getting the nod in the 2024 primary - Republicans and their donors have to see blood in the water at this point.

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Grimace winning the Ark Gov GOP nomination is a Trump win though. 

That race was weird, although Trump endorsed Huckabee-Sanders who was his press secretary for two years, Doc Washburn is in a way far more of a Trump nutcase who was all in on the 2020 stolen election conspiracy

https://www.thedailycitizen.com/news/washburn-claims-to-be-true-conservative-option-for-arkansas-governor/article_6b61df3f-d34f-5405-898d-d16599bc93a2.html

Washburn also said it is obvious the 2020 election was stolen, referring to claims made by former President Donald Trump that he did not lose to President Joe Biden but was the victim of voter fraud. Those claims have been refuted by state election officials, including fellow Republicans, federal government agencies and courts.

And here he is on Twitter (Twitter link doesn't work for some reason, so this is copy paste

Hey

, why did you just say Sarah Huckabee Sanders is running unopposed? I am her conservative opponent! I'm the one who says they stole the 2020 election! She denies that and hangs out with Mike Pence! She's the Walmart/Tyson candidate!

But Huckabee-Sanders quote on the 2020 election was far more dubious

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/politics/sarah-huckabee-sanders-arkansas-governor-gop-primary/index.html

When asked whether the 2020 election was stolen for Trump, as he has falsely contended, Sanders was opaque during that recent interview. "I don't think we'll ever know the depths of how much fraud existed," she said, even though there is no widespread evidence of election fraud.
"We know there is fraud in every election," she told the newspaper. "How far and wide it went, I don't think that will be something that will be ever determined."

I think the only reason Trump endorsed her is because she was sure to win and hadn't explicitly repudiated Trump.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

6 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

That race was weird, although Trump endorsed Huckabee-Sanders who was his press secretary for two years, Doc Washburn is in a way far more of a Trump nutcase who was all in on the 2020 stolen election conspiracy

https://www.thedailycitizen.com/news/washburn-claims-to-be-true-conservative-option-for-arkansas-governor/article_6b61df3f-d34f-5405-898d-d16599bc93a2.html

And here he is on Twitter (Twitter link doesn't work for some reason, so this is copy paste

But Huckabee-Sanders quote on the 2020 election was far more dubious

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/politics/sarah-huckabee-sanders-arkansas-governor-gop-primary/index.html

I think the only reason Trump endorsed her is because she was sure to win and hadn't explicitly repudiated Trump.

Plus her daddy's name recognition. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

MTG in w 69%.  Consistency, that’s a virtue in Ga correct?

Amazing.  About 7 out of 10 Republicans in her district said yes, we do want the person who suggested CA wildfires were started by Jewish Space Lasers.  Maybe our country deserves the garbage representation we have in Congress. 

35 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Her Democrat opponent got 74% in his primary. 

Going out on a limb but I’m guessing (hoping?) that her Democratic opponent isn’t a ****ing loon.

**edit** or at least not a loon whose looniness isn’t already well documented.

Edited by stoshuaj

2 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Going out on a limb but I’m guessing (hoping?) that her Democratic opponent isn’t a ****ing loon.

**edit** or at least not a loon whose looniness isn’t already well documented.

I forget his name, he seems pretty level headed, I'd vote for him.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

They redistricted my area so that Perjury Traitor Greed is now running to be my rep.  This was the first time I ever voted in a primary, and I chose the GOP ballot just to vote against MTG, Perdue, and Herschel Walkingdead. I also needed to vote against creation of an independent township for my area - referendums that spread in my county after a black woman was elected to the county council... Because a black Democrat with a masters in engineering and a PhD in public administration living in a million dollar home is obviously trying to flood neighborhoods with low income housing...🤨

• Like 2

I still laugh at the Republicans crying about "consequence free sex." There was a religion for which I happen to have great reapect that preached about no fun sexual encounters. They even had separate doors for men and women. When I hear the Republicans talk about sex, I think they are the 2022 Shakers. I hope they have the same predictable resulting populations.

8 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Amazing.  About 7 out of 10 Republicans in her district said yes, we do want the person who suggested CA wildfires were started by Jewish Space Lasers.  Maybe our country deserves the garbage representation we have in Congress. 

Have to ask, do 7 of 10 Republicans in her district know she said that?  Sometimes it's not jus looking the other way when mics get put in random citizen faces, it is fascinating what they don't know about said candidate while defending them.  Intentional ignorance?

I'm trying to find this skit where folks on the street were being asked if something was a skit making fun of a particular female GOP congress member or an actual quote, and many went in saying several were the media going too far then in the end finding out all of them were actual quotes, mot skits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Have to ask, do 7 of 10 Republicans in her district know she said that?  Sometimes it's not jus looking the other way when mics get put in random citizen faces, it is fascinating what they don't know about said candidate while defending them.  Intentional ignorance?

I'm trying to find this skit where folks on the street were being asked if something was a skit making fun of a particular female GOP congress member or an actual quote, and many went in saying several were the media going too far then in the end finding out all of them were actual quotes, mot skits. 

That was Boebert, pretty much a real loony. That's a funny video. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...