Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Schedule

hail2skins

13 minutes ago, SB17 said:

Right after our bye week, too.

That means an equal amount of rest and preparation for both teams.  Just need to do a better job executing.  Can't be afraid of the best if you want to beat the best.

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just listened to JP Finlay, Mitch, and Pete’s podcast about the schedule reveal, and they did a record prediction game by game with eachother 

JP: 10-7

Mitch: 11-6

Pete: 10-6-1 (the tie happens in Vegas because crazy **** happens in Vegas, and JP said he only predicted a tie to be annoying, so it wasn’t actually for any real reason) 

but wow....when was the last time 3 national media guys predicted double digit wins?? What world are we living in???? 

25 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

8-9 or 9-8 and no playoffs. Ron enters the hot seat in 22.

On the hot seat after 1 playoff year at 7-9, and a year of no playoffs although a 1 or 2 game improvement?? He’ll get at least 3 years before he’s on the hot seat, in my opinion 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Just listened to JP Finlay, Mitch, and Pete’s podcast about the schedule reveal, and they did a record prediction game by game with eachother 

JP: 10-7

Mitch: 11-6

Pete: 10-6-1 (the tie happens in Vegas because crazy **** happens in Vegas, and JP said he only predicted a tie to be annoying, so it wasn’t actually for any real reason) 

but wow....when was the last time 3 national media guys predicted double digit wins?? What world are we living in???? 

They are not national media guys. 

• Thanks 1

When I first saw the schedule and the five division games to end the season I thought we were in a tough spot.

After thinking about it I still think we’re in a tough spot but so is every division opponent that has to face us those last fuve weeks.

One thing is certain-  we will either win the division in the last 5 weeks of the season OR be the ultimate decider of whoever does win it.

Now my goal is to find a way to get to week 14 with at least 6 wins then go on a tear for the division crown.

5 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Damn, that schedule is absolutely brutal the first 11 games. This team will hopefully be battle tested and steamroll the NFC East at the end of the year. 

I don't view NO as better, nor GB with all their noise unbeatable.  Falcons, meh...and Denver as well.  Buffalo, KC, TB, SEA are contenders. They can come into that home stretch a game or two above .500 realistically.  The flip-side of that is that the offense could surprise and pick off one of those contenders at anytime.  They can definitely win 10+ games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

I don't view NO as better, nor GB with all their noise unbeatable.  Falcons, meh...and Denver as well.  Buffalo, KC, TB, SEA are contenders. They can come into that home stretch a game or two above .500 realistically.  The flip-side of that is that the offense could surprise and pick off one of those contenders at anytime.  They can definitely win 10+ games.

The problem is, this kind of relies on us beating teams that really aren't that much worse than we are. If we have a bad day and they have a good day, it's a loss. Basically if everything plays out like it should, we can win 10 games, but there is always the chance we lose some games we should win. 

I like the schedule.  A cool mix of teams this year that we play.  We can beat anyone on our schedule and we won't have any patsy's.

Only 3 in conference games the first 6.   No matter what, we should be in the mix until the very end, that's all you can ask for. 

And I'm leaving open the possibility we catch fire this year and have a really good record.

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, philibusters said:

If you are 5 hours ahead of standard eastern time, all kickoffs other than 1 pm ones are going to be a pain.

Nah, I can deal with the 9.25 ones as I'm a night owl so am normally up til about 1 anyway, it's just the really late ones that are an issue.

So 2 games that suck this year. The Dallas game is in school holidays so I don't mind that.

Edited by UKskins

https://www.nfl.com/news/toughest-nfl-schedules-of-2021-chiefs-among-teams-with-most-daunting-slates?campaign=Twitter_atn

It's not the ugliest of the bunch, but here's another team tugged down by that 17th opponent, with Washington drawing the Bills on the road in Week 3 after dealing with Justin Herbert's Chargers in Week 1. Three of its final four matchups come on the road against division opponents.

In an era of constant and significant roster turnover caused by free agency and the salarycapasarus, rating schedule difficulty is stupid.  It was different up until those two things, but it runs contrary to the idea of parity and quick-fixes which the NFL wants.  I get it, the yacking heads are bored.  The other stupid thing is a 17-game schedule.  Just go to 18 and call them the Federals....  Guys are going to be beaten down hard by mid-January when the NFL's second season (ooops, wrong sport) starts.  Start the season a week earlier (Labor Day weekend) and end it the last weekend in December.  Paloffs start 1st weekend in January.  Football should not be played in February.  That's for the NBA and NHL.  Just because it's broke don't mean you gotta fix it worse.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

The problem is, this kind of relies on us beating teams that really aren't that much worse than we are. If we have a bad day and they have a good day, it's a loss. Basically if everything plays out like it should, we can win 10 games, but there is always the chance we lose some games we should win. 

