Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

44 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

What did Trent net us??? a 3rd and a 5th right? And he's better than Brown. Offer a  third this year and a 5th next year. 

Trent was older, has/had an injury and weed history, and we had no leverage. Initially we were actually offered 1st rounders during the 2019 season by I believe the Browns and the Patriots but Bruce effing Allen turned them down. After the 2019 season we basically destroyed his value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Trent was older, has/had an injury and weed history, and we had no leverage. Initially we were actually offered 1st rounders during the 2019 season by I believe the Browns and the Patriots but Bruce effing Allen turned them down. After the 2019 season we basically destroyed his value.

that rumor was disproved as I remember

So much for my high opinion of Alex Smith. He kinda struck me as a 'dim bulb' and his latest comments confirm that assessment. I don't mean 'dim' as in intellectually or athletically stupid, I mean in terms of emotional intelligence. Considering that he was in a coma, almost died from infection, and almost lost his leg, it's stunning he would be incapable of understanding why the team would be careful with him, especially with a new coaching regime. Would he have preferred the opposite, where they made him run 'Oklahoma drills' or act as a tackling dummy as soon as he came back to the team??

I understand he had more 'faith' in his healing abilities than the team, or even his own doctors. Good for him. 99% of rational people, however, would not have predicted his eventual comeback, and they shouldn't be disrespected by him just because he proved them wrong. This isn't a case of an over-hyped athlete who gets cut from a team (ex. Antonio Brown) and then complaining that the team that cut him "is gonna miss me." Is Smith blind to his own sub-par play when he came back?? Does he or his father ever watch his game film???

But it could have been worse...can you imagine Larry Michael coming up to him and saying "Hey Alex, since you're unable to walk well maybe you can help me edit some of these cheerleader videos in your spare time." Now THAT would have been interesting!

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Orlando Brown to KC for their first, third and fourth.  KC also gets the 58 pick.  A pair of late round 2022 picks get swapped.

More than I think should have been given up AND considering your going to be paying out a big contract.

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

More than I think should have been given up AND considering your going to be paying out a big contract.

Makes sense though for the Chiefs. They're in win now mode and their OL was garbagio in the Super Bowl.

But yeah quite the haul. That's why I laughed when someone suggested we could get Brown AND the 27th pick for just 19. Guaranteed proven studs are worth a premium.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Makes sense though for the Chiefs. They're in win now mode and their OL was garbagio in the Super Bowl.

But yeah quite the haul. That's why I laughed when someone suggested we could get Brown AND the 27th pick for just 19. Guaranteed proven studs are worth a premium.

I think the Washington 19 would’ve gotten it done over this deal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

That's not a good deal for us imo considering the contract you have to dole out with it.

Oh ya, zero interest in trading for him. I have very little idea of his physical talent, but when I see stats about him not giving up any sacks in that scheme and QB, it doesn’t necessarily surprise me. 

I was replying to the other poster that the Washington 1st round pick has more value than what the Chiefs gave and got. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The Ravens included their second rounder in the deal. Not quite the haul the headline implies.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how good Brown is. I thought he would likely end up a RT out of college, but what I saw of him last year he looked impressive at LT. People who saw more of him would have to decide if he wasn't as good as I thought he looked.

But if he's close to it, then getting him for the equivalent of an early to mid 2nd round choice, even with only one year on his rookie deal, is a good deal for KC. I'm more surprised Baltimore gave him to their main rival for the conference title. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I'm not sure how good Brown is. I thought he would likely end up a RT out of college, but what I saw of him last year he looked impressive at LT. People who saw more of him would have to decide if he wasn't as good as I thought he looked.

But if he's close to it, then getting him for the equivalent of an early to mid 2nd round choice, even with only one year on his rookie deal, is a good deal for KC. I'm more surprised Baltimore gave him to their main rival for the conference title. 

Maybe they'd rather play against him in the Championship than the Super Bowl....  Also, it's possible he had to cooperate with a trade.  A no-trade clause is just a contactual version of a "Hell no, i'm not going there" position.

Due to the number of holes still on WFT's roster and the possibility of moving up to grab a QB I thought I would check out possible FA'a available at a few key positions that may not be addressed. Their name is followed by age (which are mostly over 30). 

