What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

2 hours ago, clietas said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene is exhibit A in why replacing the old guard can be incredibly futile. She literally has no clue how the system works. She most likely never will since so many on her side of the aisle are similar. Uneducated and unwilling to learn.

As much as I want to replace the likes of Pelosi, Hoyer, and Shumer at least they understand how Congress and our Government is supposed to function. Careful who ya primary out. 😬

Remember, Tuberville thought we could "postpone" the inauguration, so he's clearly NEVER read the Constitution or studied it, much less participated in election politics.  He couldn't get through a single day of an 8th grade civics class. 

18 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I know I shouldn't comment on her looks, but it looks like she just blew through a leftover stash of Jr's nose candy...

You have to admit, the universe is sentient and has a sick sense of humour.  It distilled the essence of stupidity to near purity...and put it in a blonde.

Democrats plan a multimedia impeachment trial — to keep GOP senators awake

Democrats gearing up for Donald Trump’s impeachment trial are planning a presentation that relies on a lot of video of the assault on the Capitol, a Democratic aide familiar with the planning tells me. The goal is to dramatize the former president’s incitement role in a way that even GOP senators cannot avoid grappling with.

That may seem like a tall order. During the last impeachment trial, many GOP senators got bored with the proceedings, even though that was a compelling tale, featuring a president strong-arming a vulnerable ally under extreme military duress, a band of thuggish Trump co-conspirators and diplomatic veterans dramatically speaking out at great personal risk.

But Democrats now have something else that they didn’t last time: a huge treasure trove of video and pictures depicting the event — an unprecedented assault on the seat of government — unfolding in real time. That includes video of Trump himself inciting the attack with snarling glee.

Democrats are sifting through all this material in hopes of assembling a powerful presentation for Trump’s Senate trial that underscores the horror of the event in a way that, they hope, will make it harder for GOP senators to vote against conviction, the aide says.

“If they‘re going to vote against it, they’re going to vote against it knowing what actually happened,” the aide tells me. The Democratic impeachment managers include Reps. Jamie B. Raskin (Md.), Ted Lieu (Calif.), David N. Cicilline (R.I.) and Diana DeGette (Colo.).

Click on the link for the full article

McConnell proposes delaying impeachment trial until February so Trump team can prepare

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is proposing that the Senate give former President Donald Trump's legal team two weeks to prepare for the upcoming impeachment trial once the Senate receives the article and delay its start until mid-February.

McConnell's proposal to Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer throws the timing of the trial further into doubt, though it remains to be seen if Democrats would go along with the plan. House Democrats could still send the impeachment article over to the Senate and start the trial the next day.

Click on the link for the full article

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I know I shouldn't comment on her looks, but it looks like she just blew through a leftover stash of Jr's nose candy...

I don't know, I find these GOP congresswomen strangely attractive. I think I have a thing for soulless, dead looking fish eyes.

There's no "right to a fair trial" in impeachment.  I would have been in favor of a trial immediately.  In fact, I am not even sure the Supreme Court has jurisdiction to review arguments. 

As for the GOP argument that he's not in office... ridiculous!! President can commit whatever crime in his final days... no time to impeach.  Scot free!!

8 hours ago, China said:

8 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

She likes long walks on the beach, guns, and taking away access to health care.  Good luck.

Well, you know the saying "I want a girl with those big, baby blacks".

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Should be a thread..."Trumpublicans that you are secretly attracted to."

Dibs on Deborah Birx! (it's those scarves, man...)

I'm sticking with Ann Coulter, she's into black guys, I'm not trying to work too hard.

Archived