Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I only defer to Heinicke because we know Fitzpatrick is essentially the same exact player with a kinda bigger arm but less mobile. 

Also, I’m about 90% sure we see Kyle Allen in the next 3 games. Deep down is his heart, Ron loves him the most. 

I'm in for that. I like Kyle Allen. I like Taylor Heinicke. Make it a deathmatch, winner gets to be backup next year.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO 2 really good games.  2 bad games.  I didn't think he played hot against the Bills.  Logan Paulsen's thesis on Heinicke has been he has what it takes to beat bad defenses but he's skeptical about him against better/more complex defenses and he said the Saints would be a good test on that front.  

I just want to see a bigger sample size.  On one hand, I am skeptical that a QB with that level of arm strength can succeed in the NFL and I think picks come with that issue -- on the other hand I love his moxie and mobility.  

If I had to take stance right now, I'd say Heinicke is a high end backup.  But I want to see more of the movie still.   

Patrick "freakin' Mahomes isn't playing so hot against the bills either.....

56 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Patrick "freakin' Mahomes isn't playing so hot against the bills either.....

This belongs in the Positivity Thread, but it's going to be a battle of two bottom dwellers next week as KC (2-3) travels with 60,000 of their fans to face the WFT (2-3) in their stadium.

Yes, KC is at the bottom of the AFC West! 

We got this!  😆

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I only defer to Heinicke because we know Fitzpatrick is essentially the same exact player with a kinda bigger arm but less mobile. 

Also, I’m about 90% sure we see Kyle Allen in the next 3 games. Deep down is his heart, Ron loves him the most. 

In response to @NoCalMike the first part I agree with.  At this point Fitz even at his best - and I like Fitz and was Ok with us giving him a run - its a less mobile, older Taylor with a bit stronger arm. For me Taylor has more upside as the season goes on even if there are distinct physical limitations. I like Fitz, a lot. I just do not see him giving us any kind of boost. 

I would leave the snark out of the 2nd statement, but I do see it worth putting Kyle in if the team comes apart as I expect it will over the next 3 games. But I seriously doubt it happens before the bye. Which would mean that would save Taylor from playing the same team twice since we play Tampa after the bye. Last season Kyle played the best of the QBs overall if you look at him statistically for the most part. Taylor had a few better numbers but a much smaller sample size. His QBR for the regular season was 48 vs Kyle's 72 and Kyle's comp% was much higher along with his 4TDs to only 1int. He did take more sacks - 7 to 1 so even the greater playing time does not account for that difference. But overall Kyle was the better QB.

But fair enough he looked atrocious this year in preseason. He looked really bad. So the injury may have really taken it's toll so he may not ever get back to where he was. If that's the case though, they need to cut him loose. 

I am a huge Ron R fan but so far he has screwed up the most important position. Not saying I would have done it, and this is admittedly some hindsight viewing - but it's looking more and more like he should have made a move for one of the top QBs in this years draft. I will leave it at that in this thread.

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

In response to @NoCalMike the first part I agree with.  At this point Fitz even at his best - and I like Fitz and was Ok with us giving him a run - its a less mobile, older Taylor with a bit stronger arm. For me Taylor has more upside as the season goes on even if there are distinct physical limitations. I like Fitz, a lot. I just do not see him giving us any kind of boost. 

IMO Fitz has an average NFL arm, signficantly stronger than Heinicke.  For my eyes, you can see that in camp.  The difference in arm strength was palpable to me.  Fitz though as an older dude I don't think is as mobile as he once was.  Heinicke I think is way more mobile.  I liked the signing of Fitz at the time.  I'd still play Heinicke throughout the season though.

I am somewhat out on Kyle but think he can be a decent backup.

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I am a huge Ron R fan but so far he has screwed up the most important position. Not saying I would have done it, and this is admittedly some hindsight viewing - but it's looking more and more like he should have made a move for one of the top QBs in this years draft. I will leave it at that in this thread.

I am mixed on this.  On one hand I was one of the bigger fans of both Justin Fields and Mac Jones on the board so it grates at me to see them have success.  On the other hand, I was ok with giving him a pass this year as long as he does it next year.  So next year for me is the be all and end all on that front.  And I actually like some QB prospects.  And there might be some options in the trading market.  So he likely will have another shot at the well.  I was really hoping they landed Stafford, it pains me to see him tearing up the league this season.  I'll give Ron that he at least swung for him. 😢

Edited by Skinsinparadise

27 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I would leave the snark out of the 2nd statement, but I do see it worth putting Kyle in if the team comes apart as I expect it will over the next 3 games. But I seriously doubt it happens before the bye. Which would mean that would save Taylor from playing the same team twice since we play Tampa after the bye. Last season Kyle played the best of the QBs overall if you look at him statistically for the most part. Taylor had a few better numbers but a much smaller sample size. His QBR for the regular season was 48 vs Kyle's 72 and Kyle's comp% was much higher along with his 4TDs to only 1int. He did take more sacks - 7 to 1 so even the greater playing time does not account for that difference. But overall Kyle was the better QB.

But fair enough he looked atrocious this year in preseason. He looked really bad. So the injury may have really taken it's toll so he may not ever get back to where he was. If that's the case though, they need to cut him loose. 

No snark at all. I actually like Kyle Allen. Ron loves him. He always brings him up and gushes over him. 

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO Fitz has an average NFL arm, signficantly stronger than Heinicke.  For my eyes, you can see that in camp.  The difference in arm strength was palpable to me.  Fitz though as an older dude I don't think is as mobile as he once was.  Heinicke I think is way more mobile.  I liked the signing of Fitz at the time.  I'd still play Heinicke throughout the season though.

So basically you agree with me 🙂  

I am somewhat out on Kyle but think he can be a decent backup.

