Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Davante Adams is a FA, no?

Yes, that too. Anything and everything. He most likely gets resigned or franchised though. 

Get Beckham in and all of sudden the weapons look intriguing for a QB. I’m of the opinion the defense is trending up and will once again look like a strength by seasons end.

Edited by wit33

6 hours ago, wit33 said:

Yes, that too. Anything and everything. He most likely gets resigned or franchised though. 

Get Beckham in and all of sudden the weapons look intriguing for a QB. I’m of the opinion the defense is trending up and will once again look like a strength by seasons end.

The Washington weapons with OBJ

Rivera has preached the importance of culture.

When I think of players that represent culture, OBJ would be at the bottom of the list.

I am sure a 2 win team would be the last place he and his ego would want to play for.

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Rivera has preached the importance of culture.

When I think of players that represent culture, OBJ would be at the bottom of the list.

I am sure a 2 win team would be the last place he and his ego would want to play for.

Unless he returns to the 2 win Giants.....

30 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beckham is a horse's ass but this feels like a major buy-low opportunity to me, and we could use the help.

but seriously, amigo, why even take that situation on given the type of qb we're likely to be fielding next season, whether it's acquiring some available vet  (keeping in mind i don't see us getting a proven stud looking for a championship even if such goes on the market) or drafting a promising rook

neither would offer the kind of environment that seems conducive for adopting and adapting a diva dip**** head-tripping elevator-ride kind of guy, especially since his superbly awesome ceiling shows only intermittently for some time now

now if he goes to the right place---say kc, not that i think that's likely, obj might be more like what he was and could make it there

here he would just be another problem

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

but seriously, amigo, why even take that situation on given the type of qb we're likely to be fielding next season, whether it's acquiring some available vet  (keeping in mind i don't see us getting a proven stud looking for a championship even if such goes on the market) or drafting a promising rook

neither would offer the kind of environment that seems conducive for adopting and adapting a diva dip**** head-tripping elevator-ride kind of guy, especially since his superbly awesome ceiling shows only intermittently for some time now

now if he goes to the right place---say kc, not that i think that's likely, obj might be more like what he was and could make it there

here he would just be another problem

On the upside though...he could help in the kicking game.

1b90ev.gif.8c1f0c7e70393475be9645f9fb23615b.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Call me crazy, but the culture is the strength of the team at this point. Culture doesn’t equal winning, need talent. Part of the motivation would be to increase the number of weapons for the starting QB next season. 

This staff and leaders can handle a Beckham type personality. The dude checks the boxes in many categories Ron values in rebuilding a culture: relentless worker at his craft and plays with a great motor. 

Why should a contender get the buy low opportunity at a talent like Beckham. Bring him in and give 8-10 looks per game the rest of the season and see how it fits.

He desires production to lock in another deal, can’t blame the man. Washington can provide him opportunities to produce. 

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

The culture is damn good. Lol. You know which teams don't talk about culture? Winning teams. Losing teams always talk about culture because it's a last ditch effort to sell people on a bad team.

Your post has bad culture. It belongs at harvest fest.

• Haha 2

If we bring in OBJ wouldn't it be a one year deal? (off waivers)

That does not exactly help or lure a QB next year when he is not on the roster.

I think you have to focus mostly on this years impact for a guy like OBJ.

Sure you could re-sign him, but you could also sign someone else next yr for the same effect.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Winning teams don’t talk about culture because it’s a given, there’s no need to talk about it.

I feel the opposite, that’s a large part of what winning teams communicate to the media and fans. 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Bringing on OBJ is just inviting drama to spoil whatever culture you have going on.  He whined his way out of Baker Mayfield, and we are fielding Taylor Heineke.  Gee, sounds fun to deal with.

He seems to want to be fed the ball and given consistent opportunities to be productive. Not saying it’s a slam dunk type situation, but I can find value in making the move. 

Most likely it will be a case where the rich get richer. Somehow it’s a good idea for team winning to acquire more talent, but not a bad team desperate for talent. It’s often situational, but my guess is Odell wanting to be productive to secure another pay day and legacy. 

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

The mere idea of bringing in OBJ is such a Snyder way of thinking. So chew on that those of you who think we should bring him in. Your thought process is identical to Dan.

