Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

10 hours ago, Forever A Redskin said:

In response to a meme, inferring that I need therapy if I think Antifa is real? We gonna start playing that game?

Well, all you are doing is playing a game. If you believe any of the BS that you spout, you are certainly insane.

THE JANUARY 6 MILITIA WITNESSES ARE COOPERATING WITH DOJ, PROBABLY NOT THE JANUARY 6 COMMITTEE

Liz Cheney made a comment in Thursday’s public hearing that has attracted some attention. As part of her explanation that the January 6 investigation is ongoing, she said,

As we present these initial findings, keep two points in mind. First, our investigation is still ongoing. So what we make public here will not be the complete set of information we will ultimately disclose. And second, the Department of Justice is currently working with cooperating witnesses and has disclosed to date only some of the information it has identified from encrypted communications and other sources.

Some have wondered whether this reflects some kind of insight into where the DOJ investigation is headed.

I doubt that Cheney’s comment reflects any greater insight into where DOJ is headed than I’ve gotten from tracking DOJ’s investigation closely, though as I’ll explain below, the Committee undoubtedly has non-public insight into how the militias coordinated with those close to Trump. (One possible — and important — exception to this assumption might be Joshua James, the Oath Keeper who is known to have testified in an NYPD inquiry targeting Roger Stone associate Sal Greco.)

While the Committee showed clips of depositions it had with Stewart Rhodes (pleading the Fifth in response to a question about arming members), Enrique Tarrio (expressing regret he didn’t monetize the Stand Back and Stand By comment), and Jeremy Bertino (who is Person-1 in the sedition indictment charging the Proud Boy leaders and who told the Committee that membership tripled in response to Trump’s comment), the more substantive claims about the militias on Thursday always cited the indictments against them, not evidence independently gathered by the Committee.

For example, Cheney described how Trump’s December 19, 2020 tweet, “initiated a chain of events. The tweet led to the planning for what occurred on January 6, including by the Proud Boys, who ultimately led the invasion of the Capitol and the violence on that day.” In his questioning of documentarian Nick Quested, Bennie Thompson likewise cited the indictment against the Proud Boys for claims about the lead-up to the attack.

Click on the link for the full article

Maybe, I am just misremembering history.  I thought in the wake of the the BLM protests, Joe Biden's stance was that peaceful, civil rights protests are a right and necessary,  but burning down communities, destroying property and shutting down businesses serves no purpose. And all Democratic political leaders made similae statements.  

I guess I forgot that the whole Democratic party, was so intent on violent protests -- they came up with a slogan "RIOT AND KILL!".... and then they spent a couple of months going in the media talking about how they want their followers to "RIOT AND KILL" and even held organized "RIOT AND KILL" rallies across the nation.  And they said, "If we don't riot and kill - America is no longer going to exist."  And it was months of systematic messaging and borderline conspiracy about George Floyd murder to get more people to join the "RIOT AND KILL" movement.  

What?  That never happened?  That's how Republicans treated the 2020 election? And what I describe is just some fantastical make believe so that people can attempt to draw fake equivalences?   It was "STOP THE STEAL"?  My bad.... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Jan. 6 Chair in Surprise Move Says Donald Trump Is Welcome to Testify – But Only ‘Under Oath’

The chairman of the House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack says he would “welcome” Donald Trump, the former president, to come testify, but made clear it would have to be “under oath.”

“We wanted to prove that this wasn’t something that just happened. It wasn’t a normal congressional tour and wasn’t traditional speech,” Chairman Bennie Thompson told MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace Friday afternoon on “Deadline White House,” after his highly-successful Thursday night primetime hearing.

Thompson’s “traditional speech” remark appeared to be a dig at Republican  National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel who said in February insurrectionists and rioters were merely engaging in “legitimate political discourse.”

“This was a riot,” Thompson continued. “This was an insurrection that was planned and orchestrated by Donald Trump.”

The House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack last year reportedly was planning on forcing Trump’s testimony but last month it was reported it would “likely” not attempt to interview Trump or invite him to testify.

Wallace, almost as an afterthought, said: “I have to ask you this, just based on your responses this afternoon, if Donald Trump asked to come and testify before the committee, would you accommodate that request?”

“Yes,” Thompson replied firmly.

“Wow. All right. Well, we will keep our eyes open,” Wallace pledged.

Thompson then threw in one condition.

“We welcome the former president, he will have to come under oath. He’s a citizen. And if he thinks he can come to our committee under oath, and perjure himself, then I would suggest he does not come.”

cc30fc466b399c4b4f4724b4fffaafda52f3052d

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

No wonder maga asshats like this guy. 😆

If I were a Maga asshat, I would probably make the excuse that there was a lot of funny business in the last election. Dirty politics with ballot harvesting and stuff like that. And be like, hey that’s politics. But MY views are still in the majority and I don’t have to qualify any of those statements cause Nancy Pelosi stopped the DC National guard personally so I know it’s true. 

