Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I hear what your saying, but as a FA, Trent wants as many suitors as possible.

It almost sounds like you're saying that Trent would only use us as a bargaining tool, in order to get more money elsewhere ; with no serious intention of actually signing with us.

Is that what you mean ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I've heard some people say that Robinson would have no desire to come to a team like ours.

But if he really has a "like" for the Jets, surely he'd consider the Red Team, eh ?

Free agent WR Allen Robinson likes tweets linking him to Jets

https://www.radio.com/theteam980/sports/washington-football-team/free-agent-allen-robinson-likes-tweets-linking-him-to-jets

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It almost sounds like you're saying that Trent would only use us as a bargaining tool, in order to get more money elsewhere ; with no serious intention of actually signing with us.

Is that what you mean ?

I think he wants to get the most money possible.  Adding us to the mix helps him achieve that.  If we are the highest bidder (I don’t think we will or should), then I’d see him wanting to sign despite everything that happened in the past.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I think he wants to get the most money possible.  Adding us to the mix helps him achieve that.  If we are the highest bidder (I don’t think we will or should), then I’d see him wanting to sign despite everything that happened in the past.

I believe you're right.

I've heard quotes from, basically saying that he wants to at least test the market, so see what he's worth.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-free-agency-matchmaking-one-fit-for-each-nfc-team

2021 NFL free agency matchmaking: One fit for each NFC team

Washington Football Team
Washington Football Team

Allen Robinson

Allen Robinson
WR | Age: 27

Washington is in need of a replacement at outside linebacker and must add a corner or two, but with a ton of cap space relative to the projected decreased number, let's go big-game fishing. Robinson is likely either headed for a franchise tag or free agency, and if he hits the open market, he can fetch a healthy offer from Washington, which needs another high-quality receiver to pair with Terry McLaurin for whomever will be taking snaps for the Football Team.

21 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

But if he really has a "like" for the Jets, surely he'd consider the Red Team, eh ?

I wonder how many millions of reasons an impending FA would do something like that... mindboggling.

He's also said he would welcome a return to the Bears and Jags, two former teams. A-Rob is not dumb, he wants as many suitors as possible, so he will indicate that he will happily play anywhere. Then he will leverage those teams against each other to boost his paycheck and then choose a good situation, as history shows that will be a team with a commited to QB1.

The thing about the Jets is, either by trade or by draft, they have a clear pathway to a new QB1. As long as they promise A-Rob that the starting day QB will not be Darnold, NY is a viable destination for him as anyone who costs a #2 overall pick will have the franchises commitment.

Until we can tell him who he will be catching passes from, we are not a very viable destination for him.

4 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Any thoughts on Nicholas Morrow 26 year old LB from the raiders? He seems like a guy who would fit our free agency profile of someone ready to take the next step but still somewhat unproven, who would benefit playing with a d-line like ours. 

don't have much on him. He looks like 6' 220 with decent numbers and looks like he is quick and has some cover skills.

I asked earlier today about another LB, this one from the Jets.Both undrafted guys, pretty weird:

Neville Hewitt is a LB I find intriguing for WFT but do not have a ton of info on him and do not recall him mentioned in the thread.

He appears to have many of the top intangibles including leadership traits and has stats to prove his ability. Anyone have more on him and know how good he is in covering a TE or RB

He went undrafted in 2014 out of Marshall

I have seen him listed between 6'1 and 6'2 and between 220-236 has played both inside and outside mostly in a 3-4. He is 27 years old.

Last year he has 134 tackles with the Jets

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

This board is going to be off the chains starting March 15 through official start on the 17th. Going to be a fun few days wearing out the refresh key! 

I think the fact that we made the playoffs and have so much cap space is gonna make a difference for us in free agency. If we offer the same money as the Jets or some other teams you'd have to think that our arrow is pointing way up compared to some other franchises that have lots of cap space. The spots we lost in the draft by making the playoffs might be made up for by attracting bigger named free agents if we shoot for the moon. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I wonder if Trent would want to come back just because the culture has changed so much for the better and he wants to be around to be part of the coming success after suffering through the down years for so long? I doubt that's how players think but I'm sure he still has friends in DC and has likely heard nothing but positive things. Oh, and Bruce is gone. Bridges can be mended if the player wants to own up to his actions....same with organizations. All that being said I suspect Trent would want more money then we will be willing to offer.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Is it just me or Free Agency is on St. Patty's Day...and we sitting on a pot o'gold at the end of the Salary Cap Rainbow!

And on the 18th the rest of the NFCE will wake sick with a hangover as WFT just strengthened the **** out of their team

• Haha 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

And on the 18th the rest of the NFCE will wake sick with a hangover as WFT just strengthened the **** out of their team

I will personally enjoy watching the Eagles cut everyone, and the Cowboys have Cooper, Zeke, and Dak...and nothing else

• Like 3