Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

8 minutes ago, zskins said:

Here is a list of all UFA in 2022. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/quarterback/

On that list the only one we should try to go for is Mariota

I never said anything about UFA. I do NOT want another ****ing band aid. Needs to come from the draft. I know people are certain this is not a good QB draft. But every year there are a few good ones. More importantly this recycling of people that have already failed is jsut not working. At least give someone a chance that has not already failed. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I never said anything about UFA. I do NOT want another ****ing band aid. Needs to come from the draft. I know people are certain this is not a good QB draft. But every year there are a few good ones. More importantly this recycling of people that have already failed is jsut not working. At least give someone a chance that has not already failed. 

Yes not a great QB class in 2022. You keep on playing TH then this year and next?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Yes not a great QB class in 2022. You keep on playing TH then this year and next?

Not if I can help it. That was my point, Not going into next year with any one of these QBs as the starter - unless, and only unless Taylor figures it out or one of the others comes in a the team goes on a serious run. But even then, unless they are clearly the reason, you still need your franchise QB. It's year 3. Can't keep pushing that can down the road. Wasting other good players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hard for me to see if anyone digs Heinicke that they wouldn't dig Corral, they are similar stylistically IMO in numerous ways. 

Heinicke gives us something at least to cheer for this season.  Teams could do a whole lot worse for a backup QB that doesn't need a lot of reps in practice.  But I think most Heinicke fans see him more as Mr. Rightnow rather than Mr. Right.  

11 minutes ago, zskins said:

I'd say yes to keeping TH as QB next year if the only other options are Fitz, Kyle Allen, Mariota, Minshew, or Dalton.  Trubisky is somewhere between Josh Rosen and Blaine Gabbert so no on any of those options.  

• Like 1

Every year there are supposedly weak qbs coming out and every year 2 or 3 top 10 qbs guys emerge with some fringe guys. I liked Davis Mills and someone like him will be available late first round or second round. 

Do we really need to be discussing a qb next year? We have 12 more games this year. 

6 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Every year there are supposedly weak qbs coming out and every year 2 or 3 top 10 qbs guys emerge with some fringe guys. I liked Davis Mills and someone like him will be available late first round or second round. 

Do we really need to be discussing a qb next year? We have 12 more games this year. 

Oh god, TWELVE??? This season is taking forever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Fitz isn’t the guy either. From the preseason to his stint in the regular season, Fitz looked done. At least Heinicke developed some chemistry with McLaurin. 

Taylor didn't stand out either, and wasn't Terry praising Fitz in training camp?  Why shouldn't Fitz get a chance to build in that?

3 hours ago, zskins said:

Here is a list of all UFA in 2022. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/quarterback/

On that list the only one we should try to go for is Mariota

The trade market for QBs will be hot this offseason. Wilson, Rodgers and Ryan will all be on the trade block. The Raiders are now headed to a 5ish win season and, if the next coach wants his own guy, Carr can be had too. Watson is the final option but I think Miami gets something done before the deadline.

Given all the QBs who have been drafted the past two years, the only other teams with obvious QB needs are the Saints. These are the only two teams who don't have a respected veteran starter or a young QB of the future. 

5 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

I think what most of us are worried about is Fitz's lack of mobility.  He wasn't looking very mobile in preseason and with the injury you'd imagine it won't be any better.  The Oline didn't magically start blocking better for Heinicke.  Defenses are scared of TH scrambling.  And they should be.  So they're not teeing off with the pass rush.  I like Fitz but I believe he'd get killed back there.  

Good NFL QBs even without mobility skills can make olines look better then they actually are.  Adjustments at the line, screens, and quick throws can negate a good pass rush, jus ask our dline. 

5 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

Just hope for some Heinickesque type moments for brief glimpses of sunshine in what will probably be a very gloomy forecast for the rest of the season.  

I'm not really interested in the glimpse of sunshine argument if he's throwing multiple interceptions in the game.  Hes done that twice now in three weeks.  We shouldn't keep Taylor in because he might get on sportscenter every once in a while.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This is weak, Taylor can't beat good defenses, Mahomes already has a ring, they arent in the same level of atmosphere 

Or how about giving the Bills defense some credit for shutting down a Superbowl winning QB....Taylor didn't play that bad up against the best.  At least he was not sacked over 10 times a game like previous Redskins QBs.... 

7 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Or how about giving the Bills defense some credit for shutting down a Superbowl winning QB....Taylor didn't play that bad up against the best.  At least he was not sacked over 10 times a game like previous Redskins QBs.... 

That's a low bar to cross, you know that, right? He doesn't get a cookie for that.  Was Mahomes throwing ducks all over the place like Taylor did?  I didn't watch the Bills-Chiefs game to compare.

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's a low bar to cross, you know that, right? He doesn't get a cookie for that.  Was Mahomes throwing ducks all over the place like Taylor did?  I didn't watch the Bills-Chiefs game to compare.

The Bills had lightning in a bottle. They accidentally spilled some of the lightning, so the NFL had to delay the end of halftime for a bit.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Doesn’t add any validity to the Mahomes comparison. On the bright side, there’s no validity to subtract from that comparison. 

• Like 1

I don't like the idea of reaching for a QB in this year's draft if there are no highly graded players. We did that with Haskins and look what happened. We have so many other areas to improve I would be fine waiting a year and going for the top rated QB in 2022-2023 draft. 

I like the idea of trading for Wilson as long as it is reasonable. No 3+ first rounders. So no to Ryan he is over the hill and overrated. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

I like the idea of trading for Wilson as long as it is reasonable. No 3+ first rounders. So no to Ryan he is over the hill and overrated. 

Wilson has been to the Super Bowl twice, won it once, and been to the playoffs many times while being among the league's best QBs.

Matt Stafford is the floor of that trade.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Wilson has been to the Super Bowl twice, won it once, and been to the playoffs many times while being among the league's best QBs.

Matt Stafford is the floor of that trade.

Nor do I think they'd ship him to Washington.  If they part ways, it will be a mutual deal, where he gets to choose.  We all know there's not a chance in the world that he would choose here.

38 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Nor do I think they'd ship him to Washington.  If they part ways, it will be a mutual deal, where he gets to choose.  We all know there's not a chance in the world that he would choose here.

Wilson already gets to choose. He has a no-trade clause in his contract. IIRC there were rumors early this year that he would be willing to waive that no-trade clause for the Raiders, Dallas, the Saints, and the Bears.

Watson also has a no-trade clause and I remember reading reports that WFT was definitely not on his list of teams he'd be ok with.

Rodgers doesn't have a no-trade clause but I'd have a hard time seeing them trading within the NFC.

Any of those three guys coming here is a pipe dream. We're not exactly a destination spot.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think you underestimate Ron's reputation among players. That's not all that matters obviously but I think it helps if we find ourselves in a situation like that.