Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Just voted. Steady traffic for mid-afternoon. Hopefully there is a strong turnout.

I struggle why any reasonable centrist/independent can consider voting for the party of the Jan 6 insurrection.

I do know a few people in my extended circle who are childish ignorant nuts about politics and they are all on the right. I know a few who are far left who I disagree strongly with politically but could carry on an intelligent argument about the abject failures of capitalism.

But what I don’t understand is how the average person could look at Trump’s disciples after everything that happened since 2016 and think that’s who they want to lead the state/country.

Simple, they don't actually have anything to lose. As a black man, if there were a congressman running on "lock up all Hispanics", I would of course vote against that guy. However, a lot of white people have the option...not to care. Look at some of the most important things effecting America right now: police brutality, voter's rights, worker's right, covid, etc. Now look at how people of different races react to those things. They're not political triggers for me, these are things that effect my everyday life. I don't think a lot of people really care about their minority friends or family.

On a separate note, the media keeps hounding on the turnout of the Youngkin rallies, they just showed another clip on one on TV. If you look though, you'll see that 60% of the people behind him are children. Not 18 or 19 year olds, but middle and elementary school kids who can't vote. Who most definitely came with their parents to pad out the numbers. Also, I can't think of too many Dems who would want to jam themselves into a crowded room full of strangers in these covid times. I know I wouldn't, even more so since I voted over a month ago.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I am guessing Virginia goes to Youngkin just based on the normal trends, but if Terry pulls out a tight victory, whoo boy get your popcorn ready for the aftermath because the GOP is not going to accept the results and we will get our first Post-2020 election preview of what is to come next year.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Many business people have a slightly more nuanced understanding. No-one wants to pay more taxes than they need to but everyone understands the need for services.

Business people perpetually have their hand stretched out for tax deductions and grants for innovation, meeting hiring goals, lobbying for infrastructure etc. They mostly want other people to pay for their 'handouts'.

A lot of businesspeople are in the real estate space and these folks consistently vote Republican because Democrats make it tough for them to succeed at their business with stuff like rent controls and the eviction moratorium 

9 minutes ago, clietas said:

I'll say...this is what is shown when I click on that link lol:

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 2.22.53 PM.jpg

• Haha 1

*pours beer* gonna be a long night. 

Just now, Ball Security said:

Who are you all following for return analysis?

CNN. Cause I’m ****ing lazy. 

this thread will probably be where I get real info. 

Oh. Hey. Just wanna call it first. 

if this is a terry landslide then LOL ELECTION COVERAGE MEDIA

38 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Simple, they don't actually have anything to lose.

I'd disagree. Granted, certain minority groups have WAY more to lose, but if you care about policy the GoP are clearly anti-science and with Trump had terrible foreign and military policy. 

And incompetent policy and racism aside why would a woman, or a man who had any respect for his female family and friends, tolerate Trump's misogyny.

Is lower taxes for people making over $400k that important to the GoP base of whom maybe 2% make that annual income? Maybe they don't see the ongoing transfer of their wealth to the ultra rich because it takes decades. But those dark-skinned folks moving into my street, that's a crisis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

CNN is calling youngkin an outsider 

he was hand selected by the va gop committee after they voted to *not have primaries* for the first time I ever remember. I didn’t even know that was an option. 

CNN is trash 

the first part of his campaign he wouldn’t even admit that he was a Republican.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

And incompetent policy and racism aside why would a woman, or a man who had any respect for his female family and friends, tolerate Trump's misogyny.

Because it doesn't ultimately effect them, I know it sounds crazy, but that is how these people are. Remember the "grab'em by the ****"? You thought Trump was done after that, right? We all did, he should've been, but his base elevated him for those words. Remember when he was only going to get rid of "the bad hombres" and he got rid of all of the hombres he could? I remember so many Trumpers being confused as to why their Hispanic spouses, friends and family members were getting deported, they weren't bad. They didn't like what Trump was doing, but they all still supported him. It didn't cause them any direct harm, so its all good.

10 minutes ago, clietas said:

Watch MSNBC because Steve Kornacki is the best at breaking down the numbers. 😉

If David Pakman is covering it on YouTube, I'd recommend him as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, tshile said:

*pours beer* gonna be a long night. 

CNN. Cause I’m ****ing lazy. 

this thread will probably be where I get real info. 

Oh. Hey. Just wanna call it first. 

if this is a terry landslide then LOL ELECTION COVERAGE MEDIA

Same here.

We are thinking we’ll do a shot every time a blue county gets called.  Thoughts?  We gotta do something fun but still have to work tomorrow.

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

Im in the mortgage business and know a ton of self-employed folks.  In my experience they are almost ALL Republican voters...and I'm in Montgomery/Howard area which is overwhelmingly blue.

Mainly they vote for their wallets.

I would fully expect an industry that profits off of the stupidity of its clients would support a party that does the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2