Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

17 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Scouts (and fans) are obsessed with the muscles generating Taylor's [questionable] arm strength... when the muscle between his ears matters most. 

Killer instinct... he got it!

That being said, I am not a "give him a big contract NOW" bandwagon... I want to see one full year of starts just like his critics.

With you 💯 on the contract.  As much as I like Heinicke, I'm a WFT fan first.  He needs to play out the year.  Even then, I'd like to see him locked up at a discount.  I know it's unconventional today when every player tries to break the bank.  But TH is unconventional.  I see visions of a bargain at QB with the ability spread some money around for DBs that can cover, Oline upgrades, and some more weapons on offense.  In that order.  I don't need anyone to bring me back to reality.  I'm 59 and the last few years have battled stage IV cancer and just got cleared from a positive COVID test; after I had both Pfizer shots.  Let me dream :P

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

58 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

With you 💯 on the contract.  As much as I like Heinicke, I'm a WFT fan first.  He needs to play out the year.  Even then, I'd like to see him locked up at a discount.  I know it's unconventional today when every player tries to break the bank.  But TH is unconventional.  I see visions of a bargain at QB with the ability spread some money around for DBs that can cover, Oline upgrades, and some more weapons on offense.  In that order.  I don't need anyone to bring me back to reality.  I'm 59 and the last few years have battled stage IV cancer and just got cleared from a positive COVID test; after I had both Pfizer shots.  Let me dream :P

No matter how he performs on the field, Heinicke will never be highly sought after nor will he ever get that break the bank type of contract.  Why?  Because like you said, TH is unconventional- he doesn't fit into a category.  Sure, we have had lower tiered football school undrafted QB's like Kurt Warner and Tony Romo that succeed in the NFL, and sure we've had smaller sized QB's like Drew Brees and Russell Wilson succeed in the NFL, and sure, we've had weaker arm QB's like Montana succeed in the NFL, but we've never had a smaller sized QB from a lower tiered football school with a weaker arm succeed.  If it does happen. TH will be the first.

• Like 2

He might flex his value up to 2/3rds of the market like Keenum did that one time.

There were quite a few throws that could have been picked last week. I think we need more time to see if TH can speed up his decisions/actions and improve the timing on throws. If he doesn't anticipate better, teams will start getting those turnovers. 

Either way, I think he maxes out at 25/yr with an All-Pro type year and that's not in the cards from what I can see. 

On 10/4/2021 at 1:27 PM, CapsSkins said:

The staff valued Fitz at $10M/yr as a stopgap starter. If Heinicke is basically giving you Fitz-level results, do you give Heinicke a $10M/yr Fitz-type deal to lock him up for a few years and ride the wave while seeing if you can land a QB prospect you love?

Sure.

But the reality is, unless Heinicke plays at a top-10 level, Snyder is going to draft yet another "franchise QB" this offseason.

Edited by Tsailand
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Sure.

But the reality is, unless Heinicke plays at a top-10 level, Snyder is going to draft yet another "franchise QB" this offseason.

Ya, the underdogs don’t get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to why a team didn’t succeed/win; they have to way outperform expectations and win at a high clip to get another year.

Easy for the GM and head coach to blame the weak armed QB and but themselves another year or two to make millions and secure generational wealth. I get it, but from my selfish fan view, I dislike it lol. Been going on here for a long time. Scapegoating. 

2 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Sure.

Snyder is no longer running the show. If the FO is smart then they would not get a QB next year as the class is not great. You roll the dice with TH and think about a franchise QB in 2023. In 22 you fix the linebackers and secondary issues first and add more to the offense line. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TK said:

Imma just leave this here.... :kickcan: 

He's in 6 categories &  in those 6, neither Philly or NY placed. And Dac only placed in 3 of them.

CLEARLY means that Hiney is twice as good as Dac :) 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I hope all those people who were pushing back against the lack of arm strength criticism saw enough in today's game to understand why that kind of thing matters at the professional level.  It's not just about downfield throwing, but the timing of these cross patterns where we had guys breaking open, but the ball is either late to get there or floated so gutless-ly that the DB's had time to recover every time.   If you freeze the play when the WR is coming out of their break, they are open and it should be easy no stress completion. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ODU AGGIE said:

The only real difference I can see between Heinicke and Wilson is that Wilson seems to be more injury prone.

Wilson can fit the ball in tight windows because he has pro level arm strength.  Heinicke has to be perfect to make tough throws because he throws ducks. 

Taylor is the best we got but he needs to get better with his timing because he doesn't have the arm to back up his late throws.