What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

18 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Until he starts his own party and his nominations to said party get the backing to make waves in the next election.  He can still do damage, regardless of not being able to hold future offices.

true but as shown in 2018 and GA, when he’s not on the ballot, even his endorsements aren’t worth nearly as much.  

I’ll say, I’m terrified of him running in 2024, without him, I feel 100% better about the presidency 

There will be no conviction.

If I am understanding this;  They can't vote on banning Trump from future office, taking away his pension, etc... unless they convict him.   Or am I wrong?   There will be no conviction.

But if they can still vote on banning him and taking away future pension, etc...  that will be great. 

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There will be no conviction.

If I am understanding this;  They can't vote on banning Trump from future office, taking away his pension, etc... unless they convict him.   Or am I wrong?   There will be no conviction.

But if they can still vote on banning him and taking away future pension, etc...  that will be great. 

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

So, it looks like even with convention; Trump can still get benefits?  If I am understanding that article right?

Yes, unfortunately it looks like he would continue to receive most of the benefits of a former Chief Executive no matter what :(

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I meant conviction.  I guess, they can't bar him from future office either?

If the Senate ultimately convicts Mr. Trump on the article of impeachment sent by the House, it can take a second vote to bar him from holding future office. While the first vote would require two-thirds of senators — 67 — to convict and remove him, the second vote to bar him from public office would just require a simple majority because the Constitution does not demand a higher threshold.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

If the Senate ultimately convicts Mr. Trump on the article of impeachment sent by the House, it can take a second vote to bar him from holding future office. While the first vote would require two-thirds of senators — 67 — to convict and remove him, the second vote to bar him from public office would just require a simple majority because the Constitution does not demand a higher threshold.

Well, that isn't happening.  They need 17 GOP Senators, 18 if Manchin votes no, to convict.  I doubt they even get 10.  

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, that isn't happening.  They need 17 GOP Senators, 18 if Manchin votes no, to convict.  I doubt they even get 10.  

As of now I wouldn't bet on a conviction, but I have a sneaky feeling that the FBI is sitting on some juicy things that won't be revealed until after a certain someone is out of power on Wednesday. 

We shall see. 

51 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

As of now I wouldn't bet on a conviction, but I have a sneaky feeling that the FBI is sitting on some juicy things that won't be revealed until after a certain someone is out of power on Wednesday. 

We shall see. 

Not just the FBI, once he's out of office he will be facing more than a half dozen lawsuits and charges in several states including NY, GA, and DC.

1 hour ago, China said:

Not just the FBI, once he's out of office he will be facing more than a half dozen lawsuits and charges in several states including NY, GA, and DC.

That's when you would love Air Force one to have some technical issues so he cannot lift off prior to noon on wednesday :D

Archived