Something like that. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 3

Former Fox News Political Editor Chris Stirewalt To Testify Before January 6th Committee

Chris Stirewalt, the Fox News political editor let go from the network in January 2021 said that he has been called to testify before the January 6th Committee and will do so on Monday.

“I have been called to testify before this committee, and I will do so on Monday,” Stirewalt said on NewsNation, where he serves as political editor.

He told anchor Adrienne Bankert that he was “not in a position now to tell you what my testimony will be about,” but said that he wanted to make a full disclosure.

The committee already has indicated that it would explore how Donald Trump’s false election claims were spread in the media.

Stirewalt was dropped from Fox News in January 2021, in what the network said was a restructuring. But Stirewalt later wrote that he was fired from the network after defending the Fox News decision desk’s call of Arizona for Joe Biden on Election Night, the first major signal that Trump would lose his bid for re-election. That triggered a backlash against the network by Trump and his supporters. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

FaR is gone for multiple rule violations and while his posted performance as a stereotypical disingenuous mindless partisan hack is hardly a new experience, neither unfortunately are soem other disappointing factors for me in this edition of  'dumbass bull**** unnecessarily extended ad nauseum'

now to the stadium to work on the deadbrain inability some show re: 'no politics in the stadium' 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

neither unfortunately are soem other disappointing factors for me in this edition of  'dumbass bull**** unnecessarily extended ad nauseum'

I know I did take it a little (maybe a lot) further than necessary, to the point of being off topic and getting on others nerves. I’ll manage myself better and not be as selfish when next we meet. Apologies everyone! 

A wise man once told me a story about a man  who walks down the street and into the same deep hole everyday….

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Just out of curiosity, what makes this a reliable source? I just want to verify before I start shoving it into peoples faces

It's an allegation only at this point.  Some inaccuracies in the initial GOP response has been shown, but nowhere enough evidence as of now to show reconnaissance tours.  But I would say enough to keep looking into as due diligence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/20/congress-tours-jan-6/

It seems entirely possible that a GOP lawmaker did give a tour to someone who ultimately stormed the Capitol; there were lots of people in Washington, and we now know at least one GOP lawmaker made himself available to give a tour.

Whether any such tour was part of a planning operation — or whether the member would even have known that — is another matter. The onus is on the members making those more far-reaching accusations to substantiate them; otherwise it looks like too much overheated rhetoric.

But Republicans have strained to acknowledge even the possibility of more anodyne tours. Now we learn there was indeed one, at least.

The question from there is how committed the Jan. 6 committee is to exploring this question — or whether it merely wants to put out there that a tour of some kind took place, substantiating what some Democrats (though not all) were saying. Thus far, what we know remains in the mushy middle.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It's an allegation only at this point.  Some inaccuracies in the initial GOP response has been shown, but nowhere enough evidence as of now to show reconnaissance tours.  But I would say enough to keep looking into as due diligence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/20/congress-tours-jan-6/

Yea ok that’s what I figured. I remember they caught the one guy in a lie. But if there was indeed CCTV footage and we haven’t seen it by now, I would think they would have dropped it during that first committee hearing. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Yea ok that’s what I figured. I remember they caught the one guy in a lie. But if there was indeed CCTV footage and we haven’t seen it by now, I would think they would have dropped it during that first committee hearing. 

They might bring it up when discussing those elected officials who tried to broker a pardon, because giving reconnaissance tours to insurrectionists on Jan 5 would surely fall under the category of illegal actions in support of an insurrection.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

They might bring it up when discussing those elected officials who tried to broker a pardon, because giving reconnaissance tours to insurrectionists on Jan 5 would surely fall under the category of illegal actions in support of an insurrection.

Maybe if they called them "reconnaissance tours". Or did other things, like pointing out security weaknesses. 

Otherwise, it's just "hey, I showed some people around. My office does that 2-3 times a day, for one group or another."

Just now, Larry said:

Maybe if they called them "reconnaissance tours". Or did other things, like pointing out security weaknesses. 

Otherwise, it's just "hey, I showed some people around. My office does that 2-3 times a day, for one group or another."

I was under the impression that the Capitol was closed to tours right before Jan 6 vote counting, or due to Covid. In like, no one without official business inside the Capitol building.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also very sketchy that of all the windows in the Capitol they knew where the unreinforced ones were.

And as for Trump being yesterday's news, Trumpism certainly isn't. Alas. The clearer people understand that Jan. 6 was a trial run, the better we can fight it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1