Yawn.

Not every risky move is a Snyder move. By far the riskiest team of the last 20 years is the Patriots, and well… that’s been okay for them. The winning teams I find are the riskiest and take advantage of when mediocre franchises attempt to protect their mediocrity by not taking risks. 

Take risks that don’t mortgage anything futures related and cycle them in and out. Odell flops here, who cares, keep it moving in the off season. That’s what winning franchises do. 

7 hours ago, wit33 said:

Call me crazy, but the culture is the strength of the team at this point. Culture doesn’t equal winning, need talent. Part of the motivation would be to increase the number of weapons for the starting QB next season. 

This staff and leaders can handle a Beckham type personality. The dude checks the boxes in many categories Ron values in rebuilding a culture: relentless worker at his craft and plays with a great motor. 

Why should a contender get the buy low opportunity at a talent like Beckham. Bring him in and give 8-10 looks per game the rest of the season and see how it fits.

He desires production to lock in another deal, can’t blame the man. Washington can provide him opportunities to produce. 

I wouldn't touch OBJ.  He's still viewed as a rockstar around the league by players and a lot of fans.  Giant and Browns players loved him because he's very giving when it comes to shoes, headphones and other clothing items he gets for free.  And he seems like a good guy to be around.  That said, he walks to the beat of his own drum on gamedays.  He was disrupting the flow of the Browns offense because he wasn't getting to the spots he was supposed to be and then pouted when he didn't get the ball.  But yet the young players in the locker room still cultivate to him because of his persona.  He's like an enchantress.  That's the danger with him and I wouldn't want him around Chase, Terry, etc. who all idolized him since back when they were in HS.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, drowland said:

I wouldn't touch OBJ.  He's still viewed as a rockstar around the league by players and a lot of fans.  Giant and Browns players loved him because he's very giving when it comes to shoes, headphones and other clothing items he gets for free.  And he seems like a good guy to be around.  That said, he walks to the beat of his own drum on gamedays.  He was disrupting the flow of the Browns offense because he wasn't getting to the spots he was supposed to be and then pouted when he didn't get the ball.  But yet the young players in the locker room still cultivate to him because of his persona.  He's like an enchantress.  That's the danger with him and I wouldn't want him around Chase, Terry, etc. who all idolized him since back when they were in HS.  

We need to take a shot at Odell.  Worked out well when we picked up Desean Jackson and DeAngelo Hall....didn't work out too well with Josh Norman but Odell has so much upside it's worth it.  Cut him if it doesn't work out.  Screw culture and all that other crap, we need ball players not boy scouts.  If Ron can handle Josh Norman and Cam Newton then Odell should be a walk in the park.

40 minutes ago, Dexter said:

We need to take a shot at Odell.  Worked out well when we picked up Desean Jackson and DeAngelo Hall....didn't work out too well with Josh Norman but Odell has so much upside it's worth it.  Cut him if it doesn't work out.  Screw culture and all that other crap, we need ball players not boy scouts.  If Ron can handle Josh Norman and Cam Newton then Odell should be a walk in the park.

You only take "shots" like that if you are a contending team.  Dude is a complete headache. Forget about it. DJax would be a better grab.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

You only take "shots" like that if you are a contending team.  Dude is a complete headache. Forget about it. DJax would be a better grab.

You can shoot all you want but do either of the these two even would want to come and help a 2-6 team...lol

19 hours ago, wit33 said:

Any QB who puts ability above character probably can read neither the room nor opposing defenses. Comments appreciated. Been a long time...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dexter said:

OBJ is a different animal them all the guys you mentioned.  He hasn't been that good in 5 years yet he's built a larger them life persona on social media where he's probably still the most famous NFL player behind Brady.  And he's treated that way by teammates and fans.  So when he gets out on the field and zigs when the coaches and QB are expecting him to zag, it becomes "he's not being used right" no matter how many 3rd and 4th down passes he drops.  And then all the media talks about is him and they ask Chase about him and he'll say "they should throw him the ball more" and the coaches are just left 🤦‍♂️.

Cam is the closest to being on the same level but not sure how Ron "handled" him.  They both left Carolina on a whimper.

Edited by drowland