Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You just know he's gonna be heavy into football analytics.

Walks up to Center, the wheels start turning in his brain, calculating every possible outcome percentage of every possible throw before he even takes the snap

If he's really mathematical, he doesn't calculate anything.  It's all intuitive flow at that point.  The really superfookingsmart kids in grade school, their brains just see and interpret data differently.  It's like a great QB-WR combo; the QB doesn't mentally calculate where his receiver's going to be and when, the QB just knows where he'll be and when because he just feels it -- the term "to get a feel for something".  Watch a cat stalk a mouse.  That's who you want running your offense (the cat).  Cats have an innate understanding of movement, of physics, and they apply this understanding to specific situations involving light, terrain, etc.  Let me be very clear:  real domestic (house) cats, not made-up, cartoon lions, ok?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, profusion said:

The WFT isn't a deep-threat offense, so I'm not as concerned about Taylor's lack of a big arm. If he plays smart and moves the chains (assuming he plays), that should get the job done.

Agree. We are a misdirection and get the ball in the hands of the weapons asap and let them grind offense.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, profusion said:

Sideline throws are where I would be concerned about his arm strength.

agreed...hopefully Turner can game plan around his strengths...Turner will probably be able to open up the playbook more than with haskins...which is sad because the kids only been here for 2 weeks (?)...

Edited by Stefanskins
  • Like 1

I did not watch a moment of the game until now when I watched a youtube clip of his highlights.

We have a starting quarterback gentlemen.  You know he's gonna have some locker room cred now.  Smart, savvy, nice throws, good motor.  Maybe I'm blind, but good body language.  Looked poised, confident, knew the plays.  Play him until he fails. 

And remember what I had in my coffee before yesterday's game.  Uh huh.  I knows what's I'm talkin' about.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Heinicke trots out to take the field.

Chase Young runs up to him and offers encouraging words.

Heinicke replies "I got you, bro. This is what I do".

Chase Young : "Ooh, this boy got some swag."

Kid's a practical math genius. This is gonna be good practical application for the NFL QB position.

He got A's and B's in all these Finals he just took.

Number Theory

Applied Numerical Methods

Partial Differential Equations

Math and Nature

I think you forgot Kick-assology 531 - it's a graduate level course.

• Like 1

I'm aware, I'm biased (big time), but if Smith isn't able to play Sunday I have faith in Heinicke to get the job done.  Taylor's had some bad luck with injuries in the past, and if he can stay healthy, we have a legitimate shot at winning on Sunday.  Heinicke doesn't have the strongest arm by any means, but he has that "it" factor and is able to make plays with his legs if need be.  He knows this offense better than any of our QB's, including Alex, so I believe we'll be in good hands on Sunday night if Smith can't suit up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, profusion said:

The WFT isn't a deep-threat offense, so I'm not as concerned about Taylor's lack of a big arm.

Yep, we don't even have deep threat receivers.

Even TMC, he's more famous for YAC than goin deep

But I'm not worried in the slightest ; we just got through with an experiment on a 1st round QB, known for his deep ball, and how'd that work out ?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, when he get's hurt like he always has, is Montez going to play?

Him, or Josh Johnson.

Yesterday Finlay tweeted all the QB's he'd take over Haskins.

Johnson was one of them

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, when he get's hurt like he always has, is Montez going to play?

Dude!  When everybody gets a lump of coal and some guy figures out that it can be used to make a fire on a cold, December night, you're the one guy who's gotta say there's a remote chance that a freak mineralization process might cause the coal to explode.  Don't be that guy.

• Like 2

Just now, GothSkinsFan said:

Dude!  When everybody gets a lump of coal and some guy figures out that it can be used to make a fire on a cold, December night, you're the one guy who's gotta say there's a remote chance that a freak mineralization process might cause the coal to explode.  Don't be that guy.

We're on our 4rth QB and he always gets hurt, so it's a legit question. 

• Haha 1

There's no argument for it being a Panthers Prevent D either.  He had 1 touchdown on a bomb, and he had two more bombs that were dropped by players that got behind the defense.  They got behind the defense or only had 1 defender anywhere near them deep...that's the opposite of a Prevent D.  Panthers played a normal D, and Heinicke looked capable of carving it up.

• Like 6

Heinicke reminds me a bit of a younger Colt McCoy.  Smart guy on the field, good decision maker but a mediocre arm.  He’s probably not the face of the franchise, but he can probably be a great backup rolling into next season.  I’d rather role into Sunday night with Alex, but I definitely think we have a better chance with Taylor than we would with Dwayne if Alex can’t go.

• Like 2