Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

Just now, LetThePointsSoar said:

This kid needs and deserves his own thread. I, for one, am really hoping to see him start on Sunday and lead us into the playoffs. 

Yeah I liked what he did but count me out on wanting to see him start. Ride the horse that got you there if you can. If he can’t go, I’m definitely on board with Heineken, though.

• Like 3

Heinicke trots out to take the field.

Chase Young runs up to him and offers encouraging words.

Heinicke replies "I got you, bro. This is what I do".

Chase Young : "Ooh, this boy got some swag."

Kid's a practical math genius. This is gonna be good practical application for the NFL QB position.

He got A's and B's in all these Finals he just took.

Number Theory

Applied Numerical Methods

Partial Differential Equations

Math and Nature

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Kid's a practical math genius. This is gonna be good practical application for the NFL QB position.

Number Theory

Math and Nature

I would like to have a QB who can think like a statistician or a data scientist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Number Theory

Math and Nature

Maybe he will be smart enough to learn from Alex and take advantage of that experience. 

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Number Theory

Math and Nature

On the flip side if he isn't a math genius, getting A's and B's in those courses shows he studies and puts the work in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

I would like to have a QB who can think like a statistician or a data scientist.

Smith earned a bachelor's degree in economics in two years[12] with a 3.74 GPA,[13] having matriculated with 64 credit hours earned before attending college,[14] and began work on a master's degree before being drafted...

At the NFL combine, Smith recorded a 4.7 time in the 40-yard dash, and had a 32-inch vertical leap.[17] He also earned a score of 40 out of 50 on the Wonderlic exam.

He also turned down going to Harvard because he wanted to play football.

Smith is pretty smart which is how he has been able to stay in the league so long. 

So yeah Heineke is 27 just hitting the prime QB years maybe he can hold down the fort after Alex and let us build up our skill positions in the draft OL and WR.

Edited by Joryl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heinicke is different than that kid on Coach Shelby Metcalf's Texas A&M's football team.

Coach Metcalf recounted what he said to the player who showed him a report card with four Fs and and one D.  "Son, looks to me like your spending too much time on one subject."

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Joryl said:

Smith earned a bachelor's degree in economics in two years[12] with a 3.74 GPA,[13] having matriculated with 64 credit hours earned before attending college,[14] and began work on a master's degree before being drafted...

At the NFL combine, Smith recorded a 4.7 time in the 40-yard dash, and had a 32-inch vertical leap.[17] He also earned a score of 40 out of 50 on the Wonderlic exam.

He also turned down going to Harvard because he wanted to play football.

Smith is pretty smart which is how he has been able to stay in the league so long. 

So yeah Heineke is 27 just hitting the prime QB years maybe he can hold down the fort after Alex and let us build up our skill positions in the draft OL and WR.

Imagine Smith mentoring Heinicke.

Most people's brain would explode if they heard those conversations.

• Like 1

Heineke looked like he could be a solid NFL QB from what little we saw yesterday.  But he clearly lacks the arm strength to throw with high level velocity.  I don't know where his ceiling is, but it's probably not much better than a good backup and a serviceable starter on a decent team.

It is nearly impossible to get a shot if you are guy like TH.

Not drafted, you have to beyond impress in the QB room and with the three reps you get in practice to make a team. When he finally did get a shot, he got hurt. And there is no patience for interceptions, much less injuries for a guy who wasn't even drafted.

Sounds like mentally he had moved on from football. I bet he had a blast yesterday. 

• Like 1

ODU fans that watched TH last night weren't surprised by his offensive spark and efficiency to move the chains... he's been doing that at Old Dominion for years.... 15,000 passing yards.

It's been my christmas wish to watch Taylor lead the Redskins to the playoffs.... and now he'll be given the chance.  Thanks Ron!

grant_g_taylor_cr_64011.jpg?w=694

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1