Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

13 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

"I called him a QAnon whack job. I don't think he has any business being the nominee and he has no chance to win the race whatsoever," Hogan said.

Hogan is going to end up with whatever group Liz Cheney creates in hopes of going back to NeoCon Republicanism. 

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Hogan is going to end up with whatever group Liz Cheney creates in hopes of going back to NeoCon Republicanism. 

There is realpy not much difference if any at all, in what they believe and the Magats. And in a few years when Trump is 100% toxic, they will probably pretend like his version of the GOP never existed.

• Like 1

The 2nd quarter GDP numbers come out Thursday.  If it shows we are in a recession; that could be a fatal blow to the Dems. The gop margin of victory in the house, will lean towards the higher estimates. The Senate where the Dems could pick up seats because of bad gop candidates ; could go to the gop. Meaning some of Those idiots like Walker, could win anyway.

I know some feel abortion or the 1/6 hearings could tip things. Nope. People are voting this fall on what effects them the most. That's still is inflation. I think abortion won't be a factor to tip elections until 24.

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

We need a recession.  The best way for inflation to ease is for supply to catch up with demand and the best way to reduce demand is a recession.

If thats the excuse that racist morons need to vote for Nazis, so be it.  They get the government they deserve.

You can have recession easily. Fed just do what Volker did under Carter- Reagan and raise rates so high; we go into a deep recession that will kill in inflation. This Fed doesn’t want to do that. When they raise rates this week; it won’t be enough.

Unfortunately, the gop wins everything this fall; the will work hard to rig it so we become that dictatorship under Trump or Desantis in 25.

7 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I'm seeing pro-woman and pro-choice ads on Hulu hear in Texas. Of course it's on Austin channels so that may be something.

Edited to add: there's also a lot of pro Abbott ads, pro-fossil fuels ads, pro-tech ads for allowing any kind of ads on social media. It's a Red state so the ads bleed Red.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

Snowflakes can't even answer legitimate questions:

Senate Candidate Blake Masters Snaps at Fox News Host for Confrontational Interview: Questions Sound Like They’re Coming From My Opponent’s Campaign

Trump-endorsed U.S. Senate candidate from Arizona, Blake Masters, went after Fox News podcast host Jessica Rosenthal during a recent interview.

Rosenthal is host of The Fox News Rundown podcast, and had the Senate hopeful on the show Saturday. It didn’t take long for Masters to become irritated with Rosenthal’s questions, even accusing her of collaborating with his Republican opponent Jim Lamon’s campaign to formulate the questions.

“Hey, lemme interrupt you for a second,” Masters interjected, “All these questions — I’m happy to chat with you, but all these questions are taking the form of ‘Your critics say — your critics say this would –‘ It sounds like these questions are like coming from the Jim Lamon campaign.”

“But I just wanted to flag that because halfway through this interview, I’m feeling like you’re pretty interested in just going through the bullet points of ‘Critics say, critics say.'”

“Most critics are not saying that, which is why I’m in the lead. How about that?” Masters pushed back.

“That’s a fine answer, but I’m also asking these questions because I’m curious about your response to what those critics say — that this is what happens when a candidate is in the lead,” Rosenthal replied.

“My views super clear on Big Tech. So like ‘Blake, what’s the plan to regulate Big Tech?’ as opposed to ‘Blake, your critics are saying –‘ and then it’s just Jim Lamon talking point,” Masters snapped.

The exchange didn’t end there, Rosenthal then asked about Masters previous comments from March when he stated that the Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski was a “subversive thinker that’s underrated,” during another podcast appearance.

She began, “I don’t want to agitate you further, but I do wanna ask you about the Ted Kaczynski thing –”

“Of course you do,” Masters interrupted.

“You have said that you do think people should read, um, the Unabomber’s, writing, Industrial Society and Its Future,” she pressed. “Some may find it jarring that you did say that that was something that you think people should read. Do you stand by that?”

“I’m not gonna focus on this,” Masters said. “You can go back and look at what I said and you know, if you wanna go read the essay, go read it, call me back. We’ll talk about it. But I, but this is, yeah, I’m glad the Jim Lamon campaign gave you talking points, man, they are desperate.”

