Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

21 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:
10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m not sure how I said anything controversial or why it warrants Bernie Bro responses. I noted he seems like a popular rising star in the state and had almost zero endorsements from any Dems/groups while the moderate had a ton. 

****ing really?

Dems saw this progressive rockstar that the base loved and even had appeal in rural areas and decided to throw all their support behind the moderate Lamb. They are so bad at election

Super Trumpy Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin Fails in Primary Challenge to Gov. Brad Little

The far-right lieutenant governor of Idaho has failed in a primary challenge to Gov. Brad Little, despite being backed by Donald Trump. Janice McGeachin was on just 23.4 percent of the vote, compared to 64.1 percent for Little, when the race was called for the incumbent with only a quarter of precincts counted. McGeachin made a name for herself by unilaterally issuing an executive order banning mask mandates while Little was out of state last May and had basically campaigned on the promise she would always be the Trumpiest person in any room.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

While I enjoy watching Trump take yet another L, Kemp sucks.  Who is the Democratic candidate?

Stacy Abrams and she will probably lose again.

Then Joe will have her replace Kamala in 23. After Joe is forced out of office; Stacy becomes Potus 47 and she beats Trump in 24, for her first of 2 full terms.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Stacy Abrams and she will probably lose again.

Then Joe will have her replace Kamala in 23. After Joe is forced out of office; Stacy becomes Potus 47 and she beats Trump in 24, for her first of 2 full terms.

you come up with stuff like this but in the lottery thread have no imagination at all 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

The first group of voters....

The white ladies care about "history" when it comes to Confederate monuments. 🤣

They care about themselves and only themselves. Simple as that. No serious person who claims to care about history would support the Republicans. They've literally been whitewashing it for decades. **** these people. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Court rules on mail ballots as Senate race votes are counted

A federal court ruled Friday that mail-in ballots without a required date on the return envelope must be allowed in a 2021 Pennsylvania county judge race, a decision that could complicate the ongoing process of vote counting in the state’s neck-and-neck U.S. Senate Republican primary.

The three-judge panel’s judgment said the state election law’s requirement of a date next to the voter’s signature on the outside of return envelopes was “immaterial.” They said they found no reason to refuse counting the ballots that were set aside in the Nov. 2, 2021, election for common pleas judge in Lehigh County.

Elections officials, lawyers and candidates are scrambling to understand and respond to the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decision, which was issued late in the day without a written opinion laying out its rationale.

It had an immediate effect in Pennsylvania’s too-close-to-call Republican primary contest for U.S. Senate, where counties are still adding up votes in the race between celebrity heart surgeon Dr. Mehmet Oz and former hedge fund executive David McCormick.

2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

They care about themselves and only themselves. Simple as that. No serious person who claims to care about history would support the Republicans. They've literally been whitewashing it for decades. **** these people. 

Yep.  I watch every morning, so I saw it.  I can see Stone Mountain from about a mile from my house.

And being the wife of an engineer for 20 years, I know that taking the carving off would mean BLASTING THE MOUNTAIN...the largest piece of exposed granite in the Northern hemisphere.  The million dollar homes in that area won't take it.  It's wild living here. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yep.  I watch every morning, so I saw it.  I can see Stone Mountain from about a mile from my house.

And being the wife of an engineer for 20 years, I know that taking the carving off would mean BLASTING THE MOUNTAIN...the largest piece of exposed granite in the Northern hemisphere.  The million dollar homes in that area won't take it.  It's wild living here. 

If I was ever President I'd blow it up during a speech behind me without telling anyone.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

If I was ever President I'd blow it up during a speech behind me without telling anyone.

Well, my hairdresser hikes it every day, and she's a Trumper (which is why my hair looks like ****, haven't seen her in a while)...:ols:

• Haha 1

Georgia Republicans who despise Gov. Brian Kemp threaten to stay home this November if Trump-backed challenger David Perdue loses Tuesday's primary

Republicans in Georgia still seething about the 2020 presidential race say they would rather sit out the election in November if Trump's candidate, former Sen. David Perdue, loses an upcoming GOP gubernatorial primary than ever support incumbent Gov. Brian Kemp.

The animosity towards Kemp, whom several MAGA Republicans described as a "Judas" and "betrayer" for certifying Joe Biden's win in 2020, is unlikely to affect the outcome of the May 24 primary. But it may hurt Kemp's chances this fall in an anticipated rematch with presumed Democratic nominee Stacey Abrams, the woman he narrowly beat in 2018 — with Trump's support.

"I don't want Stacey Abrams. But I don't think I can vote for Brian Kemp," a 27-year-old Gordon County resident who declined to give his name told Insider at a "Bikers for Trump" rally about an hour north of Atlanta.

