Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Would be excited if we targeted Brown as well.  We need help at the MLB position.  So Jonnu and Brown I'd be happy with too. 

The reporter talked about Mariota too.  In short he said he looked like he was on the verge of stardom but injuries took its toll and halted his progress and he played more skittish afterwards.  He said he was a really good dude when he was there. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The reporter talked about Mariota too.  In short he said he looked like he was on the verge of stardom but injuries took its toll and halted his progress and he played more skittish afterwards.  He said he was a really good dude when he was there. 

Yeah, I think Mariota needs a new home and with Zampese being his teacher I think he might be able to get the best out of him.  If we were to sign Mariota once he's released I think we'd go LOT in the 1st round.  We pretty much have the other areas covered on the OL although we need depth at T and G and I'd expect RR to do the same as he did last year w/the OL.  It also helps our OL to have legit TEs multiple ones for the O that Turner runs along with Samuels.  I think our O could generate points and our D would feed off our O's production.  Just a hunch.  :)

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Titans are really going to let Brown and Smith walk? They're pretty important pieces of their team. Seems odd.

The Titans I was listening too thought they'd big time try to keep Jonnu but while they like Brown a lot that would let him go for cap reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Titans I was listening too thought they'd big time try to keep Jonnu but while they like Brown a lot that would let him go for cap reasons. 

Options.  We can sign Jonnu and Brown we can outbid or Brown and Samuels and draft a TE.  I like Tremble from ND and BC Hunter Long in the mid rounds.  Tremble probably goes no later than the late 2nd early 3rd.  Just guessing.

Edited by RWJ

Jonnu Smith would be a fantastic add. This team desperately needs Tight Ends. It was great Logan Thomas emerged last year. But there's literally nothing behind him, so thank god he stayed healthy. The team will likely need to draft a TE and sign one.

Was also surprised to realize that Kenny Golladay is 3 years old then Juju Smith-Schuster and Curtis Samuel. That's a big plus for those younger guys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Vikes cut OT Reiff.

I remember last year, there was a lot of fan interest in him, when there was rumors he would be cut.

And judging by reactions from Vikes' fans, it sounds like he's still got it.

The ultimate compliment paid to him, by multiple fans ; "claiming" they're quitting being fans of the team, because of this last straw. Actually seen some say they're going to latch onto the Jets instead. Lol

I typically take most fans' reactions with a grain of salt, but this got my attention.

Anyway, he's 32, and I would still look for a LT and RT for the future, but he could provide good depth. Or stopgap if we can't find our future starter this offseason.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Vikes cut OT Reiff.

I remember last year, there was a lot of fan interest in him, when there was rumors he would be cut.

And judging by reactions from Vikes' fans, it sounds like he's still got it.

The ultimate compliment paid to him, by multiple fans ; "claiming" they're quitting being fans of the team, because of this last straw. Actually seen some say they're going to latch onto the Jets instead. Lol

I typically take most fans' reactions with a grain of salt, but this got my attention.

Anyway, he's 32, and I would still look for a LT and RT for the future, but he could provide good depth. Or stopgap if we can't find our future starter this offseason.

They’re claiming that they are going to become Jets fans because Reiff was cut? An offensive tackle? Good lord. That might be enough internet for me today 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, max21 said:

They’re claiming that they are going to become Jets fans because Reiff was cut? An offensive tackle? Good lord. That might be enough internet for me today 

Well that and the are jealous of their 1969 Super Bowl Win and Sam Darnold

• Haha 2

Now that Scherff is tagged, Darby may be our most important FA to re-sign.

But I'm concerned about Moreau possibly leaving. I really like him, and think he will continue to improve, possibly enough to replace Darby when he quits.

And I know he's getting interest from other teams. One possible team that would find him useful, is SF.

But even Darby isn't a sure thing, as he's getting interest elsewhere, too...

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Now that we have an established cap we will probably see a healthy amount of cuts today.

Other teams in the east have some interesting choices coming up. NYG and DAL still need to move some money around to bring in FAs at needed positions. PHI still has a few bombs to take just to get under the cap.

should have some good news in the next several days regardless of what we do ourselves.

• Like 2

Riley Reiff could definitely step in and start here for 2 or 3 seasons. As could Norwell. Maybe not the best approach to load up on too many vets at that level though. Plenty of OL to go at in FA and the draft though. That Scherff tag situation doesn’t look the best long term move to me. Got to think something will give on that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I have this feeling that Scherff is open to being traded and the team has discussed it with him as a plan B if they cant meet his contract needs.

The $18M just doesn't make sense, its bugging the **** out of me.

I dont get it

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

Yeah somethings gotta give there because they could sign a RG and pull that tag.  Those who remember the Norman deal, just sayin'.

The key there was that Norman didn’t sign his tag deal, so CAR were able to rescind. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I have this feeling that Scherff is open to being traded and the team has discussed it with him as a plan B if they cant meet his contract needs.

The $18M just doesn't make sense, its bugging the **** out of me.

$18 million is bugging the **** out of most of us. They had a year to do better than this. 

With the other FA G options available and the draft around the corner and many teams cap strapped I find it hard to believe a team will offer more than what he was offered. 

• Like 2

Just now, DWinzit said:

$18 million is bugging the **** out of most of us. They had a year to do better than this. 

With the other FA G options available and the draft around the corner and many teams cap strapped I find it hard to believe a team will offer more than what he was offered. 

I admire Rivera’s theory about keeping our own. He is trying to portrait that message. But I bet this situation is pissing him off too, especially with so many alternatives coming available.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Nope not bugging me..I'll stick to the things that bug me that I can control thanks.

• Like 2

We are starting the 2021 ES Mock Draft! We will have 32 GMs and run the full 7 rd draft. The start date is Friday March 26th. We need a few GMs! This is good time to try your hand at what is the closest thing to being a real GM you can get and not get fired or lose money for making mistakes 🙂 It is a lot of fun. This will be my 6th season participating and I have a great time every year! 

Here a link to the thread!  Please read the rules (unfortunately you have to have those or it's utter chaos!) and if you are still interested please @COWBOY-KILLA- know. He will be the GM for this year - a repeat performance from last year where he did a great job!

The teams that need GMs as of last night are below (there are two prospective GMs that may have picked teams by now). Let @COWBOY-KILLA- know as soon as possible if you are interested. 

Bills

Cowboys

Bears

Lions

Texans

Seahawks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

I’m also slightly apprehensive of where these contract situations end. I really hope we don’t ‘overpay’ just to retain our own. Should be a very interesting few days. 

Come on, let’s win the offseason :ols:

• Like 1