LB Wright 32

LB Alexander 27 - coming off injury

LB Hewitt 28

LB Goodson 28

S Hooker 25 - lots of injury history

S Boston 29

CB Nelson 28

CB Poole 28

CB Dennard 29

CB Hayward 31

CB Richard Sherman 33

TE Burton 29

TE Rodgers 29

TE Eifert 30

LT Fisher 30 - coming off an Achilles 

LT Okung 32

RT/LT Mitchell Schwartz 33

RT Wagner 31

WR Brown 33

WR Tate 33

WR Stills 29

WR Jeffrey 31

WR Westbrook 27

RB Bell 29

RB Johnson 27

RB Gurly 27

RB McKinnon 29

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 4/15/2021 at 11:10 AM, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I watch a ton of basketball......if you do as well, you know that all basketball big men arent built the same. You think just because he's a "basketball player" that if (pre injury) Kevin Durant stepped on a field as a TE he would have an impact? Durant has never been an "explosive" player athletically. Robert Lopez (Wizards Center) wouldnt make an impact, because he's not an explosive player athletically. 

Then you have athletically NBA players who run up and down the floor like deer. Guys with anticipation jumping for the rebound before the ball bounces off the rim (Russell Westbrook). Then you have players who dont rely on their athletic ability as much as their other abilities/skills (Paul Pierce).

Long story short, all NBA players arent built the same. You cant just say, the guy played basketball and so its going to translate. Some of the guys who made it were freaks athletically. Look at old basketball videos of Gonzalez, Julius Peppers, Antonio Gates....they were ballers....then watch basketball video or Reyes.....You can be a gym warrior all you want, but that doesnt automatically make you a natural athlete. 

Sorry you can’t see what a great athlete he is already. 

He has so far to go before he can be a football player, but the tools are real. 

13 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Due to the number of holes still on WFT's roster and the possibility of moving up to grab a QB I thought I would check out possible FA'a available at a few key positions that may not be addressed. Their name is followed by age (which are mostly over 30). 

LB Wright 32

LB Alexander 27 - coming off injury

LB Hewitt 28

LB Goodson 28

S Hooker 25 - lots of injury history

S Boston 29

CB Nelson 28

CB Poole 28

CB Dennard 29

CB Hayward 31

CB Richard Sherman 33

TE Burton 29

TE Rodgers 29

TE Eifert 30

LT Fisher 30 - coming off an Achilles 

LT Okung 32

RT/LT Mitchell Schwartz 33

RT Wagner 31

WR Brown 33

WR Tate 33

WR Stills 29

WR Jeffrey 31

WR Westbrook 27

RB Bell 29

RB Johnson 27

RB Gurly 27

RB McKinnon 29

Can’t believe Nelson is still a FA. If he’s around after the draft and we can’t grab a good prospect on the outside Day 1 or Day 2, I’d bring Nelson in on a 1 year $4M-$6M deal and have Fuller play a lot of slot and safety. If this seems like overkill, just remember that injuries in the secondary are way too common and depth pays off. We were very lucky that Darby stayed healthy last year because if he had missed time, we wouldn’t have made the playoffs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, method man said:

Can’t believe Nelson is still a FA. If he’s around after the draft and we can’t grab a good prospect on the outside Day 1 or Day 2, I’d bring Nelson in on a 1 year $4M-$6M deal and have Fuller play a lot of slot and safety. If this seems like overkill, just remember that injuries in the secondary are way too common and depth pays off. We were very lucky that Darby stayed healthy last year because if he had missed time, we wouldn’t have made the playoffs

The available CB's may be better and healthier than the other positions.

They need a FS and CB but will probably only be able to address one in the first 4-5 rounds. If top CB doesn't fall to them at 19 I believe they go FS on day two and I would be dialing up Nelson or whichever one they like the most, Friday night.

19 minutes ago, redskinss said:

What is Julio Jones worth?

At his age is he still worth valuable draft picks or is he one of those trades you make to help another team with their salary cap while giving up a mid to late round pick or two?

If the cap wasn't considered, a 2nd rounder would be fair. Considering his cap hit in a shrunken cap year, a 3rd is more than fair. 

The draft is also loaded at WR, so there's that.

Edited by SemperFi Skins