Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

Democratic Candidate Whose Opponent Punched Her Is Now Being Challenged By a Man Who Wore Blackface

The saga of incredibly ****ed-up opponents challenging Jennifer Rourke, a Rhode Island state senate candidate, continues—and her party has ghosted her.

Last month, after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, abortion rights supporters showed up in droves across the country to protest the decision. Jennifer Rourke, a Democratic candidate for Rhode Island state Senate and the founder of Rhode Island Political Cooperative, was one such protester. It was at an abortion rights protest in Providence that her Republican, anti-abortion opponent, an off-duty police officer named Jeann Lugo, confronted and punched Rourke in the face. “This is what it is to be a Black woman running for office. I won’t give up,” Rourke tweeted at the time.

Lugo has since dropped out of the Senate race and been suspended by the Providence police department—yet the saga of incredibly ****ed-up opponents challenging Rourke continues.

On Tuesday, Michael C. Carreiro, president of the Warwick firefighters union, Local 2748, filed to run against Rourke for Rhode Island’s Senate District 29, which is being vacated by a 28-year incumbent. Though Carreiro, a white man, is running as a Democratic challenger to Rourke, on Friday, Rourke tweeted a photo of Carreiro posing in blackface. This photo of Carreiro, Rourke notes, was even his profile picture:

Somehow, it gets worse: Carreiro also seems to have “liked” a Facebook page called “support officer Darren Wilson”—surely you remember Darren Wilson, the police officer who shot Michael Brown in 2014, expressed zero remorse, and even went on to boast about it?

In another Facebook post of Carreiro that Rourke unearthed, he appears to pose and smile next to none other than Tucker Carlson, and also “likes” the Tucker Carlson Tonight show’s Facebook page.

Despite Carreiro’s overtly racist behavior, according to Rourke, her Senate district’s Democratic committee has been ignoring her phone calls and requests for its endorsement. “None of them returned my calls. I am a mother of four, a reproductive rights activist, and I’ve worked multiple jobs my whole life,” she told the Boston Globe. “The fact they would not consider endorsing me over someone who wore Blackface and celebrates Tucker Carlson just shows how broken the leadership of the Rhode Island Democratic Party is.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

Voter turnout dips among youth, rises for elderly in Colorado primary election

This year’s primary election saw the lowest turnout of young voters since Colorado began tracking primary voter ages in 2018, with experts speculating the two major parties are failing to engage young adults.   

Only 4.3% of the 1.235 million ballots cast last month were from Coloradans age 24 or younger, according to data from the Secretary of State’s Office. That’s a huge dip from 5.9% in the primary for the 2020 presidential election. While presidential elections often inspire more engagement, this year's youth turnout is still less than the 2018 primary, which saw 4.8% of voters age 25 or younger.

Though the age categories in 2018 and 2022 — both non-presidential election years — don't exactly align, almost 3,000 more young voters cast a ballot in 2018 than in 2022, despite having 59,000 fewer voters overall four years ago.

The age group that saw the biggest drop in turnout this year is 25 to 34, which went from representing 11.5% of voters in 2020 to only 8.8% in 2022.

Click on the link for the full article

4 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Who are my fellow Marylanders voting for in the primary?

Obviously you write-in Glenn Youngkin. After all, VA elected him, and if you ask any Virginian their state is soooooo much better always in all ways. Clearly the only logical choice. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Obviously you write-in Glenn Youngkin. After all, VA elected him, and if you ask any Virginian their state is soooooo much better always in all ways. Clearly the only logical choice. 

Maybe Hoagie can vote for Reagan again. 🤞

Less than 4 months until the election and it's still looks glum for Dems.  

The House is flipping, the only question is how big of a victory.  If the GOP wins, I think 35 seats; they will reach their highest levels since the late 1920's.  If they win that many some blue seats are going red.  All they need is 5 more seats to have control.   My guess, the Dems don't buck this trend.

The Dems hope lies in the senate and that's only because the GOP nominated some idiot candidates again.  Maybe the Dems instead of losing control actually could pick up 1-3 seats.  Thing is, if there's red wave; that could give the GOP control anyway and those idiot candidates could get swept in anyway.

15 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fetterman is killing it so far. Really hope the conmen like Oz and Vance fail big time come November. 

I'd be more worried about the AG vs Mastriano, which is a closer race

15 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Lol. Dude speaks the truth. My Dad was from Philly. My Grandmother lived there for 97 years. You don't go to Pat's or Geno's. You go to the local spot around the corner. 

you go to john's roast pork or dinics

• Thumb up 1