Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

Republicans go scorched-earth in Arizona Senate primary

Arizona’s GOP Senate primary is turning increasingly bloody in a contest that could determine who wins control of the Senate in November.  

As the race to nominate Sen. Mark Kelly’s (D-Ariz.) GOP opponent hurtles toward its Aug. 2 conclusion, businessman Jim Lamon, former tech executive Blake Masters and state Attorney General Mark Brnovich are throwing elbows and millions of dollars around in a race that polls show remains fluid.  

Lamon has dumped millions of his own dollars going scorched-earth against Masters over his ties to PayPal founder and early Facebook investor Peter Thiel after Masters scored former President Trump’s endorsement earlier this month. Outside groups backing Masters, like the Club for Growth and a well-heeled super PAC seeded by $13.5 million of Thiel’s money, are responding in kind. And Brnovich is hanging on as Trump harangues him for not overturning his defeat in the state in 2020.   

And operatives say it’s just getting started.  

“Given the fact that early ballots have not gone out yet, I think there’s still a lot of energy in all of these campaigns where I think they’re going to do everything they can to be successful. It’s shown to date that they’re using the attack strategy,” said Lorna Romero, an Arizona GOP strategist who worked on the late Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) 2016 reelection campaign. “I think this is just the start of it.”  

What had already been a contentious primary turned into a slugfest this month after Trump endorsed Masters, handing the protege of his ally, Thiel, a key boost.  

Lamon, who had already loaned his campaign $13 million in total through the end of the first quarter of 2022, last week released a blistering ad casting Masters as a “fake” and a “puppet” with “Big Tech pulling his strings.” Versions of that message have been echoed in a slew of statements from Lamon.  

Another ad touting Lamon’s past military service urges voters to not “believe Blake Masters or his pro-China, Big Tech billionaire.”  

Click on the link for the full article

On 6/9/2022 at 11:05 PM, China said:

Eric Greitens’ ex-wife seeks records from governor’s office detailing ‘abusive’ behavior

Sheena Greitens’ attorney thinks the governor’s office may have proof to bolster claims that her client’s ex-husband, Eric Greitens, was prone to violence. 

As part of the couple’s child custody battle in Boone County court, attorney Helen Wade filed a records request with the governor’s office asking for documents regarding Eric Greitens losing access to firearms, or any that describe behavior by the former governor characterized as criminal, abusive or threatening.

According to the response she received from the governor’s office, her request generated nearly 13,000 records, which she is scheduled to receive Aug. 3 — the day after voters decide whether Eric Greitens should be the GOP nominee for U.S. Senate. 

Many, if not most, of those records could be unrelated to Eric Greitens’ behavior during his short tenure as governor before resigning from office in June 2018 to settle a felony charge and avoid impeachment. 

Sheena Greitens documented abuse allegations against ex-husband in 2018

It was 10 days since her husband, Eric Greitens, resigned as governor and Sheena Greitens was terrified.

In that period, she wrote to a family lawyer in a June 14, 2018, email, Eric Greitens had been violent twice to one of his sons, lost his temper repeatedly and refused to admit his actions were a source of the family’s problems.

He could go from calm to enraged “in a flash,” she wrote.

An example was his reaction to an email to their marriage counselor.

“I received an irate call from Eric, who suggested I had deliberately and maliciously sent accusations of child abuse to a) the St. Louis Circuit Attorney, b)special prosecutor Jean Peters Baker, and c)the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and that I was trying to stab him in the back, that I was ‘hateful and disgusting,’ nasty,’ ‘vicious,’ and a ‘lying ****,’” she wrote. “This seemed to me to verge onto open paranoia.”

So she put the kids in the car, she said in an interview with The Independent, drove to the airport in St. Louis and called her husband to tell him she was going to visit her parents.

She says she fled because she didn’t know if he had access to a firearm and feared he would kill the family if he followed through on his threats to kill himself.

“That became a concern in June of 2018,” Sheena Greitens said. “That was why I left with the children. His anger was now being directed at me and the children and I could not guarantee their safety.”

That email, along with others from those weeks following Eric Greitens’ departure from office, were provided to The Independent this week by Sheena Greitens and her attorney.

She said there are two reasons she provided the emails and agreed break her silence with an interview about her marriage. 

One is his repeated accusations by her ex-husband that she is lying in their ongoing child custody case in Boone County. 

The other is that the fear she felt in those days was rekindled by the “RINO Hunt” video, posted to her ex-husband’s Senate campaign social media pages Monday depicting a SWAT-style raid.

Four Eye-Popping Moments from Arizona GOP Senate Debate

An energy tycoon, a billionaire-backed populist, Arizona’s attorney general head the list of candidates vying for the Republican nomination in this year’s U.S. Senate race.

And if the antics at a GOP debate on Thursday were any indication, they all want to push the seat far to the right.

An older — but energized — crowd of more than a thousand packed into the Hyatt Regency in downtown Phoenix to attend the debate, cheering and heckling their favorites. Incumbent Democrat Mark Kelly is up for re-election this year, and in November will face one of the five candidates who took the stage on Thursday.

When Kelly won his Senate seat in 2020, beating out incumbent Republican Martha McSally, it was the first time Arizona sent two Democrats to the Senate in decades. So this time around, the race is again likely to be extremely competitive. On August 2, the primary election will decide who Kelly’s GOP challenger will be.

The GOP candidates are: Mark Brnovich, currently Arizona’s top prosecutor, who has taken a sharp turn to the right in recent months; Jim Lamon, a wealthy businessman who founded DEPCOM Power, a solar company, and who has poured millions into his own campaign; Blake Masters, a venture capitalist from Tucson who is backed by former president Donald Trump and bankrolled by Peter Thiel, the billionaire founder of PayPal.

Here’s a breakdown of the craziest — and most revealing — moments of the debate:

• Mark Brnovich is heckled by an angry crowd over his failure to prosecute supposed “election fraud” and retorts: "Shut the hell up."

• Jim Lamon rants about outsourcing manufacturing to China … despite his plentiful business dealings in China.
  • Masters calls for President Joe Biden to be impeached over “invasion” at the border.

• Lamon brags about being a fake elector

• Haha 1