Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Florida Man Pleads Guilty to Charges of Conspiracy and Obstruction Following Jan. 6 Capitol Breach

Defendant is First in a Sixteen-Person, Oath-Keeper-Affiliated Conspiracy Case to Cooperate and Plead Guilty Arising from Jan. 6 Capitol Breach

A Florida man pleaded guilty today to crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, which disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress that was in the process of ascertaining and counting the electoral votes related to the presidential election.

Graydon Young, 54, of Englewood, pleaded guilty to counts one and two of the fourth superseding indictment issued on May 26, which charged him with conspiracy and obstruction of justice. Young faces up to 20 years in prison for obstruction of Congress and up to five years in prison for conspiracy as well as three years of supervised release and a $250,000 fine.

According to court documents, Young coordinated with others – some of whom are affiliated with the Oath Keepers – in advance of his activities in Washington on Jan. 6. For example, Young and others discussed the need to maintain operational security and, accordingly, used encrypted messaging applications to communicate. On Jan. 4, Young flew from Florida to North Carolina and drove with at least one co-conspirator to the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area the next day. On the morning of Jan. 6, he met up with some of the co-conspirators at an event near the White House. In the early afternoon, Young marched with some of the co-conspirators toward the U.S. Capitol. 

Click on the link for more

• Like 1

Lieutenant who attended U.S. Capitol riot dismissed from sheriff's office

The Bexar County Sheriff's Office dismissed a lieutenant who attended protests that turned into a deadly riot at the U.S Capitol this January six months after she was suspended from her position.

Roxanne Mathai, an admitted ardent supporter of President Donald Trump, said she did not participate in the breach of the Capitol building and was compliant with federal officers. The lieutenant captured what was happening around her and posted some of the images to social media. 

“She was an excited Trump supporter at a historical rally,” Mathai’s attorney, Hector Cortes, said in the days following the riot. “And, as everybody does these days on social media, she took pictures. She posted pictures of herself and her excitement on the way.”

The day after the rally, Sheriff Javier Salazar announced he had sent screenshots of Mathai’s Facebook posts to the FBI to determine if any crimes were committed.

“At some point the assembly became unlawful, and, at another point, she was still there, and she documented that with pictures,” Salazar said. "We're going to hold her accountable for the most we possibly can."

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

This is a pretty big development.  I know people wanted death penalties handed out on Jan 7, but these things take painfully long. 

As for the Indiana woman, I can see no jail time, but I wonder if internet surveillance is part of her probation…should be.  Also, all who don’t get jail time should have to walk around with a scarlet “I”.

Yeah, I can't imagine they would offer witness protection for misdemeanors or unproven information.

"... and when we find who is responsible, we will be just so upset. Like totally.  We will give them a finger wagging like never before, and we will let them know in no uncertain terms that we are very disappointed in them, and we will respectfully request that they never ever do it again"

~Nancypants

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

These threads are starting to sound like the game day threads lol...

OH NICE INTERCEPTION NOODLE ARM NANCY!

Why is she still on the team? Can we PLEASE cut her right now?? Don't even allow her back on the bus. Make her walk home!

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Ball Security said:

This is a pretty big development.  I know people wanted death penalties handed out on Jan 7, but these things take painfully long. 

As for the Indiana woman, I can see no jail time, but I wonder if internet surveillance is part of her probation…should be.  Also, all who don’t get jail time should have to walk around with a scarlet “I”.

They should also walk around with placards that read "Trump didn't win the 2020 election as has been unsubstantiated in over 60 lawsuits throughout the country including 2 that were thrown out of the Supreme Court. That Trump won is a Big Lie and not true."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, China said:

Indiana woman to cite 'Schindler's List' in Capitol riot guilty plea

An Indiana woman said she learned watching “Schindler’s List” about her guilt in the Jan 6. riot at the Capitol, USA Today reported on Tuesday.

In a letter to the judge presiding over her case, Anna-Morgan Lloyd apologized for her involvement in the riot, adding that she felt “ashamed” of how the pro-Trump march turned violent. 

Lloyd summarized quotes from films “Schindler’s List” and “Just Mercy” in her letter to the judge. She said her attorney had recommend that she watch both films and learn “what life is like for others in our country,” according to USA Today. 

“I’ve learned that even though we live in a wonderful country, things still need to improve,” Morgan-Lloyd wrote in her letter. “People of all colors should feel as safe as I do to walk down the street.” 

Morgan-Lloyd entered the Capitol on Jan. 6 with a friend during the riot, and took pictures, sharing posts to Facebook that referred to the event as the “most exciting day” of their lives, according to court documents.  

The U.S. attorney agreed to the plea deal saying that Lloyd did commit a serious violation by entering the building but didn’t “engage in any physical violence or destroyed property,” USA Today noted. 

Lloyd will face three years probation, $500 in restitution, and community service in her plea deal. She did not take part in violence or the destruction of public priority and had no previous criminal history, according to a U.S. attorney presiding over her case, reported USA Today.

Click on the link for the full article

On 6/23/2021 at 10:20 PM, Larry said:

I can see that.  If her ONLY crime is entering the building, then probation and community service sound right.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

When I first saw the article about her being repentant and watching Schindler's List I was dubious but a bit hopeful...a Trumper displaying self-awareness, contrition and moving away from victim mentality was like seeing a purple zebra or something.

But then...yeah, it was bull****. The zebra was just spray painted to get people to look.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Conservatives are pros at portraying the victimized. 

While publicizing the fact that they lied under oath, less than a day ago, so they could escape punishment for their actions.  

They can be proud, triumphant, victims.  

"Knew the kind of danger"?  

They were counting on it

They simply planned to pretend to not be responsible. 

-----

Remember a bit of moral reasoning that I read, as a teen, in Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers.  

The theorem was that every force in the Universe exists in the form of matching, opposing, pairs. 

And asserted that the counterbalancing force to power, is responsibility. That any attempt to create a system which has power, without responsibility, was doomed to failure just as certainly as any structure that attempts to violate conservation of energy. 

And I fully believe that we are seeing what happens, when the GOP sincerely believes that they can avoid responsibility for their use of power.