Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

35 minutes ago, Larry said:

Couple posts in here are WAY too personal, folks.  

I'm shocked the things we allow.  Let's substitute some words and see if we would still allow it:

I'm opposed to transwomen blacks being housed with women whites because frequently women are their chosen prey. Why not create trans black persons prisons? 

Nah.

I'm opposed to trans  gay women being housed with women because frequently women are their chosen prey. Why not create trans gay persons prisons? 

Nope.

I can go on.  Anyone else say anything similar here and we'd label them MAGA fascists.  But there does seem to be a certain type of hate speech we see here.  And I'll continue to point it out.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm shocked the things we allow.  Let's substitute some words and see if we would still allow it:

I'm opposed to transwomen blacks being housed with women whites because frequently women are their chosen prey. Why not create trans black persons prisons? 

Nah.

I'm opposed to trans  gay women being housed with women because frequently women are their chosen prey. Why not create trans gay persons prisons? 

Nope.

I can go on.  Anyone else say anything similar here and we'd label them MAGA fascists.  But there does seem to be a certain type of hate speech we see here.  And I'll continue to point it out.

Then report her post.  (And I'll agree with you, BTW.)  

Don't attack the poster.  

• Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

Then report her post.  (And I'll agree with you, BTW.)  

Don't attack the poster.  

I went back and reread it after reading this.  I think it stayed in the lines.  It's her thoughts and posts and ideas I went after.  Guess if I'm gone for a week, you'll know I was wrong.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Anyone seen TheGreatBuzz lately? lol...

I'm still here for the time being.

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

@Califan007 The Constipated I heard @TheGreatBuzzis currently trying to get into a women’s prison. I’m not sure how that is going though. We’ll find out when she x’s next. 

Excuse me?

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm still here for the time being.

Excuse me?

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I have no idea what that means lol...

just jokes based on the trans post earlier. No trans woman would be caught in crocodile crocs. 

X’s was in replacement of tweets. It’s not twitter, so it shouldn’t be tweets anymore. 

When you have to explain jokes, you have a really bad joke. My philosophy is you win some you lose some. It all evens out in the end

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

just jokes based on the trans post earlier. No trans woman would be caught in crocodile crocs. 

Gotcha.  

All jokes aside, I've never been some trans-rights activist and it wasn't even really on my radar until I saw how LSF spoke about the trans community.   That make me start doing some more reading about how some people treat that community, etc and that's what made me take up the cause to begin with.  But that's probably enough of that.  The person in jail should be treated with some amount of decency, no matter what she is there for.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Gotcha.  

All jokes aside, I've never been some trans-rights activist and it wasn't even really on my radar until I saw how LSF spoke about the trans community.   That make me start doing some more reading about how some people treat that community, etc and that's what made me take up the cause to begin with.  But that's probably enough of that.  The person in jail should be treated with some amount of decency, no matter what she is there for.

i totally agree with your last sentence. I’m always surprised at people who are part of a marginalized community who are rightfully upset about it but they also turn the same anger and ugliness towards a different marginalized community. 

i am not saying that LSF does this because I do not know. I haven’t read previous posts of hers on the matter.  I’m just connecting dots between your post and hers. 

i now have a trans person in my family. I love him and I will stick up for him. He’s been through a ton. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

I would think it would be easier to put the trans woman in a woman’s prison block and do things in a way to creates the most protected environment for everyone 

I would think putting a trans woman in a men’s prison block would be significantly harder to control. 

that said I’m not convinced at all a trans woman is not at high risk even in a women’s prison. 

im also not sure I give a ****. So long as the person was correctly charged/convicted/sentenced. Prison really isn’t safe for anyone, regardless of character traits. So. Maybe don’t go to prison so you don’t have to worry about it. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tshile said:

im also not sure I give a ****. So long as the person was correctly charged/convicted/sentenced. Prison really isn’t safe for anyone, regardless of character traits. So. Maybe don’t go to prison so you don’t have to worry about it. 

Standard "This isn't a personal shot at you, just using your statement as a jumping off point" disclaimer.

And that right there is always the crux of the issue. I know this isn't the "Prison Reform Thread" or whatever, but it does fell appropriate to bring up in this thread anyway. The idea that "Eh, prison sucks, but we can't improve it so just don't do crime. Or be false convicted of a crime you didn't do, because until you're cleared we'll all just act like you're guilty anyway and pretend you deserve whatever happens to you even if we say we feel bad about it." I know we live in reality and have to deal with that, but in a truly just society a trans person would be safe in any prison they were put in, because everybody would be safe in prison. It wouldn't be a chaotic, survival-of-the-fittest, turn-a-blind-eye, free for all that we just kind of accept because we don't care what happens to bad people and don't expect prison guards to actually keep prisoners safe; not just because some of them might be (and has been proven repeatedly, some of the ARE) innocent, but because even criminals don't deserve to be beaten to death because some other group of prisoners doesn't like them.

And it fits this thread because you can see this realization coming, even if only as a political point, to supporters of Trump and the J6ers. People are appalled that the Insurrectionists are being put in regular prisons with regular prisoners where regular bad prison things might happen to them. Trump supporters are pissed that Trump might end up in the same sort of prison environment they love for...."other people"....but not for people like them. They love Darwinian prison environments for people they hate, but really, REALLY want prisons to actually have guards and rules and safety for people they like. For people who look and sound like them. That prison should only be bad for ACTUAL bad people, not good people like them who were just pawns of the system, dammit!

So the fact that a trans woman can't be in a woman's prison because she'll assault/rape women, and she can't go in a men's prison because she'll be assaulted/raped by the men, should be a major red flag that these are just...accepted facts? We just accept that the argument has to come down to whether a prisoner is a potential predator or potential prey, and we can't get enough people to take this as the earth-shattering indictment of the current prison system being in dire need of massive reform because we assume these are the only 2 outcomes?

But hey, just make sure you're never in a position where you/a family member/friend/etc. can be falsely accused of a crime and sent to prison to be brutalized for the mistake of doing nothing wrong and you won't have to spend even a single second worrying about how prisoners are treated. Private prisons? Corrupt guards? Innocent people getting caught up and hurt? Guilty people also being unjustly brutalized as a feature and not bug of the system? Those are problems for other people, hey look at this bull**** culture war problem we literally just made up to distract you and make you mad so you don't think too hard about things we don't want you thinking about!

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

The sentencing for Proud Boy insurrectionist Enrique Tarrio scheduled for 10:00 am today.  Prosecutors are asking for 33 years.  Fingers crossed he gets it.

The sentencing hearings for Tarrio and his associate Ethan Nordean were canceled "due to an emergency," according to the U.S. Attorney's Office for D.C. The office did not provide any specifics about the emergency and it is not yet clear when the hearing will be rescheduled.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/proud-boys-leader-convicted-seditious-conspiracy-role-jan/story?id=102647128