Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Schedule

hail2skins

Since the WFT is paloff-bound, this might be premature, and I know the exact dates of the games won't be out until at least April, but was wondering if anyone has seen a good source at least of the locations of the games we are playing.

I know, aside from the division, we are playing the NFC South, AFC West, the Packers, the Seahawks, and likely the first-place team from one of the other AFC divisions (if recent reports about how the league is handling the 17-game season are to be believed).

What I'm most curious about is where we are playing the AFC West opponents. Normally, it would make sense that if we played the AFC West opponent away in 2017, we would play them at home in 2021 (and vice-versa). However, we played the Raiders away in both 2009 and 2013, and played the Chiefs at FedEx in both 2009 and 2013. I was just curious about, since we played the Raiders here in 2017, are we going to play them here again (and the Chiefs in Arrowhead again), or will the Skins visit Vegas next season?

So looking at this one page, the schedule has the promise of a lot of excitement for WFT fans looking to return to the live experience in 2021 (fingers crossed).

Non-divisional home slate: Saints, Bucs, Chiefs, Seahawks, Chargers

Non-divisional away slate: Falcons, Panthers, Raiders, Broncos, Packers

So the home slate has four out of five games with high-wattage QBs (and didn't the Chargers QB set a rookie record or something?). And the away slate has a stadium within not too bad driving distance (Carolina), two newish venues the Skins haven't visited yet (Atlanta and Vegas), and two venues with solid reputations as far as in-game experience (Denver and GB).

Plus the 17th game will likely be against either Buffalo, Pittsburgh, or Tennessee.

WSH ,since they are a playoff team, are going to be playing games at different times next season, like remember all those times this season they were only on that WTTG 5 or that WBFF 45? At 1 pm starts?

This will change that, expect a Thursday night game, a Monday night football game and a Sunday night football game appearance as well 

43 minutes ago, c slag said:

WSH ,since they are a playoff team, are going to be playing games at different times next season, like remember all those times this season they were only on that WTTG 5 or that WBFF 45? At 1 pm starts?

This will change that, expect a Thursday night game, a Monday night football game and a Sunday night football game appearance as well 

I mean... this been the case forever, right? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, madden lot said:

I mean... this been the case forever, right? 

I think recently the amount of Skins primetime appearances has been somewhat commensurate with the record of the previous years. It did seem like there were years in the past that we probably had more primetime games than we deserved, like 2014 when we had three coming off a 3-13 season.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 2:41 AM, hail2skins said:

So looking at this one page, the schedule has the promise of a lot of excitement for WFT fans looking to return to the live experience in 2021 (fingers crossed).

Non-divisional home slate: Saints, Bucs, Chiefs, Seahawks, Chargers

Non-divisional away slate: Falcons, Panthers, Raiders, Broncos, Packers

So the home slate has four out of five games with high-wattage QBs (and didn't the Chargers QB set a rookie record or something?). And the away slate has a stadium within not too bad driving distance (Carolina), two newish venues the Skins haven't visited yet (Atlanta and Vegas), and two venues with solid reputations as far as in-game experience (Denver and GB).

Plus the 17th game will likely be against either Buffalo, Pittsburgh, or Tennessee.

Has the NFL said which teams are getting the 9th home game this year and how that's being rotated?

I say open the season with the 2 Superbowl opponents.  Bucs week 1, since Kansas City will be superbowl champs have the thursday gane,  Then Kansas City in Week 2.  We will know were this team stands pretty quick.

I don't care who they play.  You can't predict anything in the NFL consistently week by week.  Bookmakers make their living on this fact.  The best gamblers are barely over 50%.  Seeing the 2020 WFT upset the 11-0 Steelers makes guessing their output impossible.  I think as fans you know if weaknesses have been addressed in the off-season compared to the prior year.  Then you look at a schedule and think about your improved roster vs an opponent's prior year results and quickly form unsubstantiated expectations most the time.  I like to view off-season moves and form a floor - ceiling expectation that has nothing to do with opponents for this reason.

The first place schedule thing is vastly overrated. We have very little disadvantage on the schedule as opposed to say, Philly who finished last. 

All NFCE teams play the AFC West and NFC South next year— home/away is pretty determined in rotating basis. So 14 of the 16 (or 17) games on our schedule next year were locked in regardless of where we finished. 