I no longer view WFT as bad.  My opinion is that the NFL is very close roster to roster for the most part.  You see swings from that with top Offenses and Defenses.  Those top tier units can swing games consistently and dominate inferior opposition.  WFT has a top tier D.  However, coaching, game planning, and attitude can swing equally talented rosters as well.  So, I don't see any reason to expect below .500 results through Week 11.  I fully expect the team to be better and +3 wins is realistic. If that improved Offense gets in a groove, watch out.

• Like 1

I say this it feels like every year.  That is, there is a group on the board that seems to see the Giants as a joke no matter how much they dominate the head to head matches against us.  Sadly I know first hand a group of Giant fans who see the WFT as a joke. 

I think both groups are wrong.  I think the Giants talent wise are pretty close to us, with us having a slight edge.  Here's the Giants reporter predicting a 3-0 start, including by saying the Giants have the WFT's number.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/62407/new-york-giants-2021-schedule-favorable-opening-stretch-offers-hope

Biggest takeaway

At the moment, the Giants' schedule has a favorable opening stretch. None of their first three opponents, even though it includes defending division champion Washington, had a winning record last season. Washington was 7-9 and Denver and Atlanta were two of the league's worst teams.

This is a far cry from the past few seasons when the Giants seemed to open annually on the road in Dallas or with a brutal opening stretch like in 2020. This season's schedule gives them a chance to start strong. The Giants have started each of the past four seasons 0-2, and were 0-5 before they knew it in two of those four years. A big opportunity exists for Joe Judge in his second season as coach to get it started right and give his locker room and fan base hope that the turnaround is really in progress.

One storyline to watch

The Giants have three prime-time games, all on the road against division winners, with two being against last season's Super Bowl participants (Chiefs and Bucs). That's not easy. Can they steal a win?

The most realistic opportunity seems to be in Week 2 on a Thursday night at Washington. The WFT is the one division opponent the Giants (despite their recent struggles) have had recent success against.

Monday night matchups against Kansas City and Tampa Bay make difficult road games that much tougher. The Giants might not quite be ready to win games like that at this point of their rebuild. This season is more about getting back to being a winning team, not necessarily making the massive leap to being a Super Bowl contender.

What Vegas thinks

The oddsmakers have the Giants' win total at seven. They won six last season in 16 games and have basically added running back Saquon Barkley (back from a torn ACL), wide receivers Kenny Golladay and Kadarius Toney, tight end Kyle Rudolph, cornerbacks Adoree' Jackson and Aaron Robinson and edge rusher Azeez Ojulari. And their 2021 schedule is more friendly. Pound the over.

Bold prediction

The Giants start 3-0. Yep, you heard it here first. As long as Denver doesn't pick up quarterback Aaron Rodgers, its offense is questionable, the Giants have Washington's number and Atlanta is far from a world-beater. This will be huge. Getting it going early with all these new playmakers will do wonders for quarterback Daniel Jones.

12 hours ago, redskinss said:

I'm interested in the Vegas game but damn the prices on vivid seats are insane.

Cheapest seats right now are 350 bucks each.

I understand that stadium is in the hottest of tourist destinations and is brand new so everyone wants to go but ouch.

Is there anywhere to get tickets more reasonable that anybody knows of?

Pretty common for game tickets to start high after schedule release - even more so with this destination in Vegas. Id bet there will be seats available over the next few months and the price often drops.  Seems like I usually see price start high then drop a little then go back up closer to game day then drop like a rock a day or two before the game.  Problem is I don't want to risk missing the game so Im going to be stuck spending $350+ for terrible seats just so I know I have the tickets.  

Id have to think with the Skins looking to have a promising season and after the last year of Covid and not being able to attend games that Vegas will have a strong showing of Burgundy and Gold fans.

I assume the team will start doing the rallies again?  Vegas would be a fun place to have a rally - though will miss the days of the Redskins Rallies.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You know that’s not happening right? Like, official as of last night 

edit: huh. For some reason that tweet shows up as “Washington on short list of teams that can play the falcons in London”. 

1040E524-0D62-4CFA-B3B5-77C62CB6B91C.png

Edited by Cooleyfan1993