Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That is not his account. There are tweets from during the game lolĀ 

I dint know about that. I think he responded after the game saying thank you. Nothing controversial or too out there, just saying thanks and his much he loves Ron, this team and the fans. No check mark though... Yet

I was fully on board until his last few throws that he sailed high and out of bounds.Ā  I know they were covering the sidelines but there is such a thing as contested catches and times to risk an INT.Ā  Bad throws, or dumb decisions whatever but it sucked to see an otherwise good game from him end that way.Ā 

Ā 

They reminded me of Cousins always throwing hail mary's out of the back of the endzone. The only QB I have ever seen consistently do that.

13 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I was fully on board until his last few throws that he sailed high and out of bounds.Ā  I know they were covering the sidelines but there is such a thing as contested catches and times to risk an INT.Ā  Bad throws, or dumb decisions whatever but it sucked to see an otherwise good game from him end that way.Ā 

Ā 

They reminded me of Cousins always throwing hail mary's out of the back of the endzone. The only QB I have ever seen consistently do that.

I mean his last throw to Thomas was actually on the money. Hit Thomas right where it needed to. Unfortunately he was pretty well covered and couldn't quite come down with it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

With all the great things being pointed out, there's an obvious historical issue with consistent injuries.Ā  I don't think that cancels out that he's a baller.Ā  He's a smart player that should he ever get a shot to be a starter, he could be coached up to preserve himself enough to save his head and wings as appropriate.Ā  He's been laying out his smaller frame fearlessly, trying to get a gig.Ā  If he earns a shot, he's probably not going to have to be diving full speed Superman regularly if you get my drift.

I agree that he can be coached up to protect himself.Ā  Also, if he got the starting role, he wouldn't try to be as heroic like on the pylon dive to the end zone.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I dint know about that. I think he responded after the game saying thank you. Nothing controversial or too out there, just saying thanks and his much he loves Ron, this team and the fans. No check mark though... Yet

Ā 

It was definitely during the game. I saw the time stamp right after it happened.

Tweets are going up, literally while he's getting his shoulder worked on.

There's no way that is his account.

• Like 1

Listened to another Interview from Taylorā€™s old college coach. Some highlights:Ā 

Ā 

He told his college coach that he had been with a number of teams but has never seen a team that loves and respects a coach more than what he has seen with Rivera. Ā He wants to stay because of Rivera.Ā 
Ā 

His coach thinks Taylorā€™sĀ main strengths are throwing with timing, athleticism, poise. Ā 
Ā 

He thinks his drawbacks are his size and arm strength.Ā 
Ā 

He thinks he will play better next season as he gets more familiar with the receivers. He mentioned how he would benefit more if he had a strong running game which they didnā€™t have against Tampa.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ā 

It was definitely during the game. I saw the time stamp right after it happened.

Tweets are going up, literally while he's getting his shoulder worked on.

There's no way that is his account.

Yeah and this morning he did say he didn't have a Twitter account.Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

There are tweets from when he was injured acknowledging the injury happenedĀ (DURING the game) lol, itā€™s not a real account. Unless we think he was tweeting from the locker took between series while getting his shoulder wrappedĀ 

Ā 

Edit: I see you just addressed this, nvm lol

Edited by ConnSKINS26

2 hours ago, bonhommelemec said:

I agree that he can be coached up to protect himself.Ā  Also, if he got the starting role, he wouldn't try to be as heroic like on the pylon dive to the end zone.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah that's the point with the idea to continue to ball out but be smart about it.Ā  He has to get the gig first, so he definitely earned a contract to be in consideration.Ā  He's got a few wounded wings to his credit and a concussion.Ā  As far as the shoulder and collar bone injuries they're really not serious concerns but obvious weaknesses that could benefit from accessory muscle strengthening.Ā  That can be done in 3 months no problem.Ā  Rotator cuff exercises, deltoid tree, upper body lean bulk would do it.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ā 

he would benefit more if had a strong running frame, also ;)

Ā 

I see the joke but he doesn't need a bigger frame.Ā  He's quick enough not to get smashed.Ā  He'd benefit from adding some lean mass and strengthened wings but being coached to not have to worry about being Superman would go a long way to his increased longevity week on week.Ā  Being able to play fast and accurately is a huge upgrade over a guy with a big frame, IE Haskins.Ā  I think he's a Drew Brees type QB. Ā  No, I'm not comparing him to Drew, I'm saying his stature is like him.Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

There are tweets from when he was injured acknowledging the injury happenedĀ (DURING the game) lol, itā€™s not a real account. Unless we think he was tweeting from the locker took between series while getting his shoulder wrappedĀ 

Ā 

Edit: I see you just addressed this, nvm lol

Ā 

How do we know he wasnt on his iPhone tweeting away while in the tent?Ā  LOL

Ā 

636462510104342415-AP-17295713581158.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

I see the joke but he doesn't need a bigger frame.Ā  He's quick enough not to get smashed.Ā  He'd benefit from adding some lean mass and strengthened wings but being coached to not have to worry about being Superman would go a long way to his increased longevity week on week.Ā  Being able to play fast and accurately is a huge upgrade over a guy with a big frame, IE Haskins.Ā  I think he's a Drew Brees type QB. Ā  No, I'm not comparing him to Drew, I'm saying his stature is like him.Ā 

Ā 

I know you can train a player to avoid collisions, but I do not agree that you can train and build up muscle/strength to avoid injuries.Ā  (imagine any player prone to concussions).Ā  And then there's guys like Jordan Reed or Doctson who got injured when the wind changed direction.

Ā 

That being said, if he can learn to protect his body and not go all-out, then maybe he can sustain an NFL season.

Ā 

Before you flame, I've been following TH since he was at ODU and into UDFA.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ā 

Right now if you had to go Josh Allen or Taylor Heinicke as to build a franchise around -- what would be your call?

I'm assuming this is a joke?

Ā 

Love what Taylor did the other night and I'm firmly in the "we have to bring him back next year" camp but with what Allen has shown the last two years it's seems like kind of a no brainer to me.

12 hours ago, bonhommelemec said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Did you watch that vid on the previous page, Shiney Hiney did that EXACT same dive in college. I mean exactly the same