Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I would fully expect an industry that profits off of the stupidity of its clients would support a party that does the same. 

Lol this comment is about 10 or 12 years past relevance but ok.  The vast majority of whats out there these days are doing good work for good people.  Its a complicated industry for the consumer to understand though.  I get it.

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sure you can!  Don’t back down, that is how they win.

Also, encourage them to take a shot anytime a county goes red.  Let Darwin do his thing.

He'd have to be a complete **** to say no.

image.png.27581fa739f6893d044b7b3e90efd201.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I doubt it will take till midnight to declare a winner. A lot of people thought they were voting Younkin but when they got in the booth they decided they didn’t want Trump light again. I know at least one other person who feel like this and I think a many republocrats feel the same…

One woman on tv said it best about Terry (paraphrasing here): "I'm not too big on Terry, but we've made great progress and I don't want to go backwards with Youngkin". That was from a white, middle aged woman...don't remember which county though.

People who go into the booth and don't know who they're voting for just blow my mind, but they are a lot of people like that.

• Like 1

Another pet peeve of mine with election phrases:

it depends on turnout

YOU MEAN THE THING WHERE PEOPLE SHOW UP AND CAST A VOTE, KIND OF DEPENDS ON WHO AND HOW MANY SHOW UP?

I don’t know where I’m going to put all this knowledge cnn is dropping on me. Running out of boxes and room over here. 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

Another pet peeve of mine with election phrases:

it depends on turnout

YOU MEAN THE THING WHERE PEOPLE SHOW UP AND CAST A VOTE, KIND OF DEPENDS ON WHO AND HOW MANY SHOW UP?

I don’t know where I’m going to put all this knowledge cnn is dropping on me. Running out of boxes and room over here. 

Haha! Well, they're not wrong...

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I actually wonder if Yongkin winning will get Dems off their ass across the country for the mid terms. 

Dems actually passing something would ****ing help too 

Nah, we're being used as a test ground, by both sides. Also, the Dems were hoping Trump would get involved, which he will down the line. The GOP can't be the party of Trumps and Youngkins, it just doesn't work. I have no doubt the Dems will play the safe route and hope that Trump trips up instead of being proactive.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I actually wonder if Yongkin winning will get Dems off their ass across the country for the mid terms. 

Dems actually passing something would ****ing help too 

No. It’ll just let Virginia be held back for 4 years. 

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Dave Wasserman should be a good follow on Twitter. He said turnout is strong overall (over 3 million votes anticipated), but especially so in traditionally Republican areas.

yeah but the heavy R areas have much smaller populations so heavy turnout % in those areas doesn’t necessarily beat a heavy but slightly smaller turnout % in blue areas 

9 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I haven't been paying close attention but is Youngkin really Trump-light?  I haven't seen anything too egregious so just curious.  Again, I could easily have missed a lot.

he’s actually worse than trump in that he doesn’t even support gay marriage. But he supports every single thing Trump does, wants to bring the anti-abortion Texas law to VA, believes the election was stolen, supports 1/6 insurrectionists, etc he’s just wrapped up in smarter prettier package that doesn’t say the quiet part in public. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah but the heavy R areas have much smaller populations so heavy turnout % in those areas doesn’t necessarily beat a heavy but slightly smaller turnout % in blue areas 

42C6DB90-92EA-4317-88AE-9E075F5697DC.thumb.jpeg.64a1ae4aeb16fc18e90e6bc544432da7.jpeg

from 538. Shows how things have changed compared to 2020 and what % each county is of the state vote. 

Idk. That looks like good news to me. 

It is way too early to draw an real conclusions but so far, every county that has been reported on seem to be following the 2020 election pretty closely, with the only surprise (minor?) is that counties where Trump won, the % gap is slightly lower for Youngkin, but like I said it is way too early and those gaps can widen.

From the looks of it so far, not many minds were changed either way through the 1st (almost) year of Biden's presidency and this is just going to come down to which base of voters is more motivated to turn out, which again has me predicting Youngkin takes it in the end. 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

he’s actually worse than trump in that he doesn’t even support gay marriage. But he supports every single thing Trump does, wants to bring the anti-abortion Texas law to VA, believes the election was stolen, supports 1/6 insurrectionists, etc he’s just wrapped up in smarter prettier package that doesn’t say the quiet part in public. 

Jesus Christ. Thanks for filling me in.  

Just now, tshile said:

5DEE3429-7BD9-4F21-A606-EBBE07B068A7.thumb.jpeg.27bcc0a0e07a6811256cb809f2b81017.jpeg

part of the plan. Expect youngkin to look good early. And then those to come in. Question is if it’s enough. 

I keep hearing that this year, the early voting had to be reported as soon as the polls closed. Whatever, what I am seeing doesn't make me feel particularly good or bad.

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So, no early vote count yet...that is odd.

A73B5840-6F42-429D-95B4-184E7595E679.thumb.jpeg.b150486417fb1af9193ab607591959da.jpeg

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

I keep hearing that this year, the early voting had to be reported as soon as the polls closed. Whatever, what I am seeing doesn't make me feel particularly good or bad.

Yeah same here. But. That’s not how it’s happening. 🤷‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah same here. But. That’s not how it’s happening. 🤷‍♂️ 

Who do I complain to?  On a more serious note, how is everyone feeling so far? Just hearing Fairfax County won't report the early vote until later.