Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

MyPillow guy was so bat crap crazy and incompetent that I never thought of him as a target. Like it didn't even register for some reason.

Now that I step back and look at it the above tweet is spot on. The FBI will be able to draw concrete connections with everyone he associated with to see who was fanning flames and making up stories. Its super dangerous to be one of his associates right now. They can even use Lindell, who would be tied to people higher in the food chain, to link the people lower on the food chain who worked with this numb-nuts.

Go Feds.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

MyPillow guy was so bat crap crazy and incompetent that I never thought of him as a target. Like it didn't even register for some reason.

Now that I step back and look at it the above tweet is spot on. The FBI will be able to draw concrete connections with everyone he associated with to see who was fanning flames and making up stories. Its super dangerous to be one of his associates right now. They can even use Lindell, who would be tied to people higher in the food chain, to link the people lower on the food chain who worked with this numb-nuts.

Go Feds.

Garland playing some intergalactic-multi-dimensional chess right now. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

Me?  Have to say, I don't know the thing about seizing the phone. 

I mean, I assume that all of the conspirators know they're being investigated. And they've had years to delete things. 

And yes. I'm aware that in IT, "deleting" something doesn't really delete the thing, it simply tells the operating system that "it's OK to write something else here, now."  But again. I assume they deleted all the smoking guns, years ago. Surely most of it has been overwritten by random spam, several times over. 

In fact, they've almost certainly changed phones, by now. 

Whereas I'm also under the impression that Big Tech has multiple redundant copies of everything that's been on that phone. And that they never delete it, they hoard it forever. That they have data storage that the NSA envies. And that they will hand it over at any official demand, quietly. 

So why seize the suspect's phone?  Don't you already have everything that's ever been on it?  

I think you’re over estimating how easy it is to get that stuff from the content hosts, but also how much they clean up after themselves 

alex Jones had a backup handed over and it was enough to prove perjury, for example. 

people are so much dumber than you give them credit for. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

DOJ seeks to call Trump bluff on declassification claims

The Justice Department sought to call the bluff of former President Trump for statements about declassifying the records found at his Florida home, criticizing his legal team for insinuating — but failing to fully assert — the claim.

The response came after Trump’s attorneys on Monday repeatedly noted that Trump had the power to declassify records but stopped short of saying he actually did so despite a month of the former president airing the excuse.

“Plaintiff principally seeks to raise questions about the classification status of the records and their categorization under the Presidential Records Act (“PRA”). But plaintiff does not actually assert—much less provide any evidence—that any of the seized records bearing classification markings have been declassified,” the Justice Department wrote in its latest brief.

“Such possibilities should not be given weight absent plaintiff’s putting forward competent evidence,” it added. 

“The government’s stance assumes that if a document has a classification marking, it remains classified irrespective of any actions taken during President Trump’s term in office,” Trump’s legal team wrote.

“There is no legitimate contention that the chief executive’s declassification of documents requires approval of bureaucratic components of the executive branch,” it added.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) argued that Trump’s team sought to “change the subject by holding out the possibility that he could have declassified some of the seized records.”

“Even if plaintiff had declassified any of these records while he was president—a proposition that plaintiff does not specifically assert in any of his filings in these proceedings, in a sworn declaration, or through any evidence—any record bearing classification markings was necessarily created by the government and, therefore, is not plaintiff’s personal property,” it wrote.

Click on the link for the full article

The DOJ is done ****footing around.  This essentially tells Trumps lawyers to provide proof of declassification or shut up, and lets them know that regardless, the documents don't belong to Trump.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

32 minutes ago, tshile said:

I think you’re over estimating how easy it is to get that stuff from the content hosts

I'm thinking (which is always dangerous) that we're talking about an industry which for decades has been being handed a government letter that says "give me all the data you have, on everybody in the world, for the next 90 days".  Every 90 days.  Letters which also say "In fact, give us back door access to your data, so we can access it any time we want, without even asking you for it."  

And has been willingly complying with them.  

(In fact, I have not once seen anything that says that they're not still doing it.)  

Yes, I'm well aware that occasionally, Big Tech, to whom collecting data on their own customers, and monetizing that data, is a noticeable part of their corporate revenue stream, makes a big show about how they won.t comply with search warrants or subpoenas or court orders because of their "deeply held commitment to protecting the privacy of their customers".  (Which really amounts to "not sharing the data that we intentionally collect without our customer's consent, with anybody else, unless there's money to be made from it.")  

But still.  Is it really that hard to get?  

52 minutes ago, China said:

The DOJ is done ****footing around.  This essentially tells Trumps lawyers to provide proof of declassification or shut up, and lets them know that regardless, the documents don't belong to Trump.

I'm thinking if this is a lawyer show on TV, the legal argument is . . . 

"Your honor, what the court has, at this time, is . . . 

Evidence that these records have been declassified:  None.  Not even a verbal claim that they have been.  

Evidence that said records are classified:  The words "Top Secret" stamped at the top and bottom of every page.  

I think that, if I want to bury them (and I do.  I really do.)  I further assert that:  

And for the things defense is attempting valiantly to imply, but not actually state under oath, to even be valid, they would need to present evidence that said documents were declassified while the defendant was in office.  The government argues that only documentary evidence, independently dated as having been created while defendant was in office, would be acceptable evidence.  A simple statement by defendant or his attorneys, at this time, would be irrelevant.  

For example, the classified documents obtained in the search, exist in other copies stored in various secure government locations.  Have those copies had their security classification markings removed?  Or does defense desire to attempt to "argue without actually stating" that defendant used his power (which, we point out, is not the blanket power defense implies) to declassify only the one copy of the document which he has in his possession (but has not logged as being in his possession.  And has sworn, in court, which he does not possess.), but that all of the other copies of the document are still classified?  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Larry said:

So why seize the suspect's phone?  Don't you already have everything that's ever been on it?  

do you have any idea how stupid most criminals are? 

and then extrapolate for this criminal in particular 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 5

I think too much has been made about Trump's visit to DC.  Look at the pic, does anyone look familiar?  Maybe because maybe they worked for Trump at the resort and they were meeting to discuss that business?  

I have not followed the J6 investigation, I have grown so disgusted with the Pubs and their attitude that it was no big deal and have been focusing on the documents scandal.  What potential charges will come to Trump and his cronies?   

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I think too much has been made about Trump's visit to DC.  Look at the pic, does anyone look familiar?  Maybe because maybe they worked for Trump at the resort and they were meeting to discuss that business?  

I have not followed the J6 investigation, I have grown so disgusted with the Pubs and their attitude that it was no big deal and have been focusing on the documents scandal.  What potential charges will come to Trump and his cronies?   

Mafia-like capo meeting or Mafia-like meeting of the Five Famlies only Trump's political family in this case. In other words:  Trump RICO Organization.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I've read that it was him, one of his sons, and some groundskeepers. But the optics of the meeting is suspect as hell.

Trying to see who's been contacted about actually burying evidence perhaps? 😁

Edited by The Evil Genius

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I've read that it was him, one of his sons, and some groundskeepers. But the optics of the meeting is suspect as hell.

Trying to see who's been contacted about actually burying evidence perhaps? 😁

Michael Cohen says that two guys are lawyers.  I swear that the guy in the hat looks like John Bolton.  But if it was him, we’d have confirmation of that by now.

• Thanks 1