I can see this. If he is not any better than he showed in camp I totally agree. 

I am mixed on this.  On one hand I was one of the bigger fans of both Justin Fields and Mac Jones on the board so it grates at me to see them have success.  On the other hand, I was ok with giving him a pass this year as long as he does it next year.  So next year for me is the be all and end all on that front.  And I actually like some QB prospects.  And there might be some options in the trading market.  So he likely will have another shot at the well.  I was really hoping they landed Stafford, it pains me to see him tearing up the league this season.  I'll give Ron that he at least swung for him. 😢

I am mixed too to be fair. Again. it is looking like we should have but at the time I was not asking him to make that move and defended him not going for one of the top QBs in this years draft. So it's hindsight. I think you and I were on the same page during the draft - if you see someone you like Ok but do not see the farm unless you are sure.  I also wish they had gotten Stafford. I liked him better than most. He was my #1 choice and said so multiple times. I wish they had sold out for him but they didn't so it is what it is. Once they did not get him I was Ok with the Fitz, Taylor, Allen path. But it did and does mean that this offseason they have to make a major move. They cannot kick this can down the road anymore. 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I wish they had sold out for him but they didn't so it is what it is. Once

Like you both, I really wanted Stafford as well.  But I don’t think it was that we didn’t sell out for him.  I just don’t think he would have even considered us.  When you can choose Sean McVay, those offensive weapons, a shiny new stadium, and a defense led by Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey…that is the choice you make.  I can’t imagine we even registered as a potential option.  It’s sucks but that’s the reality of who we are, Ron and his culture change or not.  We are nowhere near where we need to be in order to draw interest as a destination for top notch QBs looking elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Like you both, I really wanted Stafford as well.  But I don’t think it was that we didn’t sell out for him.  I just don’t think he would have even considered us.  When you can choose Sean McVay, those offensive weapons, a shiny new stadium, and a defense led by Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey…that is the choice you make.  I can’t imagine we even registered as a potential option.  It’s sucks but that’s the reality of who we are, Ron and his culture change or not.  We are nowhere near where we need to be in order to draw interest as a destination for top notch QBs looking elsewhere.

We weren't even his 2nd choice. If not the Rams he would have went to the Panthers.

53 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I think I may leave the Heinicke Hive and head on over to Kyle Allen Alley. Lol. Man was Heinicke bad yday. I am getting curious about seeing what Allen can do…

Yes. One game can either make or break a QB in this league. Man was Mahomes bad last night too. 

It doesn't matter who our QB at this point. The D sucks anyway. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

We weren't even his 2nd choice. If not the Rams he would have went to the Panthers.

I get that. But I do not believe Stafford had a no trade clause did he? If he did then I agree we were never in the running. If not, then there was a number. I remember it that our deal was close to the Rams but theirs was a little better and Stafford preferred the Rams over many other destinations. 

Water under the bridge at this point. My bigger point was thy need to sell out this offseason and get their QB. It seems like many college seasons start with very few if any good QB options but they develop during the season. We literally could have won our last game So at 2-15, we are at the worst top 3 in the drat and likely 2 or maybe even #1. Feels like it's unlikely as there is too much talent on defense even if it's not playing well. But who knows. 

Once Ryan is healthy he’ll get his job back. I worry about what Taylor would look like when we get to the games in December when the elements really affect the game. We saw how much the wind was affecting his throws in Buffalo, what’s gonna happen when the weather gets really nasty?

Question for what's left of this fanbase:

Would you call the Bills and make an offer for Mitch Trubisky to see if he can be reclamated  heading into next season? The Bills would likely ask for a 1st round pick but what if a 2022 2nd and 2023 2nd got the deal done? Trubisky is big, has a big arm and can run. Did he learn anything playing this short time with Josh Allen?

Trubisky is not going anywhere in Buffalo and is only there for insurance. Would they take Kyle Allen and some picks for us to give him a look? 

Also, whoever turned Allen into what he is today needs to be an OC for the WFT. 

29 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Would you call the Bills and make an offer for Mitch Trubisky to see if he can be reclamated  heading into next season? The Bills would likely ask for a 1st round pick but what if a 2022 2nd and 2023 2nd got the deal done? Trubisky is big, has a big arm and can run. Did he learn anything playing this short time with Josh Allen?

Trubisky is not going anywhere in Buffalo and is only there for insurance. Would they take Kyle Allen and some picks for us to give him a look? 

lolol if we're at the point where we're offering draft picks for Mitch effing Trebisky we are more boned than we thought

• Haha 3

I still like Taylor. He’s never gonna be a bonafide franchise qb but he is serviceable and his will to win is second to none. We left some points off the board by not being able to score TDs instead of FGs but we are still averaging more points than last year and if the defense played even somewhat like last year, we could be in decent shape. We know he can’t zip the ball in there so he needs to be on his game and he has to anticipate throws.

If the offense is stagnant against a weak Chiefs defense, I do think it may be time to put in Allen. Allen at least has a pro arm. We just need to be able to go .500 till our NFC east games. Remember one additional playoff spot this year and besides Tampa and the Cards everyone is kind of bunched together. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I don't understand the hate for Kyle Allen.  He is stronger than Heinicke and quicker than Fitz.  To me he is the most complete QB on the team.  Why not give him a chance this year?  We already know Heinicke and Fitz are not the answer and the season is washed anyway.  What am I missing?  

I prefer Kyle over Taylor myself.

Just not fooling myself into thinking he's the long term guy.

49 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Hard no on trubisky. Even if he worked out, he would jsut be another band-aid. Need to get someone who at least has a legitimate higher ceiling than any current retreads. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

QB isn’t the only position Ron has messed up.  His moves have backfired on him on several positions.

• Thanks 1