Click on the link for the full article

Crist slams DeSantis on property insurance crisis, says he’d fire insurance commissioner

It’s been two months since Florida’s special session to address the state’s property insurance crisis, when Gov. Ron DeSantis signed legislation aimed at stabilizing the market. But homeowners remain in limbo and the two top Democrats who want to replace the governor say more needs to be done.

Florida narrowly avoided a new property insurance disaster on Monday when a ratings agency delayed the downgrade of more than 20 companies. Although Demotech backed away from the immediate downgrade of more than 20 insurers this week, the downgrades – which experts say would cause financial chaos – are still possible.

The close call sparked one candidate to hold a news conference late Tuesday.

“Ron DeSantis is the single worst governor,” Rep. Charlie Crist said during his news conference.

Crist, a Democrat representing part of Tampa Bay in the U.S. House and former Republican who served as Florida’s governor in 2007, is running for the job again. He stopped in Tampa on Tuesday to address the ongoing property insurance crisis – as homeowners are seeing premiums double and insurance companies are failing or limiting business.

“Oh, quick – you know, I’ve had experience in this area,” he said.

Crist pointed to his record in addressing the troubled market years ago.

“We did it within a week, that session, and we were able to drop rates 10 percent,” Crist said. “If you have insurance companies that don’t want to serve the people, tell them to get out of here.”

Click on the link for the full article

A Missouri Voter's Guide to the Most Bat**** Senate Race in History

slide1.jpeg?cb=1658945516

Missouri Senate Candidates Mark McCloskey, Eric Schmitt, and Eric Greitens love their weapons.

Primary season is upon us once more, Missouri, and with it comes the usual cavalcade of compulsively ambitious monsters, creeps and ghouls, clawing and flailing desperately in the hopes of securing your vote in an attempt to make their way into the halls of power.

And nowhere is that description more accurate than on the Republican side of the aisle. Ever since soon-to-be-former Senator Roy Blunt announced he would not seek reelection this term, thereby ripping open a fresh hellmouth from which the most hideous creatures imaginable have emerged, those slouching beasts have been crawling all over one another in the hopes of obtaining that most coveted of prizes: an endorsement from former President Donald Trump.

So far, Trump has declined to offer an endorsement in the race, but with the big day nearing, it seems likely that he will soon. In keeping, we're running down all the candidates most likely to get the nod — oh, and also Vicky Hartzler.

Candidate: Eric Greitens
Current job: Governor Navy SEAL Exercise instructor Unclear
Best known for: Resigning in disgrace as Missouri's governor after getting caught being a creep
Latest scandal we don't even have time to get into: Allegations of child abuse, spousal abuse
Weapon of choice: Piles and piles of guns, duct tape
Special skills: Shoehorning the words "Navy SEAL" into literally every conversation

Candidate: Billy Long
Current job: U.S. representative, Springfield
Best known for: Being an actual auctioneer, wearing a cool cowboy hat
Weapon of choice: The rapid-fire sound of his own voice
Redeeming quality: Drowned out far-right internet personality and untethered lunatic Laura Loomer by deploying his auctioneering patter when she crashed a House hearing

Candidate: Mark McCloskey
Current job: Disgraced lawyer
Best known for: Pulling a gun on a crowd of people for no good reason, then making that ill-advised decision his entire identity
Weapon of choice: An AR-15, until he surrendered that to the state. Lately, a chainsaw
Archenemy: Bees

Candidate: Eric Schmitt
Current job: 43rd attorney general of Missouri
Best known for: Wasting taxpayer money on both sides by relentlessly suing Missouri's schools, also China
Weapon of choice: Blowtorch
Fun fact: You could easily fit two Mark McCloskeys inside Schmitt's considerably tall body

Click on the link for the rest

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I still haven't decided which primary I'm voting in.  Missouri has open primary so I can choose either one, just not both.  Voting in the Dem one will just be voting for whoever want to lose in the general.  

If you and the Mrs. are looking for something to do this weekend

• Haha 2

GDP fell 0.9% in the second quarter, the second straight decline and a strong recession signal 

2 straight quarters of decline is what they usually say for conditions for a recession.

The government hasn't officially declared a recession but the GOP will be pouncing with this news.

This probably means the gop win total will be towards the higher estimates. Going to be  a wipeout; the only Dems left might just be progressives.

This could even impact the Senate races.    Idiots candidates vs a recession- will have to see who wins there..