Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

On 8/28/2023 at 3:46 PM, tshile said:

I would think it would be easier to put the trans woman in a woman’s prison block and do things in a way to creates the most protected environment for everyone 

I would think putting a trans woman in a men’s prison block would be significantly harder to control. 

that said I’m not convinced at all a trans woman is not at high risk even in a women’s prison. 

The county jail I worked in for a year?  I saw 2 trans inmates.  (Separate occasions, not together.)  They had to be housed in their own private cell, for their entire time.  

There simply wasn't any other safe way to do it.  

Now granted, I'm not sure  (And I'm not sure if I'm violating some kind of rule, even to ask this question) "how trans" this person is.  

I also assume that the federal prison system has rules for these things.  (It's a prison.  They have a rule for everything.  That's kind of what they're for.)  I assume it's being followed.  

They have to keep her safe.  (And everybody else, from her.)  

If that means she spends 8 years in a cell by herself, then I guess that's what has to happen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Judge rejects Navarro’s ‘executive privilege’ claim for defying Jan. 6 committee

Peter Navarro, a former senior White House adviser to former President Donald Trump, failed to prove that Trump asserted executive privilege to block him from testifying to the House Jan. 6 select committee, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

The ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta keeps on track Navarro’s Sept. 5 contempt-of-Congress trial, where he will face jurors on two charges that he defied the committee’s subpoena for testimony and documents related to Navarro’s role in Trump’s bid to subvert the 2020 election.

Navarro has long claimed that Trump asserted privilege to block him from appearing before the Jan. 6 select committee in early 2022 when the panel subpoenaed him. But Navarro has never produced direct evidence to back that claim and, more importantly, Trump and his attorneys have repeatedly declined to say whether Navarro was accurately reflecting their conversations.

Mehta cited Trump’s refusal to corroborate Navarro’s claims as the most compelling reason that he found Trump did not, in fact, seek to block Navarro’s testimony to the select committee.

“There was no formal invocation of executive privilege by [Trump] after personal consideration nor authorization to Mr. Navarro to invoke privilege on his behalf,” Mehta said.

Navarro’s trial, which is likely to be brief, will head to jury selection on Tuesday. Mehta’s ruling means the former Trump trade adviser will not be able to argue to the jury that he believed Trump asserted privilege and effectively blocked him from complying with aspects of the select committee’s subpoena.

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Larry said:

The county jail I worked in for a year?  I saw 2 trans inmates.  (Separate occasions, not together.)  They had to be housed in their own private cell, for their entire time.  

There simply wasn't any other safe way to do it.  

Now granted, I'm not sure  (And I'm not sure if I'm violating some kind of rule, even to ask this question) "how trans" this person is.  

I also assume that the federal prison system has rules for these things.  (It's a prison.  They have a rule for everything.  That's kind of what they're for.)  I assume it's being followed.  

They have to keep her safe.  (And everybody else, from her.)  

If that means she spends 8 years in a cell by herself, then I guess that's what has to happen.  

Generally speaking I think that’s considered bad for the prisoner. 

my point really was that my understanding is that the two systems are more or less the same - in some/many cases they’re really just different blocks of the same complex. The men are worse, but the women aren’t a cake walk either. I even said - I’m not so sure it’s all that much more safe. 

but in a general sense if I had a high risk person and had to ask if it’d be easier to keep them safe in a women’s prison or a men’s prison, I’d assume women’s although not by much. 

if they’re going to essentially be in solitary I suppose it doesn’t really matter which one. 

but on my list of things I give a **** about, which gender prison a trans anything should go in isn’t even on the list. 

'F*** all of you!' | Clear Creek County man arrested for taking part in Capitol insurrection

A Clear Creek County man has been arrested for taking part in the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, the U.S. Attorney's Office said Friday.

Todd Branden Casey, 53, of Georgetown, faces the following federal charges:

• Civil disorder (felony)
  • Assaulting, resisting or impeding certain officers (felony)
  • Entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds (misdemeanor)
  • Disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds (misdemeanor)
  • Engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds (misdemeanor)
  • Impeding passage through the Capitol grounds or buildings (misdemeanor)
  • Act of physical violence in the Capitol grounds or buildings (misdemeanor)

According to a criminal complaint, Casey approached a police line on the West Plaza of the Capitol about 2 p.m. Jan. 6, 2021. An officer's body-worn camera caught Casey shouting, "F*** you! F*** all of you! F*** all of you!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Proud Boys Leader Predicts Trump Will Pardon Him As He Bemoans Prison Food

Proud Boys leader Joseph Biggs has said he believes "with all my heart" that Donald Trump will pardon him in an online interview in which he also complained about the food in prison.

The U.S. Army veteran was sentenced to 17 years in prison earlier this week for his involvement in the January 6 riot at the Capitol in 2021. During his sentencing, Biggs praised former president Trump.

While speaking on the Alex Jones Show from jail via Skype, Biggs explained he held out hope the former president would pardon him if he won the 2024 presidential election.

He later added: "The food (in prison) is horrible. You can't eat the food here. It is not edible in any kind of way."

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1