The standings only determine 2 (and probably 3 now) games. We get the Seahawks at home and Packers on the road based on how we finished. But the Giants play the Rams and Cowboys play the Cardinals and Eagles play 49ers based on same criteria— and honestly it’s entirely possibly that our game against Seattle is the easiest of those match ups next year. 

Assuming the league goes to 17 games, we get Buffalo— not yet determined where. A tough game for sure. But the Giants will play Miami, and who knows, maybe they will be equal to or better than Buffalo next year. I’d also expect NE to be better as well and they will play Dallas. 

So for me, there is no hand-wringing over the schedule. 

We will for sure be placed more prominently next year. I bet we are back on SNF at least once, will probably get 1-2 MNF games, the standard Thursday game and likely be the late featured game at least once or twice. We won’t be all over the National schedule or anything, but certainly more than the past few years. And if we were to land a top veteran QB, that could increase as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kleese said:

The first place schedule thing is vastly overrated. We have very little disadvantage on the schedule as opposed to say, Philly who finished last. 

All NFCE teams play the AFC West and NFC South next year— home/away is pretty determined in rotating basis. So 14 of the 16 (or 17) games on our schedule next year were locked in regardless of where we finished. 

The standings only determine 2 (and probably 3 now) games. We get the Seahawks at home and Packers on the road based on how we finished. But the Giants play the Rams and Cowboys play the Cardinals and Eagles play 49ers based on same criteria— and honestly it’s entirely possibly that our game against Seattle is the easiest of those match ups next year. 

Assuming the league goes to 17 games, we get Buffalo— not yet determined where. A tough game for sure. But the Giants will play Miami, and who knows, maybe they will be equal to or better than Buffalo next year. I’d also expect NE to be better as well and they will play Dallas. 

So for me, there is no hand-wringing over the schedule. 

We will for sure be placed more prominently next year. I bet we are back on SNF at least once, will probably get 1-2 MNF games, the standard Thursday game and likely be the late featured game at least once or twice. We won’t be all over the National schedule or anything, but certainly more than the past few years. And if we were to land a top veteran QB, that could increase as well. 

How do we know the 17th game is Buffalo and not Pitt or Tenn.  Is this going to be a rotating thing like division opponents?

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

How do we know the 17th game is Buffalo and not Pitt or Tenn.  Is this going to be a rotating thing like division opponents?

Most of the local media has been reporting over the past month that it’ll be the bills, so I’m guessing NFC East teams will play an AFC East team (based on same place finish) for the first year of the 17 game season. I guess we’ll know how it’ll rotate after that once the official announcement of 17 games gets released 

20 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Most of the local media has been reporting over the past month that it’ll be the bills, so I’m guessing NFC East teams will play an AFC East team (based on same place finish) for the first year of the 17 game season. I guess we’ll know how it’ll rotate after that once the official announcement of 17 games gets released 

image.gif.dc7772640f00c285d686f53f1e10af99.gif

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Already planning a trip to Vegas to watch us whoop some Raider booty. Hoping its on a long weekend.

That’s my plan too.  Fingers crossed for Columbus Day weekend.  I usually go  to one away game a year.  With no trip this past year, I’ve got some pent up energy. However with legal online betting in Va now, Vegas’ appeal goes down a little.

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2021 at 6:20 PM, TheShredder said:

I don't care who they play.  You can't predict anything in the NFL consistently week by week.  Bookmakers make their living on this fact.  The best gamblers are barely over 50%.  Seeing the 2020 WFT upset the 11-0 Steelers makes guessing their output impossible.  I think as fans you know if weaknesses have been addressed in the off-season compared to the prior year.  Then you look at a schedule and think about your improved roster vs an opponent's prior year results and quickly form unsubstantiated expectations most the time.  I like to view off-season moves and form a floor - ceiling expectation that has nothing to do with opponents for this reason.

Exactly this. Playing the schedule game is so dumb. Knowing how things go we'll end up beating the Bills and losing to the Panthers.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

I can honestly say I hate the concept of overseas games. Even being from England, the team playing overseas to me is strange. I would hate that as a ‘home’ fan. Don’t get it, no way is it the same for the team. Maybe I’m too old fashioned, don’t buy the concept...

• Like 5

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I can honestly say I hate the concept of overseas games. Even being from England, the team playing overseas to me is strange. I would hate that as a ‘home’ fan. Don’t get it, no way is it the same for the team. Maybe I’m too old fashioned, don’t buy the concept...

Simple reason:  Dollars.  (Pounds.)

• Like 1