The local Republican, who accused Kemp of "rolling over and letting the country get crucified" during the last election, said he planned to vote for Perdue on Tuesday because the Trump-endorsed former senator from Georgia had vowed to hold everyone involved in the "rigged and stolen" presidential contest accountable if he gets elected.

Earlier in the day, an 81-year-old Georgian who said he's voted Republican since 1964, couldn't even bring himself to say Kemp's name or that of Georgia secretary of state Brad Raffensperger.

"I wouldn't vote for either one of them. They're not Republicans. They're liars," David, who declined to provide his last name, said at Perdue's May 20 event at a rural airfield. He added that Kemp and Raffensperger "did Trump in in Georgia" by not investigating the results to the twice-impeached former president's satisfaction.

Kemp and Raffensperger conducted a statewide audit and oversaw recounts of the more than 5 million votes Georgians cast in the 2020 presidential election. Biden beat Trump there by about 12,000 votes.

30 minutes ago, China said:

Georgia Republicans who despise Gov. Brian Kemp threaten to stay home this November if Trump-backed challenger David Perdue loses Tuesday's primary

Republicans in Georgia still seething about the 2020 presidential race say they would rather sit out the election in November if Trump's candidate, former Sen. David Perdue, loses an upcoming GOP gubernatorial primary than ever support incumbent Gov. Brian Kemp.

I hope every single one of them does. 

NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist National Poll: Abortion Rights, May, 2022

Nearly Two in Three Americans Oppose Overturning Roe v. Wade… Nearly Half of Americans More Likely to Vote in November Due to Potential SCOTUS Abortion Decision

64% of Americans do not think Roe v. Wade should be overturned, while 33% think it should. Similarly, a 2020 Kaiser Family Foundation Survey showed 27% supported overturning the ruling, and 69% opposed it. Current opinion falls along party lines, but even 34% of Republicans oppose overturning Roe v. Wade.

The pending controversial Supreme Court decision on abortion is likely to increase voter turnout in this year’s midterm elections. 49% of Americans, including half of voters, say it will make them more likely to vote in November. 25% say it will make no difference to their decision to vote, and only 4% say it will make them less likely to vote. 21% have not heard about the leak. Democrats (66%) are more likely than Republicans (40%) to say a redirection of SCOTUS on abortion will increase their likelihood to cast a ballot.

Click on the link for more

Leading GOP Candidates For Michigan Guv Could Be Disqualified Over Wave of Fraudulent Signatures

A signature forgery scandal has turned the race for the GOP nomination to be Michigan’s next governor on its head: Two leading Republican candidates did not collect enough signatures to qualify for the primary ballot after invalid signatures were excluded, according to a report from the state’s Bureau of Elections. 

The Bureau of Elections reports will now go to the Board of State Canvassers, which will vote Thursday on which candidates qualify to appear on the ballot for the state’s Aug. 2 primaries.

Thirty-six petition circulators — campaign workers hired to collect signatures — “submitted fraudulent petition sheets consisting entirely of invalid signatures,” according to the Bureau. In all, according to the Bureau’s report Monday, these circulators submitted at least 68,000 invalid signatures across nominating petitions for 10 candidates.

Both leading Republican candidates submitted well above the 15,000 signatures necessary, but were subsequently hit with complaints that that counts contained fraudulent signatures. 

James Craig (pictured above), the former Detroit police chief, submitted more than 11,100 invalid signatures and just under 10,200 valid ones, according to the Bureau’s report. Bureau staff noted “consistent handwriting for the entirety of a petition sheet, including signatures” and evidence of “round-tabling,” or the practice of passing a petition sheet around in a group to make entries appear more authentic. 

Another candidate, Perry Johnson, submitted nearly 14,000 valid signatures — not enough to make the ballot — and over 9,000 invalid signatures. The same group of petition circulators who submitted thousands of invalid signature pages for Craig’s campaign did so for Johnson’s, the Bureau reported. A report noted incorrect addresses and misspelled names.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perdue on Abrams: She’s not from here. My inclination is to say “you don’t like it, go back to where you came from”

Classic racist dog whistle. "She's not from here. Go back to where you came from." Stacey Abrams went to high school and college in GEORGIA. She has worked in Atlanta over the last twenty years. 🤷

Edited by Captain Wiggles

On 5/22/2022 at 12:37 PM, Captain Wiggles said:

They should go back to their 1956 platform:

1956republican.jpg

• Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Classic racist dog whistle. "She's not from here. Go back to where you came from." Stacey Abrams went to high school and college in GEORGIA. She has worked in Atlanta over the last twenty years. 🤷

Totally not racist, bro.

• Haha 1